PDA

View Full Version : FS/T: PBG4 800mhz & 867mhz Tibooks, Airports, PBG3 300mhz x2, PB500 PPC, Parts

Cross
Jul 16, 2006, 11:14 AM
Ok I have quite a few good parts that I have as spares for my other laptops, extra stuff and good Powerbooks I am looking to get rid of before I move from Arizona to Washington. I have the following:

Powerbook G4 1.13ghz (Overclocked of Course) TiBook:
1.45V and 1.13Ghz Speed The about me does not show this but the chip moves have been done on the board ^-^
60gigHD
512Mb PC133
DVD/CDRW
No Dead Pixels Radeon 9000 32MB
Airport Card
Good Paint a few small spots but you have to look for them.
A/C Adaptor White Generic, Just bought less then 2 weeks ago.
Also just ordered a White iBook Keyboard to swap the keys out with for a different look. Thats included as well.

Powerbook G4 800MHZ DVI TiBook: (without airport card) SOLD
I bought this unit for the hinges and the screen as the hinges on my screen were not holding up.
However when I got it I found some problems.
800Mhz DVI (Fully works I will guarn Not DOA but needing chip mentioned in #2 Below)
Good Screen has Keyboard Marks very noticeable (See Info #1 Below)
Has ram but around 160MB if not less 2 Sticks
No HD
DVD/CDRW
No A/C Adaptor (But I have a Never used black one for the unit that can be included)
Airport Card (Being offered Sep now)

1) The screen tests great from Simutek reports, no dead pixels does have the keyboard wear on it, bezel and hinges are great however the ribbon cable needs some atten.

It works however there was a small plastic end on it that plugs in, its not there now, the tech said to replace the whole cable or you can use something non-conductive and small you just have to get it in place and be careful.

I ended up finding a way to fix my other hinge so now I don't need this.

2) I also have a complete and working Powerbook G4 Ti 800MHZ DVI motherboard. It works perfectly and was tested in my 867. It comes with the full bottom bezel which includes everything but the hard drive. (CDRW/DVD, All case parts and an unknown battery that I expect to be bad). However when testing the above screen I did not notice the screen problem before I plugged it into the Board and a small chip on the board was lost. (See thread here it was on my 867 that it was lost I replaced it with the 800's chip and the 867 works fine so this system is completely fine just needs the same chip which can be seen in the Mac hack Section.)
Now this is not a huge concern. I have replaced this chip before on powerbook ti's it an easy repair and I can have it done to this unit. Bad boards on eBay normally have this chip in great condition and go for 15.00-30.00. So for that and the repair cost you have a completely functional Powerbook waiting for HD and Ram. (You must cover the cost of everything though I can just connect you with the shop that did mine.)

CDRW/DVD's I did not check on but the fact that everything is here but the HD and Ram says this unit could be a great Laptop again with just some extra parts and work.

This is really a nice deal for anyone who works on powerbook G4's or is just looking to upgrade there current G4 Powerbook.

It could be a great system or a parts system, either way.

Powerbook G3 Wallstreet 300Mhz: Alone 80.00 with unit below and all extras 115 shipped.
300Mhz Processor
13.3 Screen has a Line through it.
I seem to remember this being a cable issue but I bought a 14.1 Screen of eBay to replace it. It comes with the bezel and all but I did not pay enough atten and it did not come with hinges so after testing that it works with no problems It has just been sitting and my wife uses it with the 13.3.
256MB+ of ram. There is a stick of 256 and I am not sure what the other stick is maybe 64MB.
30Gig HD
CDROM
Modem
Floppy
A/C Adaptor Hockey Puck

This laptop works great, I use XpostFacto 4 to load OS X Tiger. I ran an update to tiger after the 10.4.7 combo update and now its not booting into Tiger so i am got bored and just put Jaguar back on it cause it was easier.

Powerbook G3 Wallstreet 300Mhz: 45.00
300Mhz Processor
12.1" Screen No problems
Modem
2 Batterys (Believed bad)
Unknown ram and I believe the HD is removed but everything else is there
Ran just fine, came with the 13.3 screen I was told it was a 14" and was going to use its hinges... when i found out it was a 13.3 I just used that screen for my wifes. I also bought an extra 300mhz G3 card that was lost in the mail but finally arrived so I switched the 233mhz one with that 300mhz (The G3 is also available and listed below).

This laptop basically needs a HD and some further ram and it could run os X just fine to.

Powerbook Unknown 500Series model thats PowerPC: (Pending to Macefan I believe the user name is)
Seems to be an apple prototype.
I know it has a PowerPC and it had a gray scale screen but I used a screen from a 540c (Parts machine which is included as well) and now it has color however when I switched the HD's I needed to reinstall and do not have a SCSI CDROM for it.
I know the Ram is maxed and I even have an extra Ram module that also is the max size you could get. It works to.

