Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nukiduz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 23, 2006
hello there. i want to make a movie database of my dvds and divx movies and i don't know an elegant and easy way to do it. i'm trying excel but it isn't very eye-catching. do you know any program that could do this? thanks!

nadyne

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2004
Mountain View, CA USA
motherduce said:
Delicious Library IS cool, and for what it does, very reasonable priced. Especially if you have a webcam, do the DL.

I got a cheap barcode reader off of eBay to use with Delicious Library. I've found it to be faster than the webcam for getting stuff into it. My library is pretty big, so speed is important. :)

ckeck

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2005
Texas
These two programs are awesome...gonna buy one of these two today...but which?? Input guys...input...

Delicious Library or DVDpedia?? :confused:

nukiduz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 23, 2006
thanks guys. dvdmedia was exactly what i was looking for. it's hard for me to know what movies i have because they are 200+ and they are all together in a big wallet, that's the point about these apps :)

live4ever

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2003
ckeck said:
These two programs are awesome...gonna buy one of these two today...but which?? Input guys...input...

Delicious Library or DVDpedia?? :confused:

A few weeks ago I work have suggested DVDPedia full on - $18 compared to $45 for Delicious Library - but DL is on sale for $20 now, so I would suggest trying both out for a while before deciding.

spriter

macrumors 65816
May 13, 2004
Jeesh I never knew of either of these programs. Here's me with a mundane Excel list... :eek:

apunkrockmonk

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2005
Rochester, NY
It does actually sound like a cool concept but I think I'd have trouble dropping that much on a program I'd essentially be fine without.

How long does the sale on DL last?

Lollypop

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2004
Johannesburg, South Africa
Do either application help catalog ripped content, all my movies have been riped and stored on a harddrive, DL and DVDPedia will help me work with that in a way, but some of the other stuff like my Stargate atlantis DVD, each eppisode was riped individually, will either help me work with that sitution? A exell sheet wil do the job, but my collection of clips and rips is getting just to big and most of it isnt iTunes compatible so im in need of some generic media file manager but with some of the neat features if DL and DVDPedia.

ckeck

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2005
Texas
Bought DL last night and just wanted to say that this program ROCKS! The scan feature though the iSight camera is awesome and works pretty darn good...lots of neat features...and I love the "checked out" feature with your friends/family...

Get it now before the price goes back up! :D

Stratification

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2005
Spokane, WA
Delicious Library is awesome, even at full price. We don't have an iSight, but punching in the ISBN or SKU is plenty fast. Knowing who has that movie you can't find is well worth it (along with all the rest of the fun feaures).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.