PDA

View Full Version : Safari Beta v64 (offtopic)

janey
Mar 7, 2003, 01:50 AM
hmmmm well since:
Originally posted by arn
Please no posts or requests of where to get Safari v64. and since apple didn't kill me, sue me, or harm me in any way yet...*cough* it's on my server along with a ton of other apple stuff i had to sign an NDA for *cough*
i'm not telling you how to get to it though :P

alset
Mar 7, 2003, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by übergeek
hmmmm well since:
and since apple didn't kill me, sue me, or harm me in any way yet...*cough* it's on my server along with a ton of other apple stuff i had to sign an NDA for *cough*
i'm not telling you how to get to it though :P

Now here's a man with COHONES! (sp?)

Dan

janey
Mar 7, 2003, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by alset
Now here's a man with COHONES! (sp?)

Dan
a man eh? i'm a really stupid teenage girl.

ZxCv
Mar 7, 2003, 05:09 AM
...i love www.deepapple.com -- especially their downloads section! *hint hint*

Safari v64 seems a bit faster than v62 and fixes a few problems I had noticed with tabs in v62.

edesignuk
Mar 7, 2003, 05:13 AM
Originally posted by ZxCv
...i love www.deepapple.com -- especially their downloads section! *hint hint*

U da man! ;) Thanks. That saved me some time hunting round for it :D :cool:

evilelvis
Mar 7, 2003, 05:22 AM
Originally posted by MrMacman
I'm sorry if there is something worse than the french it must be french canadians. I hear every year that Canada wants to become english as its language and every year the french canadians say never. Urg.
Don't call CNN stupid? Why are you saying this again. What are you opposed to war or something? CNN shows you Pro-War. Many americans are also anti-war...

Actually the french keep trying to separate to protect their language.

If you wanna see funny ask an American to find Iraq on a map, or better yet ask them to find Canada!:D

shadowfax
Mar 7, 2003, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by evilelvis
If you wanna see funny ask an American to find Iraq on a map, or better yet ask them to find Canada!:D

I am an American who can do both.

you guys are of various nationalities who don't understand categories. (http://forums.macrumors.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=20)

or alternately (http://forums.macrumors.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=46), as it does seem to be turning that way too...

MrMacMan
Mar 7, 2003, 06:18 AM
Actually the french keep trying to separate to protect their language.

Hm... too bad I'l quite good with geography hm...?
Lets see Canada is the border to the north of us execpt to the extreme nw of the North American Continent, which is Alaska.

Iraq is surronded by countries like Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Iran, Jordan, Syria... and uh the country they tried to take over, kuwait.

gerror
Mar 7, 2003, 06:45 AM
Iraq is surronded by countries like Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Iran, Jordan, Syria... and uh the country they tried to take over, kuwait.

During the 1st Gulfwar a (kinda silly) girl in my class asked: Why would Iraq attack Kuwait since it is the capitol of Iraq?

That still crosses my mind sometimes...hilarious!

shadowfax
Mar 7, 2003, 06:48 AM
can we grow up?

this is not how to do things in the news section.

can a mod please delete all of this?

Originally posted by Shadowfax
you guys are of various nationalities who don't understand categories. (http://forums.macrumors.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=20)

or alternately (http://forums.macrumors.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=46), as it does seem to be turning that way too...

rugby
Mar 7, 2003, 07:56 AM
I was just joking about the "Canadien" thing. People get too offended too easily now a days. I'm a US Citizen, I can take people joking about dumb Americans, because I know I'm not one. I've been around the world, I've seen other cultures at work, I've even managed to "blend in" while overseas.

So if you can't laugh at yourselves every once in a while then perhaps you need more help than government subsidized health care can provide.

;)

macmax
Mar 7, 2003, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by rickvanr
Canadien is the french spelling and as an english CANADIAN i find it offensive... you cant call Canadian's stupid either... Watch CNN and then rethink who you're calling stupid

I am backing you up!!!!
CNN is a propaganda channel

rickvanr
Mar 7, 2003, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by cnladd
He did. As mentioned in a previous post, that's the French spelling.

this is an english forum though, isn't it?

MacBandit
Mar 7, 2003, 11:14 AM
this is an english forum though, isn't it?