Macintosh Parts, mainly Powerbook items:
Powerbook G3 Wallstreet 233 no Cache Processor Card Guarn. Not DOA 5.00
Powerbook G3 14" Wallstreet Screen, Good to go Guarn. not DOA 45.00
40Gig Laptop HD Guarn. not DOA 40.00
Apple Airport Card Works great not DOA 80.00 (Traded locally for a 1yr .Mac Membership)
Powerbook 500series Ram Stick I believe 48MB I remember it being the Max Available. Guarn. not DOA. 13.00

------------In Trade----------
Powerbook G4 Alumn 15" or 17"
512MB Sticks of SD PC133 for TiBooks
iLife06
SuperDrive for my 867 Ti Book
1Ghz TiBook MB
White iBook Keyboard (I have seen the keys swapped on TiBooks with the white ones I want to do that to my Ti Book)
Lombard Powerbook G3 for my wife must have a DVD Drive Decorder Card not needed
Now my wife wants a Clamshell iBook Prefs Lime but likes them all I will trade the G3 Books and 500PPC for one
Maybe a Video iPod not sure though.

Other items can be offered the weirdest things can interest me.

----Update Pictures----
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h98/CrossGT6/IM000687.jpg
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h98/CrossGT6/IM000686.jpg
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h98/CrossGT6/IM000664.jpg
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h98/CrossGT6/IM000663.jpg
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h98/CrossGT6/IM000662.jpg
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h98/CrossGT6/IM000661.jpg

joshwest
Jul 16, 2006, 12:06 PM
so the 800 mhz is working? full functional just needs HD?

macEfan
Jul 16, 2006, 06:10 PM
interested in that PB 500 series laptop....

so it does turn on, work etc, right?

I have TONS of stuff to trade, and I'll PM you a list so you can see if you need anything...

Cross
Jul 16, 2006, 06:39 PM
Yes and with the other HD it booted to. I have not turned it on sense but I will promise it to be that way.

joshwest
Jul 16, 2006, 07:21 PM
Yes and with the other HD it booted to. I have not turned it on sense but I will promise it to be that way.
what is wrong wiht the power cord situation? i have a hd i could throw in it please send me some pics of the laptop booted to jmwest@mac.com

Cross
Jul 16, 2006, 07:22 PM
One of the powercords hums thats it. (There are two)

Let me work on some pics, I have been under and over a car all day in 106 Degree weather so give me 2 hours to cool down and get back to being me lol.

It comes with the spare 540c and two HD's as well as extra batterys, etc. I just do not warranty them because I have no clue but tons of spare stuff.

Cross
Jul 19, 2006, 02:13 PM
All still here

elfin buddy
Jul 19, 2006, 03:21 PM
I'm interested in the 800MHz TiBook if you could take that 40GB HD you've got and pop it in for me. I'd pay full price for both, plus extra for shipping to Canada.

Could you please give close-up shots of the marks on the screen? Are they serious? Is it physical marking from the keyboard, or just grease marks?

Thanks!

Cross
Jul 19, 2006, 03:24 PM
No its marks from the keyboard and its going to need to be polished to remove them.

But its a clear screen with no dead pixels I could find.

I do not mind bundling the 40Gig with it. No problem.

I will work on photo's now whats your email?

elfin buddy
Jul 19, 2006, 03:34 PM
PMed you...let's communicate through there from now on. :D

Cross
Jul 24, 2006, 09:35 AM
Back after a long weekends worth of work.

SC68Cal
Jul 24, 2006, 12:14 PM
interested in the HD

Cross
Jul 26, 2006, 07:15 PM
Sorry for the delay guys. I have been working on Overclocking the 867 annd I am finished!!!

1.45 Volts and 1.2GHZ!!!

Still up for sale though but I wanted to see if I could do it.

I also sold the airport and 800DVI systems!

Cross
Jul 28, 2006, 10:24 AM
Airport card not sold buyer disappeared *shrug*

Lewis22
Jul 28, 2006, 01:29 PM
what are you looking to get for the powerbook G4 that you still have?

thanks
Dan

Cross
Jul 28, 2006, 01:50 PM
I am actually not sure and was hoping forum members could tell me a good price for it.

Since its not your run of the mill PB G4 I am not sure what to ask for.

Cross
Jul 29, 2006, 09:55 PM
I am lowering the processor to 1.13Ghz and leaving it at 1.45v for now.

At 1.2 the processor has just started giving me problems with staying stable so 1.50v is probably needed and unless I can really change to full copper heatsinks and maybe some better fans its just not a good setup for the powerbook.

