PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Apple Cinema Display or Other.

craigatkinson
Jul 14, 2006, 06:39 PM
I'm in the market for a display. I'm looking at the apple cinema displays, but I also heard that the dell cinema displays are comparable. If I can help it I'd like to buy one for cheaper than I can get it from apple or dell. I'm a student, so I can get the educational prices. For example, the 30" apple cinema display is 2,300 with the educational discount. I could also get a refurbished 30" display from apple for 2,099. So I'm looking for something cheaper if I can find it.
Does anyone want to get rid of their Apple Cinema Display or their Dell Cinema Display. It doesn't have to be 30", 30" is just preferred.

craigatkinson
Jul 14, 2006, 06:41 PM
I could also possibly trade. I have a G5 2.16 ghz iMac. It's the last revision before the new intel machines came out.

baby duck monge
Jul 14, 2006, 07:29 PM
NYmacAttack is selling a 23" Apple display for $999 and a 30" for $1999 right now (each + shipping). Don't know how that sounds to you, and I have never bought from him (though he did just buy something from me), but I thought I would at least point that out for you.

craigatkinson
Jul 14, 2006, 07:33 PM
Yeah I saw that. That's more than I want to pay for a used display. If I'm going to spend 2000, I might as well spend the extra hundred bucks, get one from apple, have free shipping, a newly refurbished machine, and a full year of applecare. I'm definitely looking for a better deal. Thanks for looking for me though.

NYmacAttack is selling a 23" Apple display for $999 and a 30" for $1999 right now (each + shipping). Don't know how that sounds to you, and I have never bought from him (though he did just buy something from me), but I thought I would at least point that out for you.

NYmacAttack
Jul 14, 2006, 08:22 PM
Yeah I saw that. That's more than I want to pay for a used display. If I'm going to spend 2000, I might as well spend the extra hundred bucks, get one from apple, have free shipping, a newly refurbished machine, and a full year of applecare. I'm definitely looking for a better deal. Thanks for looking for me though.

I have PM’ed you offering to work a deal out with you. However you will never find someone selling a 30" ACD for US$1500 shipped that’s 1000-1300 less than retail (Depending on tax). Even if you buy a refurbished one it will be more than $200 more than mine with tax. Since mine is under warranty you can buy apple care for $79 and be under warranty for another 2.5 years. If you find someone that is selling one for $1500 shipped let me know at that price I would buy another. :)

craigatkinson
Jul 14, 2006, 08:32 PM
OK, I replied to your PM.

I have PM’ed you offering to work a deal out with you. However you will never find someone selling a 30" ACD for US$1500 shipped that’s 1000-1300 less than retail (Depending on tax). Even if you buy a refurbished one it will be more than $200 more than mine with tax. Since mine is under warranty you can buy apple care for $79 and be under warranty for another 2.5 years. If you find someone that is selling one for $1500 shipped let me know at that price I would buy another. :)