Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kishba

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2001
Michigan
well they've always been... i used to be too... now i dont watch techtv or the screensavers

i've seen the light, they haven't and they make poor attempts to even recognize the mac. leo tries but then they always make it look bad somehow--either by saying the mac is too expensive, etc

i wish they would get a clue

krossfyter

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2002
secret city
what makes you think that?
I always hear them give the mac the respect its due...sometimes they joke around but i know its just a joke. Leo always puts his two cents in for the mac platform. Megan usally always speaks out about the power, stability and simplicity of OS X and gives tips and such about it. I believe Leo has near him an iBook and on the other side it looks like a powerbook G4 with the apple logo covered by a screensavers paper...for obvious cost resons. To my knowledge they so far have been open minded about all platforms...but yeah they could talk more about the truth of the advantages of the mac platfrom.

dig it!

kishba

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2001
Michigan
tss is much better about the mac issue now because os x is based on bsd

but the rest of techtv enjoys mocking the mac (when i watched it at least)

during a keynote one of their stupid blabbermouths talked over the keynote saying the photoshop tests were rigged and the mac might have more memory or scsi when, if they had been listening, they would have heard steve say it was a fair game (well maybe the mac did have an advantage)

i lost all respect for techtv and wont go back

macrumors is fun enough for me :)

Spock

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 6, 2002
Vulcan
The Screensaver's stinks without Kate. And what's with the weird dude hosting Call for Help? he slam's Apple all the time. TechTV needs a All Mac Show.

Screamingbeaver

macrumors member
Aug 31, 2001
St. Paul, MN
All Mac TV...Now that would be cool!

Don't get me wrong I love The Screen Savers and TechTV I've been additcted ever since I got DirecTV six months ago, However, I find myself watchin' it less often because they don't really talk much Mac and they'll have a caller with a question or have some that wants to know What kind of machine to get/build to do video editing or burn DVDs they hardly ever say, "ya know, you may want to consider using a Mac."

What I do is TiVo it everyday and scan through to the interesting parts.

Let start our own MacTV Television Network. We could do it. There are Millions of us mac users that would eat that sh*t up. Maybe we'd have to start with a web only deal and then expand. I'm game. C'mon who's with me?!

'Beaver

krossfyter

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2002
secret city
Originally posted by kishba
tss is much better about the mac issue now because os x is based on bsd

but the rest of techtv enjoys mocking the mac (when i watched it at least)

during a keynote one of their stupid blabbermouths talked over the keynote saying the photoshop tests were rigged and the mac might have more memory or scsi when, if they had been listening, they would have heard steve say it was a fair game (well maybe the mac did have an advantage)

i lost all respect for techtv and wont go back

macrumors is fun enough for me :)

i think this was silcon spin that you were watching not the screen savers...yeah same station but different show. the dude who hosts silcon spin is so anti mac it makes me sick. but i have heard him diss other computer companies. but yeah this guy on silicon spin takes the cake on tech tv.

krossfyter

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2002
secret city
Spock started this post by saying it was tech tv that was anti apple then in the message it refered to the screen savers "going anti apple"...

screen savers savers to me seems to be pretty fair to all platforms. the rest of tech tv i cant say much for....cause all else that i have watched is silicon spin, call for help (because chris is so goofy its kinds entertaining) and extended play. the guy on silicon spin is hard on the mac for sure. he is not joking either in contrast with some of the peeps on the screensavers . leo is the only one on thier that seems to know what is really up with the mac. so we need to clarify before we make some generalization regardless if it is just opinion or it is truth.... i much rather believe they are anti mac then for mac ..because well that just seems logical...but from what i have seen on the screen savers it leads me to believe that they do welcome the mac...they may not give it much attention but thats because most of the viewers are pc oriented...directly parrallel to, i believe, the market share dominated by the pc.

i could be wrong but thats what i think for now. i welcome all corretions to my view.

so yeah lets get this possible mac oriented show rocking... i actually thought about that the other day when watching "Call for Help" noticing that it is mainly a pc only show and feeling DEPRIVED.

krossfyter

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2002
secret city
hey me again...sorry... i have lots to say about this crap...

ummm actually most recently when i was watching "call for help" ..the host, Chris, was doing demonstrations in which he had to use drivers for the xp.... and i have noticed that they were having " pc windows" problems that could have been easily avoided on the mac os. i laughed and spit all over my kitty cat. she wasnt too happy about that.

krossfyter

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2002
secret city
seems like im the only one posting here....oh well.

they just knocked the firewall for the xp and gave a big thumbs up to the firewall on OS X, on the screensavers.

not too bad aye!

Taft

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2002
Chicago
Leo

He seems to be the only main host on TechTV that gives the mac props. They do have a few other support staff people that seem to be keen on Macs. That Megan girl on SS comes to mind and there is another guy (kinda skinny, taller, with blondish hair--Not very helpful, I know) who is a huge Mac supporter. He always brings up the Mac in comparisons and things. Problem is he sees the camera once in a blue moon.

But Leo does a pretty good job. He covers the Mac at what I consider to be a socially acceptable level. Any more and he'd hear screams of protest, any less and he'd...well...hear screams of protest, except from a smaller percentage of the population. And since OS X came out nearly everything he says about the Mac is positive. I remember him showing off his iBook in a review of another product for seemingly no reason other than he was proud of it. That was pretty positive. :)

John Dvorak on Silicon Spin is an ass. I often like the subjects he has on his show, but I rarely agree with his viewpoints or methods of expressing them. In general, but especially in regards to Apple. He is most definitely anti-Apple. He has predicted their death and the failure of most Mac products and considers just about all things Apple sub-par on quality. He has poo-poo-ed iPhoto, the iPod, Job's keynotes...everything.

I really don't care for him. Blah. I think we need a gagging emoticon. Maybe one with a finger down its throat or something...

Matthew

zuffen

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2001
schedule

Saturday
February 16
(repeat of February 11 show)

'Spawn' creator Todd McFarlane
New hardware accessories solutions out for the Pocket PC 2002 products
Download Desktop Valentine Lights
Demo of the Apple Power Mac G4
Top 10 women in tech history

Tell me how it goes since I am boycotting DSS as overpriced .

MattB

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2001
Brett Larsen

Brett is Tech TV's resident Mac junkie. He always reports on MacWorld and has guest spots on the Screen Savers and Tech Live. Maybe they should give him his own Mac show. That would definetly be cool.

krossfyter

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2002
secret city
Ahh its cool Spock. I was just making sure we specify are posts and link them properly.

You got that right Mrtrumbe...

"John Dvorak on Silicon Spin is an ass"

If any of you havent seen this guy on silicon spin then you need to to understand why he is an ass like Mrtrumbe said. Aswell I dig some of the topics on there but the host is very crude toward the mac platform. I don't think this guy really understands preferences in the computer world. Oh well...

jadam

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2002
leo bought his daugther an ibook, and he has an airport network at his house, megan has like 3 tibooks and ibooks and ****

Durandal7

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2001
Re: All Mac TV...Now that would be cool!

Originally posted by Screamingbeaver
Let start our own MacTV Television Network. We could do it. There are Millions of us mac users that would eat that sh*t up. Maybe we'd have to start with a web only deal and then expand. I'm game. C'mon who's with me?!
'Beaver
Perhaps when Quicktime Broadcaster comes out.....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.