PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Apple OS 9 install cd

tonywalker23
Jul 15, 2006, 10:31 PM
i want to install os 9 on a blue and white power mac g3. i tried looking on ebay but there were so many different kinds that all claimed to install os 9 it confused me.

i think im looking for a 'retail cd' but correct me if im wrong. i didnt switch until the jaguar days so the os 9 stuff im not too up on.

if anyone has one im interested.

thanks

SmurfBoxMasta
Jul 16, 2006, 12:08 PM
i want to install os 9 on a blue and white power mac g3. i tried looking on ebay but there were so many different kinds that all claimed to install os 9 it confused me.

i think im looking for a 'retail cd' but correct me if im wrong. i didnt switch until the jaguar days so the os 9 stuff im not too up on.

if anyone has one im interested.

thanks

If you can look at the pics of the ones on ebay, mostly all RETAIL disks have a white background, with black lettering and a very large gold "9" that runs down thru the center of the cd.

The OEM disks, otoh, have a grey background with white lettering and say either "restore disk" or "install disk" on them.

If none of the above, you'd probably be looking at a pirated copy......

most of the online stores that deal in older macs should have some for sale. ie lowendmac.com, macsofalltrades.com, secondhandmac.com etc etc OWC has the gray ones for $38......

bscoggins4
Jul 16, 2006, 02:25 PM
I have the white with the Gold 9 on it. It is titled Mac OS 9 Featuring Sherlock 2.

Shoot me a PM if interested.

Demon Hunter
Jul 16, 2006, 02:45 PM
I have a few of the grey ones... let me know.

combatcolin
Jul 16, 2006, 03:36 PM
Try phoning the Apple Store (don't bother e-mailing them you'll be there all year).

I bought 9.2.1 for about 18 2 years ago, fairly easy - CD only no maual.