Sit down and think about were all the words in the English language came from. A large portion of them are french, spanish, latin and derived.

Oh, and as far as I can tell there is no requirement to speak english. It's just the predominant language and if you want answers to your posts it's the most likely to get them.

rickvanr
Mar 7, 2003, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by MacBandit
Sit down and think about were all the words in the English language came from. A large portion of them are french, spanish, latin and derived.

bottom line is the spelling is wrong.... its like saying "the quick brown renard jumps over the lazy chien " its french spelling in an english sentence, period. Just because words are derived from a different language doesn't means that the spelling is correct.

edenwaith
Mar 7, 2003, 12:50 PM
Canadien is the french spelling and as an english CANADIAN i find it offensive... you cant call Canadian's stupid either... Watch CNN and then rethink who you're calling stupid

A new spelling for stupid: B-U-S-H.

Bad warmonger! Bad! Bad!

Back to Safari...well, I'm not going to bother asking about where to get v.64. Because I have v. 65! How? Well, just don't sleep for awhile, and the numbers will start blurring a lot, and after the sleep depravation really kicks in, you'll begin to believe close to anything...I don't see dead people...I see tabs! Oooh, pretty tabs. Need sleep.

edenwaith
Mar 7, 2003, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by MacBandit
Sit down and think about were all the words in the English language came from.

Ah....Japanese?

Oh, and as far as I can tell there is no requirement to speak english. It's just the predominant language and if you want answers to your posts it's the most likely to get them.

Wrong! Speak English or listen to Humble Pie! Or, wait...that's not how it goes....Speak English or listen to Britney Spears! Hmmmm...closer. Speak English or use Windows! Now, THAT'S a threat.

Still need sleep.

rugby
Mar 7, 2003, 01:06 PM
bottom line is the spelling is wrong.... its like saying "the quick brown renard jumps over the lazy chien " its french spelling in an english sentence, period. Just because words are derived from a different language doesn't means that the spelling is correct.

Or it just could possibly be a joke that's a bit over your head.:rolleyes:

edenwaith
Mar 7, 2003, 01:19 PM

Iraq: To the west of Iran, and north of Kuwait, Saudi, and a little odd shaped of disputed land. Also the place of the Fertile Crescent, the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers, and the ancient city of Ur. Holy Spam, all of those years of school briefly paid off for something.

Canada: That extremely large (and fairly empty) country directly north of my state. And it's been that way for, like...years! (okay, countries don't just up and move that often).

edenwaith
Mar 7, 2003, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by gerror
During the 1st Gulfwar a (kinda silly) girl in my class asked: Why would Iraq attack Kuwait since it is the capitol of Iraq?

Man, when the people in Baghdad find out, they are going to be pi$$ed!

Sort of like if Canada moved its capital to Detroit.

jettredmont
Mar 7, 2003, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by edenwaith
Iraq: To the west of Iran, and north of Kuwait, Saudi, and a little odd shaped of disputed land. Also the place of the Fertile Crescent, the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers, and the ancient city of Ur. Holy Spam, all of those years of school briefly paid off for something.

Canada: That extremely large (and fairly empty) country directly north of my state. And it's been that way for, like...years! (okay, countries don't just up and move that often).

Dude, come on. We all know Iraq is the one that sticks out in the CNN map of the Middle East (which hell if I know where that is ... somewhere between the Near East and the Far East) and Canada is where the French are seceding from the Brits, and I'm all for that 'cause that's what we did and look at us now!

Doctor Q
Mar 7, 2003, 02:05 PM
The off-topic discussion of Canadien vs. Canadian is very humourous. Oops I mean humorous.

Does anyone remember a Saturday Night Live skit where, if I remember right, Nora Dunn played Jeane Kirkpatrick, former US ambassador to the United Nations? In the skit, Kirkpatrick was on Family Feud and had to guess the answers that teenagers gave to survey questions about geography. She kept giving the right geography answer, which made her lose because that wasn't the answer teens gave.

bigjohn
Mar 7, 2003, 02:19 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Doctor Q
[B]The off-topic discussion of Canadien vs. Canadian is very humourous. Oops I mean humorous.

Easy, the Canadiens were recently thumped by the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim. That's right, even some NHL smack has reached the 4th page of the safari thread.