PDA

View Full Version : G4 Powerbook 17'' is shipping ?

maradong
Mar 7, 2003, 06:20 AM
Hi just wanted to announce that the g4 powerbook is shipping right now.
( At least in the us.. german site posts 3-5 weeks to go :( )

iJon
Mar 7, 2003, 07:46 AM
hmm, i have a very hard time believing this, but if your right thats great. where did you see that they were shipping, apple store?

iJon

mgehman
Mar 7, 2003, 09:36 AM
I just spoke to a rep at the online apple store. I gave him my OOB date of 3/28. I also told him I must be away for the 2 weeks starting 3/17 and that I would have no one to accept the package. He told me the 17's are already shipping and that the latest I would get it is 3/28, but probably before. I hope this is true, if it is, it is great news:D

FlamDrag
Mar 7, 2003, 10:36 AM
Until it's in my hands I won't believe it. Not if SJ himself calls me on the phone and says he personally took it to FedEx. I've been lied to by Apple and seen SO many 'misinformed' users on this forum and others that I'm not even hopeful that this is true.

I'm not saying that it's NOT true, but I'm just not going to get excited anymore.

b-smooth
Mar 7, 2003, 12:20 PM
I called apple as I do about threee times a week to get a hopeful update on the shipping of the powerbooks. The guy told me not one has shipped as of yet or even is in the "in process" stage. I dont' know who you talked to but this guy told me not yet, so who knows?

Moxiemike
Mar 7, 2003, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by mgehman
I just spoke to a rep at the online apple store. I gave him my OOB date of 3/28. I also told him I must be away for the 2 weeks starting 3/17 and that I would have no one to accept the package. He told me the 17's are already shipping and that the latest I would get it is 3/28, but probably before. I hope this is true, if it is, it is great news:D

I'll gladly accept delivery of you 17" Albook if you must be away. :)

mgehman
Mar 7, 2003, 01:51 PM
Hmmmm, let me think about that for a second....ah no:p

Moxiemike
Mar 7, 2003, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by mgehman
Hmmmm, let me think about that for a second....ah no:p

ah well. worth a shot, eh?