PDA

View Full Version : iPod podcast timing trouble

EricNau
Jul 17, 2006, 08:42 PM
The timing on my iPod nano while listening to a certain podcast seems to be a few seconds off. For example, the podcast cuts the last several seconds of the podcast off.
...but there are a few exceptions. If I scroll to the last 10 seconds of the podcast on my nano, it finishes perfectly (i.e. the timer runs out when the audio finishes). Also, while listening in iTunes, the timer may end, but the podcast keeps playing until the audio is finished.

Any ideas? Thanks :)

It's a German news podcast, and the last thing they report is the weather, and the last city is the one most important to me, so I'm never able to hear the temperature in München. :(

EricNau
Jul 18, 2006, 03:33 PM
I just checked, and the timer itself on the iPod is accurate. The podcast started at -8:00 and according to my stopwatch, it lasted exactly 8 minutes, but still the last few seconds were cut-off. So instead of being 8:00, it should have been 8:04 to finish the podcast.

:confused:

balamw
Jul 18, 2006, 04:06 PM
I've noticed this happen with many NPR podcasts. Maybe it's a problem with the way the file length is determined for low bitrate MP3 files...

B

EricNau
Jul 19, 2006, 01:32 AM
Is there anything I can do?

Also, why would playing the podcast in full length, or scrolling through to the end while on an iPod make a difference? ...and why wouldn't this problem be in iTunes also? :confused:

Thanks