PDA

View Full Version : Playing mix CD's on Ipods without silent gaps in them

jimbobyorks
Jul 18, 2006, 05:44 PM
Am new to the forum so this may have been asked before but is there anyway of playing cd albums that are Dj mixed so there are no gaps. Whether there is a way round it in Itunes or use a program to rip them to MP3 format as one continuous track instead of seperate tracks.

Cheers

Sesshi
Jul 18, 2006, 05:50 PM
Select all tracks in a CD by Apple-A.
From Advanced menu, select "Join CD tracks".
Rip.

jimbobyorks
Jul 18, 2006, 06:09 PM
so when updating to ipod they should work without gaps but still with the track marks? all new to me this ipod lark.

Yvan256
Jul 18, 2006, 08:56 PM
so when updating to ipod they should work without gaps but still with the track marks? all new to me this ipod lark.

They'll be ripped as a single track. There won't be track marks. It bugs me because some Jean Michel Jarre albums are gapless too.

I've sent this suggestion to Apple a number of times: rip as single file but keep tracks info inside the file like the start/end tags. After that, a simple iPod firmware update should do the trick.

Sesshi
Jul 19, 2006, 07:50 AM
You can rebuild tracks with the Chapter tool. Do a search and you should be able to find it. Never really bothers me since I'd say 90% of the stuff I listen to is gapped anyway but when there is the odd concept album or whatever I want to have gapless it is a hassle I could do without.