PDA

View Full Version : Feeler: Black MacBook, 1GB, 80GB HD, Superdrive

Sox
Jul 17, 2006, 04:40 PM
I'm considering selling my Blackbook, purchased at the end of May. It's stock except for the 2x512 RAM upgrade, which was installed at purchase at the South Shore (MA) Apple Store. Haven't bought the Applecare yet, but of course, it's still eligible to add on.

There are no scratches, dings, or dead pixels, but there is some of the much ballyhooed staining on the lid. It doesn't moo, but the soft whine is present when connected to the power adapter for extended periods. Nothing terrible, though.

I was thinking $1500 shipped? I'd could include the iWork '06 (original disks, etc) as well.

*edit* Okay, so that's a bit high, I guess. I don't necessarily know if I want to sell it. I want to upgrade the hard drive, and I'm exploring whether it's easier to sell and buy the upgraded model from Apple, or do it myself on the current machine.

xfiftyfour
Jul 17, 2006, 04:46 PM
hey, i haven't heard much about blackbook staining, but perhaps it might be worth a shot to call applecare and see if they wouldn't replace it for you? i bet if you made a big deal out of the whining and the staining, they may ship you a brand new one, in which case you'd probably have a better time selling it and getting that 1500 asking price.

just a suggestion - i know the person who had my MB before me had some of the infamous issues and called applecare and they sent him a brand new one.

lozion
Jul 19, 2006, 07:51 PM
Hi,
a refurb black macbook goes for 1299$ shipped at apple.com:
http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wo/0.RSLID?mco=485C3A67&nclm=SpecialDeals

I'd be willing to pay 1299$ for yours and the added ram :)
Tell me what you think.

lozion
Jul 20, 2006, 02:41 PM
*edit* Okay, so that's a bit high, I guess. I don't necessarily know if I want to sell it. I want to upgrade the hard drive, and I'm exploring whether it's easier to sell and buy the upgraded model from Apple, or do it myself on the current machine.

Ok, let me know what you decide.
My offer still stands.

Have a nice day,