Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DSchwartz88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 18, 2006
Im planning to get MBP as soon as the merom MBP's come out. Im wondering since im hearing all these reports how do the speakers on the MBP compare to those on the 1.5ghz PB g4. I have the powerbook before the revision so it has the side speakers plus a mid to low level base speaker under the keyboard, and i very much like the sound quality they give. So how will the MBP speakers compare to my G4's?

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Jun 14, 2006
The PowerBook will probably sound better. The sound on my MBP is good (better than my dad's dell lappy), but it's not 'amazing' (the Alienwares are still the best laptop speakers I've heard).

Still, the sound of the speakers is nothing to go by, the speakers in it are good enough for watching Family Guy on the move, or simply wathing some animations off the internet, but not good enough for playing music...

Makosuke

macrumors 604
Aug 15, 2001
The Cool Part of CA, USA
I think most of the major praise has been reserved for the 17" speakers. I'm sure there are better from gamer-oriented laptops, but they're certainly impressive to my ears given the size of the enclosure.

Obsidian6

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2006
Laguna Niguel, CA
i would invest in a nice set of heaphones ;) you won't ever take them off.

my family is now starting to ignore me because they can never get through the wall of sound that is always in my ears :)

( FTR - I personally bought a pair of Sennheiser HD555s, which are basically considered to be entry-level audiophile headphones, not sure what is so entry level about them [ at over $200 list price ] but my Lord do these things sound beautiful! )

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.