PDA

View Full Version : FS: 2.5" 30GB Deskstar HD (working) & Treo 600 (not working)

topgunn
Jul 19, 2006, 10:48 AM
I am selling a 30GB Hitachi Travelstar 2.5" hard drive that was pulled out of a HP laptop with a broken screen. I have been using it for external storage in 2.5" enclosure but I upgraded to a 100GB drive. It is in perfect working condition. $25 shipped.

I also have a Treo 600 cell phone/pda which is not working. The only thing wrong with it as far as I know is that the plug on the bottom of the phone has a piece of the plastic chipped off and one of the metal pins is bent down where I cannot get it. The phone wouldn't charge up since the connector doesn't work. Other than that, I replaced the old battery a month ago with a new high capacity battery. When it stopped taking a charge, I noticed the aforementioned bent pin. I ordered a new Treo 650 since I was due for un upgrade anyway. I called Verizon and they said I could reactivate the phone and have it replaced for $50. I don't know if the same would hold true for someone else but it might be worth looking into. Anyway, I am selling the non-functional Treo for $30 shipped.

DeathToPCs
Jul 19, 2006, 11:02 AM
I will take the Treo 600

topgunn
Jul 19, 2006, 11:29 AM
I don't do dibs. If anyone else wants the Treo, the first one to send payment wins.

More info on the Treo: After doing a hard reset on the phone, the Palm splash screen pops up and asks if I want to delete all the data. I say yes. It then says my battery is almost dead and that it will shutdown in 30 seconds. This confirms what I thought about the plug on the phone.

hellodon
Jul 19, 2006, 11:43 AM
so will the treo only work for verizon?

where do i send payment....

topgunn
Jul 19, 2006, 11:55 AM
so will the treo only work for verizon?

where do i send payment....
I have seen people selling "unlocked" Treo's and other cellphones for that matter that work with any carrier. I am not sure how a phone gets to be unlocked or if it has to be bought this way. For the purposes of this phone, assume that it could only work with Verizon. But, keep in mind that it is being sold with a known defect that would have to be corrected before you can do anything with it.

I will send you a PM with payment info.

topgunn
Jul 19, 2006, 01:24 PM
Treo sold to DeathToPCs

topgunn
Jul 22, 2006, 11:50 PM
Well, I guess DeathToPCs has decided not to buy the Treo so it is back for sale.

SC68Cal
Jul 23, 2006, 01:20 PM
I'll take the hard drive, if you have paypal PM me your address and I'll send the money.

DeathToPCs
Aug 2, 2006, 10:40 PM
I sent the Payment but never heard anything back from you. I am still interested in the Treo! :)