PDA

View Full Version : FS: 17" Powerbook 1.5gHz/2GB/80GB Superdrive

craigatkinson
Jul 16, 2006, 10:34 PM
I'm thinking of selling my 17" Powerbook. I just got this laptop on a trade for my 15", it was for my wife, but she has decided she wants the money more than she wants the machine. It comes with a year left on apple care, the original box and all the original manuals, and adapters and such.

Specs:
17" 1.5gHz G4 Powerbook.
2 GB Ram.
80 GB harddrive.
Superdrive.
128mb vCard.

Also included with the powerbook is:
A brand new, unopened black 2gb ipod nano.
An extra battery.
A wireless microsoft mouse.
A brand new, unopened, marware protection pack. (protects the wrist wrest and the screen.)

I'm asking for $1500 shipped within the U.S., anywhere else will have to be paid by the buyer. Please PM me with offers.

I got this powerbook from agooglanian. He can attest to the intergrity of this item.

http://static.flickr.com/57/191362861_dd455299f1_o.jpg
http://static.flickr.com/57/191362860_9a94b7e896_o.jpg
http://static.flickr.com/45/191362854_a37737701d_o.jpg
http://static.flickr.com/63/191362856_8fbbb9fe5b_o.jpg
http://static.flickr.com/53/191362857_e005c2a08f_o.jpg
http://static.flickr.com/46/191375852_914499cedc.jpg
In this last pictures you'll notice some DVD's in the pictures. I took this for another deal I was attempting and that was part of the deal. If you want the DVD's I could include them in the deal, but I doubt many will want them.

If you have questions ask me. I'll respond promptly.

Obsidian6
Jul 16, 2006, 10:39 PM
yep, that was my baby! glad to see it made it alive :)

i can verify its in very very good working order, and is a fantastic photoshop workhorse.

good luck craig! ( i'm not mad don't worry ;) haha! )

( btw - I can also vouch that Craig is a great great person to deal with. Our trade went so smoothly, I can't say enough good things about it. Don't hesitate to make a deal with him :) )

craigatkinson
Jul 17, 2006, 10:24 AM
$1450.
Come on guys, don't make me give this away! :)

skoker
Jul 17, 2006, 10:27 AM
$1450.
Come on guys, don't make me give this away! :)

I got dibbs if you do :p

Eluon
Jul 17, 2006, 10:45 AM
too bad i am paying off my MBP. I think this is a great buy!!!!

craigatkinson
Jul 17, 2006, 10:47 AM
I'm paying my MBP off as well. Hence the sale. :)
That's in addition to my wife wanting some new furniture for the living room. It's her computer. I would keep it if it were mine.

Obsidian6
Jul 17, 2006, 01:06 PM
nuh uh. if he gives it away, i get it back! haha.

it pains me to see it going for so little :( i payed an enormous amount of money for that setup in 2004 when i bought it.

its a fantastic laptop guys. just promise whoever gets that you take care of it.

or i will track you down ;)

craigatkinson
Jul 17, 2006, 01:13 PM
I forgot to mention that it has a year of apple care left on it.
Also the replacement battery has been used very little. It still has most of it's charge left.

craigatkinson
Jul 17, 2006, 07:18 PM
If anyone is interested purchasing this powerbook with just the extra battery, the new marware protection pack, and everything that would normally come with the powerbook (including the one year left on the applecare protection plan), then I'll let this go for $1300. I'm kinda thinking I might want to keep the nano and the mouse.

craigatkinson
Jul 18, 2006, 08:02 AM
O.K. Here is the last price drop. I really want this thing to move on, but not so badly that I will go lower than this. It's going to sting a little, and if it doesn't get sold today, I'm going to be more than a little weirded out. $1250 for the powerbook, marware protection pack, and the extra battery. I don't know what the hold up is in selling this thing off. If you have any concerns about it please ask me in the forum about them. I'm sure they can all be cleared up, this is an excellent machine at an amazing price, don't pass it up.

crazzyeddie
Jul 18, 2006, 11:43 AM
craigatkinson I'm looking at my financials to see if its possible to get this for my mom... her 15" Titanium is a little small, but I wouldn't hold my breath :-\

craigatkinson
Jul 18, 2006, 11:58 AM
One other thing I forgot to mention, I'm sending the tiger upgrade CD along with this as well. I didn't even think about mentioning that before.

neut
Jul 18, 2006, 12:42 PM
Good luck craig ...

