PDA

View Full Version : has NSView changed

munkees
Jul 17, 2006, 11:47 PM
I am learning Cocoa with Objective-c using the book, I am in chapter 8 which has a Dot View program, it use NSBezier, the book was writen for Mac OS X 10.2 I am using xcode 2.3 on Tiger. When I run the program it does not draw the dot.

Has the x/y start point moved from the bottom left corner?

Just don't under stand why it does not display any Ideas

robbieduncan
Jul 18, 2006, 02:45 AM
Nope. According to the documentation (at file:///Developer/ADC%20Reference%20Library/documentation/Cocoa/Conceptual/CocoaDrawingGuide/index.html on your harddrive under a normal XCode install) the coordinate system is still based from the bottom left.

HiRez
Jul 18, 2006, 10:32 AM
As to why it does not display, posting your drawing code may help. There are a number of things that could cause it not to display (including your drawRect or other drawing method never being called at all).

slooksterPSV
Jul 18, 2006, 11:03 AM
You need to update the view, so let's say the mouse clicked on the view, in the mouseDown method put this at the end:

[self setNeedsDisplay:YES];

Whatever tells NSView to display put:

[viewObject setNeedsDisplay:YES];
if you are calling it from a function outside of NSView.

savar
Jul 18, 2006, 12:47 PM
I am learning Cocoa with Objective-c using the book, I am in chapter 8 which has a Dot View program, it use NSBezier, the book was writen for Mac OS X 10.2 I am using xcode 2.3 on Tiger. When I run the program it does not draw the dot.

Has the x/y start point moved from the bottom left corner?

Just don't under stand why it does not display any Ideas

It is possible to flip the coordinate system.

I suggest you post your code.