PDA

View Full Version : iPod Problems

actingbiz1
Jul 17, 2006, 04:16 PM
Ok I just updated my iPod with the newest iPod update, and my 30Gb video now acts really stupid. Heres what happens in order.
I turn in on and can access my music (freezes on some songs)
Then I try and plug it in to my computer
The DO NOT DISCONNECT message appears but doesnt flash like normally, then the clock on it freezes. It wont show in iTunes nor the desktop.
Then I reset it and it displays the sad ipod icon. Then it fades away and a non-animated monochrome battery with a lightning bolt appears then 5 minutes later it restarts itself then displays that battery icon again.
I unplug it and leave it alone for 30 min and then I can listen to music again.
Is there anyway I can force it to be recognized on my computer? I cant send it in cause my warrenty expired (90, didnt get the apple care... and its only 9 mo. old) and I am NOT going to spend another $300 for a new one.

Thanks!

michaeldmartin
Jul 17, 2006, 04:20 PM
send it in, it has a year warranty... (phone support ends sooner)

EricNau
Jul 17, 2006, 04:21 PM
Have you used iPod updater to restore it? (Keep in mind, all files on your iPod will be erased, so make sure they are all on your computer.) If that doesn't work...

iPods have a 1 year warranty (w/ 90 days phone support). Take it to your closest Apple Store.

ironic23
Jul 17, 2006, 05:09 PM
yeah send it into the nearest Apple Store. what i tend to do is call my customer representative with whom i always purchase my mac stuff. they tend to help you resolve things immediately. good luck!

actingbiz1
Jul 18, 2006, 04:51 PM
Well I found the problem... currupted HDD.
I used the diagnostics menu and the HD tests failed.
Thanks guys!