PDA

View Full Version : FS: Dual 2 GHz G5 PowerMac + 20" Cinema Display

wrc fan
Jul 16, 2006, 11:52 AM
So I'm moving to France for a year, and I can't really take my G5 with me. Rather than have it sit around collecting dust, I figure I should sell it so someone else can get good use of it, and then I can buy a laptop to take with me.

Here's the specs:
Dual 2GHz PowerPC G5
1.5 GB DDR400 RAM
250GB Serial ATA HD
8x SuperDrive
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 Ultra w/64MB DDR SDRAM
Bluetooth
Brand new keyboard and mouse (never used them cause I already had them)
20" Aluminum Cinema Display - no dead pixels
Apple Care good till 24 Sep 2007

Note: This is the older version, with 2 seperate processors (not the dual core version) and with PCI-X not PCI-E

Price: $2300 + shipping (or pickup if you're in the Los Angeles area)
(to buy a similar speced new one would cost over $2900, so I don't think the price is too high, though I haven't done any research to see what they are going for used)

craigatkinson
Jul 16, 2006, 02:30 PM
edit: Sorry, I didn't see the display. As long as the display comes with it you may get that out of it.

So I'm moving to France for a year, and I can't really take my G5 with me. Rather than have it sit around collecting dust, I figure I should sell it so someone else can get good use of it, and then I can buy a laptop to take with me.

Here's the specs:
Dual 2GHz PowerPC G5
1.5 GB DDR400 RAM
250GB Serial ATA HD
8x SuperDrive
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 Ultra w/64MB DDR SDRAM
Bluetooth
Brand new keyboard and mouse (never used them cause I already had them)
20" Aluminum Cinema Display - no dead pixels
Apple Care good till 24 Sep 2007

Note: This is the older version, with 2 seperate processors (not the dual core version) and with PCI-X not PCI-E

Price: $2300 + shipping (or pickup if you're in the Los Angeles area)
(to buy a similar speced new one would cost over $2900, so I don't think the price is too high, though I haven't done any research to see what they are going for used)

craigatkinson
Jul 16, 2006, 02:35 PM
Would you be willing to sell the display seperately?

wrc fan
Jul 16, 2006, 02:38 PM
Like I said in the post buying it new would cost over $2900. I don't think a savings of $600 seems that unreasonable. I know the G5s are going to be gone soon. But if someone still uses Photoshop or other apps not yet ported to Intel it will continue to be a perfectly fine system for many years to come. But I'm not desperate enough to sell it at any price just because there's rumors of the Mac Pro coming soon.

wrc fan
Jul 16, 2006, 02:45 PM
Would you be willing to sell the display seperately?
I would only sell it seperately if the G5 was bought by itself first. Someone already PMed me about it, and as I stated to him, I would still be able to use the display without the G5, but I would not be able to use the G5 without a display. So it's only for sale if the G5 sells.