Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jagan

macrumors member
Original poster
May 1, 2006
Hi

I'm considering buying a 5G 60GB ipod. What is important to me is
-clickwheel (no touchscreen)
-large harddrive

Should I wait for the 6G, or do you think that the clickwheel will be replaced with a touchscreen for the 6G (which I don't want)?

Any chance of a "classic" 6G-ipod, you think?

regards
Magnus

Sesshi

macrumors G3
Jun 3, 2006
One Nation Under Gordon
Let me throw my speculationalism (thanks Dubya) hat into the ring. In order to avoid fingermarks and still have a wheel on a large, click-wheel-less display I think they will implement a lickwheel. This way the screen would be cleaned at the same time as navigation is taking place.

Bubbasteve

macrumors 65816
Dec 23, 2004
Charleston, IL
I would definitely wait for WWDC...if they do introduce the 6G iPod you can still buy the 5G's from Apple or Best Buy or wherever (but not for long though)

...basically what I'm saying is wait to see what WWDC brings

AvSRoCkCO1067

macrumors 65816
Sep 6, 2005
CO
Sesshi said:
Let me throw my speculationalism (thanks Dubya) hat into the ring. In order to avoid fingermarks and still have a wheel on a large, click-wheel-less display I think they will implement a lickwheel. This way the screen would be cleaned at the same time as navigation is taking place.

Probably should have this posted to page 1....

pknz

macrumors 68020
Mar 22, 2005
NZ
Maybe a Touchscreen-Clickwheel, haven't quite decided how it would work as yet.

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
Maybe they've got something like this up their sleeves.:p

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060712/tc_nm/science_brain_dc_3

LONDON (Reuters) - A Paralyzed man using a new brain sensor has been able to move a computer cursor, open e-mail and control a robotic device simply by thinking about doing it, a team of scientists said on Wednesday.

They believe the BrainGate sensor, which involves implanting electrodes in the brain, could offer new hope to people Paralyzed by injuries or illnesses.

B

MacbookJoe

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2006
Wait

I have alot of friends who are going to be freshman in college and want macs. I tell them to wait as long as they can because with Apple you never know what tomarrow will bring.

Same with iPod. Waiting is the best decision that you can make. Even if you don't like the new iPod, the price of the 60gig 5g will definitly go down.

If you can't go another week without an mp3 player, then just buy a shuffle from the iPod refurbished store. They're only 50 bucks and should be able to hold you over.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.