Come on people, he's passing up a PowerMac dual 2.5 for this sell! This is a steal; i'd buy it if i had the cash.

peace | neut

baby duck monge
Jul 18, 2006, 01:06 PM
Good luck craig ...

Come on people, he's passing up a PowerMac dual 2.5 for this sell! This is a steal; i'd buy it if i had the cash.

peace | neut

Seriously. This is a rediculous price for what you're getting! I would buy it if I hadn't just gotten my 15"; anyone looking for a laptop has little excuse not to pick this thing up!

DMPDX
Jul 18, 2006, 01:17 PM
O.K. Here is the last price drop. I really want this thing to move on, but not so badly that I will go lower than this. It's going to sting a little, and if it doesn't get sold today, I'm going to be more than a little weirded out. $1250 for the powerbook, marware protection pack, and the extra battery. I don't know what the hold up is in selling this thing off. If you have any concerns about it please ask me in the forum about them. I'm sure they can all be cleared up, this is an excellent machine at an amazing price, don't pass it up.
$1250.00 Shipped? I may be very interested. Is there anything wrong with the screen, aka pixel anomalies, scuffs, scratches, etc?
-dsm

craigatkinson
Jul 18, 2006, 02:18 PM
There is absolutely nothing wrong with the screen whatsoever. Another member of this forum can attest to this since it used to be his powerbook, Agooglanian. This powerbook is in great shape. And yes that's 1250 shipped.

$1250.00 Shipped? I may be very interested. Is there anything wrong with the screen, aka pixel anomalies, scuffs, scratches, etc?
-dsm

DMPDX
Jul 18, 2006, 02:26 PM
There is absolutely nothing wrong with the screen whatsoever. Another member of this forum can attest to this since it used to be his powerbook, Agooglanian. This powerbook is in great shape. And yes that's 1250 shipped.
Hmm I am definetly concidering this. Let me look at my finances and see if I can do this. And this is rev D or C?

Obsidian6
Jul 18, 2006, 03:20 PM
It is a Rev C i believe, I never figured that out lol.

It was purchased in June 2004.
the screen is perfect, trust me. I used it daily for my photography.

one thing to make mention of, there is a small small ding on the left side of the base ( the power adapter side ) however, it is insignificant, and affects nothing, I have no idea how it took a bump in my "protective case" but it did.

I assure you, and will personally guarantee that it does not affect the performance of this laptop.

and if i had the money i would buy this back from him myself, because that is an insanely low price...

craigatkinson
Jul 18, 2006, 03:39 PM
How would I go about figuring that out?

Hmm I am definetly concidering this. Let me look at my finances and see if I can do this. And this is rev D or C?

ChrisA
Jul 18, 2006, 03:53 PM
$1250 for the powerbook, marware protection pack, and the extra battery.

Not to spoil your thread but here is what me as a buyer is thinking....

I have a little over $1K to spend on a notebook. Do I buy an $1100 Core Dual powered MB or a $1250 G4 PB? The MP sure looks better and is $150 less.

Once Adobe comes out with a Universal version of CS3 the MP look even better.

craigatkinson
Jul 18, 2006, 04:10 PM
If you buy a computer based soley on the processor and the way the case looks then you may end up with a sorry computer. The MB does have a faster processor, but it isn't the work horse that the PB 17" is. Anyone who is interested in running graphics programs like Photoshop and such will shy away from the MB, primarily because of the integrated graphics. The PB 17" is a great machine for those types of applications.

Even after Adobe comes out with the universal version of CS3, the MB will still be a poor computer to run it on. The MBP on the other hand is a different story.

I have a little over $1K to spend on a notebook. Do I buy an $1100 Core Dual powered MB or a $1250 G4 PB? The MP sure looks better and is $150 less.

craigatkinson
Jul 18, 2006, 04:11 PM
If you'd like to discuss this further please take it to the forums and leave it off of my marketplace thread.

craigatkinson
Jul 18, 2006, 07:54 PM
iPod was sold seperately.

craigatkinson
Jul 19, 2006, 03:20 PM
Alas, the 17" Powerbook has been sold. Sorry I had to sell it for so little agooglanian. :(