PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Verizon Camera Phone, RAZR V3c Preferred

iShane
Jul 15, 2006, 08:35 PM
Hi all,

Today while swimming at the lake I slipped and fell and my RAZR fell into the lake. So I need a replacement. I really prefer a camera phone, another RAZR especially. So you can either leave your offers here or PM them to me. I'm open to any offers.

Thanks!

skoker
Jul 15, 2006, 08:51 PM
Hi all,

Today while swimming at the lake I slipped and fell and my RAZR fell into the lake. So I need a replacement. I really prefer a camera phone, another RAZR especially. So you can either leave your offers here or PM them to me. I'm open to any offers.

Thanks!

I had a friend who got pushed into a pool and got his phone (a VX8100 me thinks) wet. Just take the battery out and let it sit in the sun (such as the 90's we are getting tomorrow) and it *should* work in a few days.

craigatkinson
Jul 15, 2006, 08:53 PM
I have a verizon wireless samsung camera flip phone. It served me well for well over a year until I bought my Motorola e815. I'd sell you my samsung for $60. It comes with a case. I never took it out of it's case. It kept my phone looking new. I'll send you pics if your interested.

iShane
Jul 15, 2006, 09:02 PM
I have a verizon wireless samsung camera flip phone. It served me well for well over a year until I bought my Motorola e815. I'd sell you my samsung for $60. It comes with a case. I never took it out of it's case. It kept my phone looking new. I'll send you pics if your interested.
What model number is it?

iShane
Jul 15, 2006, 09:02 PM
I had a friend who got pushed into a pool and got his phone (a VX8100 me thinks) wet. Just take the battery out and let it sit in the sun (such as the 90's we are getting tomorrow) and it *should* work in a few days.
Haha. Well I'm pretty sure its fried. But I want to have a backup plan even if that does work. I've also heard that RAZRs are pretty....breakable.

nickelbackmac
Jul 15, 2006, 09:06 PM
Ooooohhh I know how you feel... my RAZR for Cingular (silver) fell in the water with me and I took out the battery, put the phone in the oven on "medium, or warm" and then put it by a hair dryer for half an hour, and now the keypad/board is fried and I am exchanging it for a black from Motorola. They do that!

iShane
Jul 15, 2006, 09:07 PM
Ooooohhh I know how you feel... my RAZR for Cingular (silver) fell in the water with me and I took out the battery, put the phone in the oven on "medium, or warm" and then put it by a hair dryer for half an hour, and now the keypad/board is fried and I am exchanging it for a black from Motorola. They do that!
So if I called Motorola they would exchange my phone?

craigatkinson
Jul 15, 2006, 09:12 PM
Samsung SCH-A670.

What model number is it?

iShane
Jul 15, 2006, 09:14 PM
Samsung SCH-A670.
Hmmm. I've always liked those. Could you send me some pics? That would be great. Does it come with charger/box/manuels etc?

craigatkinson
Jul 15, 2006, 09:15 PM
If you tried turning the phone on after it was soaked then your probably out of luck, but if you didn't, you might try taking as much of it apart as you can and drying it out. My e815 went through an entire cycle in the washing machine and another entire cycle through the dryer. I didn't try turning it on, I immediately began drying it out. I never could get the display to work, but the phone worked fine. Then I found a replacement LCD off ebay for like $30. I installed it and my phone is like new.

craigatkinson
Jul 15, 2006, 09:17 PM
Yeah I'll take pictures of it right now. It comes with the charger, but no manual or boxes. It comes with a case like I mentioned before. Those are life savers. I believe that's what saved my e815 from total destruction. You can get a manual offline. I'll take pictures right now, I'll post them in a few minutes.

Hmmm. I've always liked those. Could you send me some pics? That would be great. Does it come with charger/box/manuels etc?

iShane
Jul 15, 2006, 09:19 PM
If you tried turning the phone on after it was soaked then your probably out of luck, but if you didn't, you might try taking as much of it apart as you can and drying it out. My e815 went through an entire cycle in the washing machine and another entire cycle through the dryer. I didn't try turning it on, I immediately began drying it out. I never could get the display to work, but the phone worked fine. Then I found a replacement LCD off ebay for like $30. I installed it and my phone is like new.
Well actually I did take the battery out, dried everything off. Then I put the battery back in to see what would happen and the Verizon Wireless logo just came up. Then I just layed it out to dry and its been under a heat lamp for a little while. About 5 minutes ago I put the battery back in and the Verizon Logo just kept blinking like it would come up, then go away, come up, then go away.

craigatkinson
Jul 15, 2006, 09:45 PM
O.k. I uploaded some pictures to flikr. I've never uploaded pictures to flikr before so I'm going to see if I can embed them on this website. If it doesn't work just follow this link.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/83595537@N00/?savedsettings=190445151#photo190445151

http://www.flickr.com/photos/83595537@N00/?savedsettings=190445151#photo190445151

craigatkinson
Jul 15, 2006, 09:51 PM
One other thing. I noticed when I was cleaning the phone before I took pictures of it that the front display has some scratching on it. I thought it was oily smudges, but I kept cleaning and it wouldn't come off. It doesn't show up in the pictures, but its there.

iShane
Jul 15, 2006, 09:52 PM
O.k. I uploaded some pictures to flikr. I've never uploaded pictures to flikr before so I'm going to see if I can embed them on this website. If it doesn't work just follow this link.

