PDA

View Full Version : Introducing Myself

comrade
Mar 8, 2003, 03:55 PM
Hey all, thought I would give a quick little background setup on myself. I actually had an Apple III a long time ago, and now I'm going back. After my friends switched over to Macs a year ago (Quicksilvers) and then convinced another friend to switch (800 mhz 17" iMacs) I got really curious as to why they ditched PCs. After messing around with them for some time I really started to like OSX and then new Apple designs. I started reading this forum over the past efw months getting accustomed to what people tlak about with Apple and what I would need to know before I made the switch. Well, my new 1 ghz 17" iMac arrived last week and I love it. It has changed the way I view computers. I went out and bought the O'Reily Mac OSX: Missing Manual book to learn about the file structure and get acquainted with the new OS. I really wnat to master it. Glad to be on the other side and I'm sure you will hear a lot from me from here on out. Thanks.

Oh, and a little bit of personal info. I'm 20, a college student, and a Digital Media major. I actually use Flower Power iMacs running OS9 in one of my classes and now I have started to use the labs that have the dual 450 Powermacs running OSX, instead of the PCS. I have a class in Adobe Illustrator and running it in OSX is so much better then Windows.

scem0
Mar 10, 2003, 04:46 PM
There is a 'sticky' thread in the Community discussion for introductions,
just to let you know.

Welcome to MR! I know you are going to love your iMac. ;)

comrade
Mar 11, 2003, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by scem0
There is a 'sticky' thread in the Community discussion for introductions,
just to let you know.

Sorry about that. I never really explored all the sections with the forum before I joined. Oops.. I posted ion the correct place now.Mods, please delete this thread.

scem0
Mar 11, 2003, 01:16 AM
No posting it here was just fine. Don't worry about it. ;)