Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Queso

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 4, 2006
Although only a beta, it's now availble on the Google site.

Here for the download.

macbook123

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2006
Hi guys, for some reason, when opening Google earth, it gets thrown on an area on the far right upper corner of my screen, and I'm unable to move it to the center because I can't touch the bar. I'm able to have a look at it with the F9 or F10 functions of Dashboard/Expose, but this won't help me being able to move the window and use Google Earth. Any ideas out there what could be going wrong? Thanks.

Kernow

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2005
Kingston-Upon-Thames
macbook123 said:
Hi guys, for some reason, when opening Google earth, it gets thrown on an area on the far right upper corner of my screen, and I'm unable to move it to the center because I can't touch the bar. I'm able to have a look at it with the F9 or F10 functions of Dashboard/Expose, but this won't help me being able to move the window and use Google Earth. Any ideas out there what could be going wrong? Thanks.

Try quitting Google Earth and then trashing the preferences file - on my system this is called com.Google.GoogleEarthPlus.plist. These normally contain information on the last window location.

macbook123

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2006
Kernow said:
Try quitting Google Earth and then trashing the preferences file - on my system this is called com.Google.GoogleEarthPlus.plist. These normally contain information on the last window location.

It magically readjusted itself into the middle of the screen after the computer was asleep. No idea what was going on. I never moved the window to where it was. It went into that corner the first time I used Google Earth. Thanks for your advice anyway!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.