Thanks! Umm. It looks pretty good. I am going to wait and see though if I leave it out to dry because I am going to camp this upcoming week until Friday so I will not be able to reply, if it does work though I obviously won't be needing it.

iShane
Jul 15, 2006, 09:53 PM
Oh. I was reading the warrenty and they say that accidental damage is not covered. So I guess I don't really know what your talking about.

craigatkinson
Jul 15, 2006, 09:54 PM
So when should I expect to hear back from you? The reason I ask is because there is someone else interested in the phone that I haven't heard back from. He may end up contacting me. The sooner you get back to me the better.

Thanks! Umm. It looks pretty good. I am going to wait and see though if I leave it out to dry because I am going to camp this upcoming week until Friday so I will not be able to reply, if it does work though I obviously won't be needing it.

craigatkinson
Jul 15, 2006, 09:55 PM
He may of had insurance.

Oh. I was reading the warrenty and they say that accidental damage is not covered. So I guess I don't really know what your talking about.

iShane
Jul 15, 2006, 09:59 PM
So when should I expect to hear back from you? The reason I ask is because there is someone else interested in the phone that I haven't heard back from. He may end up contacting me. The sooner you get back to me the better.
I will be getting back to you Friday the 21st, I believe.

DeathToPCs
Jul 15, 2006, 10:09 PM
I got a Samsung A900 It is like a Razor

iShane
Jul 15, 2006, 10:13 PM
I got a Samsung A900 It is like a Razor
Would it work with Verizon? If so how much would you want for it?

iShane
Jul 21, 2006, 12:11 PM
I'll pass up on the Samsung. Thanks for your offer. Anyone else? The RAZR is not being my friend.

ITASOR
Jul 21, 2006, 02:07 PM
I have a Motorola v265 for Verizon Wireless. About a year old. Still have box (minus UPC), charger, holster, flaky usb data cable (sometimes works, sometimes doesn't...is a $4 one from eBay), hands free ear bud thing (Verizon branded), manual, and CD-ROM.

http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/7065/p5230003yo6.jpg <--picture

I have a V3c now, so I don't really need it. I was holding onto it as a spare, but if I get the right offer I might sell. :)

iShane
Jul 21, 2006, 02:22 PM
I have a Motorola v265 for Verizon Wireless. About a year old. Still have box (minus UPC), charger, holster, flaky usb data cable (sometimes works, sometimes doesn't...is a $4 one from eBay), hands free ear bud thing (Verizon branded), manual, and CD-ROM.

http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/7065/p5230003yo6.jpg <--picture

I have a V3c now, so I don't really need it. I was holding onto it as a spare, but if I get the right offer I might sell. :)
Ummm. I don't think so....I was looking for something a little newer I guess. But thanks for the offer. :)

Ahh. I may just have to sell this one on ebay and get something like an LG VX8100 or maybe a RAZR. I don't know.

ITASOR
Jul 21, 2006, 02:40 PM
Ummm. I don't think so....I was looking for something a little newer I guess. But thanks for the offer. :)

Ok, no problem! It's not that old though....I think the SCH-A670 is older.

xfiftyfour
Jul 21, 2006, 02:42 PM
Ok, no problem! It's not that old though....I think the SCH-A670 is older.

it definitely is. i had that phone about 2-3 years ago.

ITASOR
Jul 21, 2006, 02:49 PM
it definitely is. i had that phone about 2-3 years ago.

Oh really? I got it a little less than a year ago brand new so I thought it was a newer release. Looking at release dates now I see it was released in '04, so I guess it is kinda old!

Anyway, sorry to clutter your thread. :o

iShane
Jul 21, 2006, 03:21 PM
Oh really? I got it a little less than a year ago brand new so I thought it was a newer release. Looking at release dates now I see it was released in '04, so I guess it is kinda old!

Anyway, sorry to clutter your thread. :o
Oh. Haha. Its okay. Thanks for the offer though. I hope some new ones come in because I kinda need a new phone.

ITASOR
Jul 21, 2006, 03:42 PM
Oh. Haha. Its okay. Thanks for the offer though. I hope some new ones come in because I kinda need a new phone.

