Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hajaman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2006
I've been having this somewhat odd problem for about a month now. Sometimes, when I close iTunes, it reopens. I close it again. It re-reopens. The happens maybe 2-3 times, and then it stays closed.

I ask more out of curiosity than frustration: What is happening here?

iTunes 6.0.5 (20)
Mac OS X 10.4.7

mduser63

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
Do you have any widgets that access iTunes running? I think certain lyrics widgets have been known to cause this. Any widget that accesses iTunes could potentially do this to you if it's not been coded carefully.

Hajaman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2006
Ahh, no widgets, but it was iMote (2.2.1, up-to-date). That's the only iTunes extension I use; closed it and it doesn't happen anymore. I'd still like to be able to use it though... let me see if I can figure something out.

mduser63

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
Hajaman said:
Ahh, no widgets, but it was iMote (2.2.1, up-to-date). That's the only iTunes extension I use; closed it and it doesn't happen anymore. I'd still like to be able to use it though... let me see if I can figure something out.

You should probably email the developer. Hopefully it's not too big of a deal to make it check to see if iTunes is already running before it starts querying it. It's most likely using AppleScript to do the control...

iTwitch

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2006
East of the Mississippi
Last night I had this happen 4 or 5 times. I'm not using any iTunes related widgets so what should I be looking for?

BTW, it's happened once or twice in the past.

GreyFox1221

macrumors regular
Apr 16, 2005
IF you have an iPod plugged in going to the iPod options in iTunes and uncheck the box "Open iTunes when this iPod is attached"

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    4.3 KB · Views: 345
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.