Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

golfstyle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 28, 2006
What is the best camcorder that I should consider buying? I've tried Panasonic's SDR-SD100 for its size and SD capability. Unfortunately not Mac compatible and quality is definitely lacking. Next Sony's HDR-HC3. True HD and 1080i but for right now seems like it isn't Mac compatible either.

Going to return this and get something. I could use a little advice. I like the feel of camcorder that is vertical not horizontal in design. At this point though i'd take anything easy to use with my Mac.

With the Sony I used iMovie and firewire and no dice as of yet. The SD was 3CCD and the picture was horible, however I loved the camera. But the SD says right in the book, NOT MAC COMPATIBLE. I'm tired of seein that sh#$$%.

Any other ideas?

Nuc

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2003
TN
I'm pretty sure the HC3 is mac compatible. My HC1 is compatible.

SonyHDVinfo

I just checked on the forum and the HC3 is compatible.

golfstyle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 28, 2006
how are you using it? i plugged in fire wire (my own, didn't come with it) and no dice through imovie?

any ideas?

thank you by the way.

Nuc

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2003
TN
You will need to make sure your settings are right on the HC3 first. You will have to read the manual. I'm not sure if the settings are the same as the HC1 but I would think that they are.

Are you having trouble with the sony or the panasonic?? I'm a little confused as to what question you are asking.

Nuc

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.