I think it would be worth a try to show Verizon the blinking logo and wait for them to ask if you want it fixed. (Go to a real Verizon store, not a reseller, they can't fix things). On my first v265, water got into the speaker phone speaker about 2 months after I bought it and it stopped working. Verizon couldn't fix it for whatever reason so they supplied me with a new one, no further questions asked. I would make sure yours is completely dry and bring it to a store and I personally think there's a chance they'll at least fix it, if not replace it. They supposedly have a lot of V3c's left over because they are selling the v3m now...

iShane
Jul 21, 2006, 03:53 PM
I think it would be worth a try to show Verizon the blinking logo and wait for them to ask if you want it fixed. (Go to a real Verizon store, not a reseller, they can't fix things). On my first v265, water got into the speaker phone speaker about 2 months after I bought it and it stopped working. Verizon couldn't fix it for whatever reason so they supplied me with a new one, no further questions asked. I would make sure yours is completely dry and bring it to a store and I personally think there's a chance they'll at least fix it, if not replace it. They supposedly have a lot of V3c's left over because they are selling the v3m now...
Hmm. I'll try it sometime this upcoming week. I just talked to a Verizon Rep o n the phone and she said that since it touched water it automatically voided the warrenty. It was actually working before I went to camp pretty well except for 3 keys and now it won't even charge anymore. I have to have it plugged into a power supply for it to work at all.

xfiftyfour
Jul 21, 2006, 03:55 PM
Hmm. I'll try it sometime this upcoming week. I just talked to a Verizon Rep o n the phone and she said that since it touched water it automatically voided the warrenty. It was actually working before I went to camp pretty well except for 3 keys and now it won't even charge anymore. I have to have it plugged into a power supply for it to work at all.

i think he probably meant going in and talking to them WITHOUT telling them it was dropped in water.. or at least that's how i read it...

iShane
Jul 21, 2006, 03:57 PM
i think he probably meant going in and talking to them WITHOUT telling them it was dropped in water.. or at least that's how i read it...
Oh. Hmm. But isn't there like a tab or something that changes color after it has been dropped or made contact with water?

xfiftyfour
Jul 21, 2006, 04:03 PM
Oh. Hmm. But isn't there like a tab or something that changes color after it has been dropped or made contact with water?

i'm not sure about that.

you might be right, though, after reading this (http://digg.com/tech_news/A_red_dot_on_a_cellphone_indicates_water_damage_and_a_voided_warranty.) thread. perhaps you could check yours?

iShane
Jul 21, 2006, 04:08 PM
i'm not sure about that.

you might be right, though, after reading this (http://digg.com/tech_news/A_red_dot_on_a_cellphone_indicates_water_damage_and_a_voided_warranty.) thread. perhaps you could check yours?
Thanks for that link. I took off the battery cover and saw a red dot. So I guess that's not good.

xfiftyfour
Jul 21, 2006, 04:14 PM
Thanks for that link. I took off the battery cover and saw a red dot. So I guess that's not good.

ah :( that stinks. "it was pouring rain and i was out walking"..? :rolleyes: :p

ITASOR
Jul 21, 2006, 05:23 PM
Ouch, lol. I would still bring it in and play dumb. Say it's not working, let them look, and then if they say something about water, be like "what? really? it's been working for months and since then it used it for a call, put it on my desk, and then when I went to use it again it was turned off and blah blah wouldn't work."

ITASOR
Jul 21, 2006, 05:27 PM

You mean that paper circle thing right below the battery (you can see it with the battery in place?). If so, mine's definitely white. All I did was take the battery cover off (of my razr v3c) and you can see it.

iShane
Jul 21, 2006, 05:27 PM
You mean that paper circle thing right below the battery (you can see it with the battery in place?). If so, mine's definitely white. All I did was take the battery cover off (of my razr v3c) and you can see it.
Yes. That would be the thing I'm talking about.

Wanna Trade? :p

Oh. And your playing dumb idea is good. Haha.

ITASOR
Jul 21, 2006, 05:31 PM
Yes. That would be the thing I'm talking about.

Wanna Trade? :p

Oh. And your playing dumb idea is good. Haha.

Wow, I always thought that was inside the phone somewhere that turns color if it's under water! That shouldn't be hard to swap out for a new white one. :p

REDSRT4
Jul 24, 2006, 12:36 AM
Working at Verizon, there is a semi loop hole in the system, the best way to do it is do the add a line for 9.99 extra a month and then have them apply the new phone to your old plan. I do this usually once or twice a week for customers and it works, cost a little extra per month but over the long run it is cheaper then buying a new phone out right

iShane
Jul 24, 2006, 09:52 AM
Working at Verizon, there is a semi loop hole in the system, the best way to do it is do the add a line for 9.99 extra a month and then have them apply the new phone to your old plan. I do this usually once or twice a week for customers and it works, cost a little extra per month but over the long run it is cheaper then buying a new phone out right
So what your saying is if I add on a new line I can get the new phone on my old plan and then just like not really have a phone on the 9.99 plan?