Plus 1.13 will give better battery life.

For now I am running it on reduced processor and I just reloaded tiger and reset everything to see if that was the cause.

Either way I am really interested in a Powerbook G4 Alum 1Ghz 15" or a iBook 14" 933Mhz or so. Basically I need a 60gig 5400rpm in the unit or I need to keep my HD.

I will be home tomorrow I took a vacation to the mountains (Hell of a time top find out its the voltage thats causing it suddenly to be unstable... blah). So I will be on more then.

Thanks!!!

Cross
Jul 31, 2006, 10:53 AM
Back from the mountains so back to the updates.

I think I am going to take the system down to 1.13 as the voltage seems a little unstable at 1.2 and would need to go up a notch it seems. (I am going to leave it at 1.45 and 1.13ghz.) I would take it higher but until i figure out a better cooling setup I do not think its a good idea. :D

techound1
Jul 31, 2006, 01:39 PM
What else do you have for wallstreet parts?

macg4
Jul 31, 2006, 11:41 PM
ill take the powerbook 500

macEfan
Aug 1, 2006, 12:17 AM
I've already claimed it:D We've just finished working out a deal... He has to get back to me still.. If I decide not to buy/trade, then I'll let you know

macg4
Aug 1, 2006, 08:14 AM
I've already claimed it:D We've just finished working out a deal... He has to get back to me still.. If I decide not to buy/trade, then I'll let you know
alright cool...btw the way pm on ur wallstreet

Collin973
Aug 1, 2006, 08:18 AM
What's the asking price on the overclocked Tibook? I might be interested if the price is right for me. Please let me know!

--CP

Cross
Aug 1, 2006, 02:26 PM
I am not sure so after using eBay and PB Classifieds I am going to ask 800 shipped for it.

I will leave it with the 60gig so long as I am aloud to transfer the data to my new system.

I am open to offers but its hard to ask a price for something with custom work beyond a keyboard color change (The OC, the extra heatsinks and case changes for better cooling, the voltage changes, etc I have spent 200.00 just in the work I did to make this unit the way it is and that was with me removing everything myself and taking it in bare for the tech to do the soldering professionally).

:D

Cross
Aug 2, 2006, 11:55 AM
Ok the airport is gone locally for a 1 yr .mac membership.

I have been confused with everything going on mainly on the wallstreets as I keep getting pms and I need to remember ppls names lol.

So the wallstreets have action just trying to figure out who is serious and whats going on. bear with me and my ADHD lol.

The G4 is pretty much finished. I will even through in a 1Ghz Tibook Board with it if someone wants it.

Cross
Aug 3, 2006, 12:17 PM
The Powerbook 500 is GONE!!! To MacEfan :D

techound1
Aug 4, 2006, 09:28 AM
How's that ADHD going on the wallstreets, cross? If we're not trading, lmk and I'll repost it.

Cross
Aug 4, 2006, 10:39 AM
As far as I can tell you were first and the only reason I was stopped was because the wife wanted an iBook Clamshell. Well that ended when she became addicted to a yahoo game for windows so now she got a cheapy windows laptop and is happy so the wallstreets are completely mine again.

lol, Fun huh.

Anyway I am still interested but if you have a buyer go for it.

dextertangocci
Aug 4, 2006, 10:56 AM
Sorry for the delay guys. I have been working on Overclocking the 867 annd I am finished!!!

1.45 Volts and 1.2GHZ!!!

Still up for sale though but I wanted to see if I could do it.

I also sold the airport and 800DVI systems!

How do you overclock a processor:confused:

Cross
Aug 4, 2006, 12:08 PM
Change the Bus speed, Multiplier and voltage are the most direct ways. I changes the voltage and the multiplier on the Powerbook.

techound1
Aug 4, 2006, 02:36 PM
Anyway I am still interested but if you have a buyer go for it.

I'd much rather have the wallstreets :D What do we need to do to make this happen?

dextertangocci
Aug 4, 2006, 02:45 PM
Change the Bus speed, Multiplier and voltage are the most direct ways. I changes the voltage and the multiplier on the Powerbook.

How?

Cross
Aug 4, 2006, 02:56 PM
You move chips on the MB that are the size of pen tips basically in detail its board tracing and figuring out where the pinouts are and what the settings are.

dextertangocci
Aug 5, 2006, 08:36 AM
What's the maximum clock speed you can get with, say the dual core 2Ghz Yonah?

Cross
Aug 5, 2006, 09:46 AM
Depends on many things.

Processor design
Motherboard Chipset
freq. Of the board anf if they are locked or not
voltage
multiplier
PSU