Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

farqueue

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2006
How do i burn an ISO image onto a CD? This is the first time i am using a mac... do i need any special software like nero? Sorry me was a windoze user.

mark!

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2006
America
File>New Burn Folder>

copy the file you want to burn, and paste it into the New Burn Folder.
make sure you paste it. click burn once its copied, if this way doesn't work, lemme know & i'll tell yu the other way. but this way will work, i think.

mduser63

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
markkk! said:
File>New Burn Folder>

copy the file you want to burn, and paste it into the New Burn Folder.
make sure you paste it. click burn once its copied, if this way doesn't work, lemme know & i'll tell yu the other way. but this way will work, i think.

Not to burn an ISO. To burn an ISO, you use Disk Utility which is in your Utilities folder (/Applications/Utilities). Open it up, drag the .iso file into the left hand side of the Disk Utility window, then select it and click burn in the toolbar.

mark!

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2006
America
mduser63 said:
Not to burn an ISO. To burn an ISO, you use Disk Utility which is in your Utilities folder (/Applications/Utilities). Open it up, drag the .iso file into the left hand side of the Disk Utility window, then select it and click burn in the toolbar.

yeah, if my way didn't work i was going to say that way. hehe.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.