PDA

View Full Version : iBook and MBP or iBook and iMac?

Caitlyn
Jul 20, 2006, 11:23 AM
Hi guys!
So, I'll spare you guys the details, haha, but I am stuck trying to decide between getting an iMac Intel or a MacBook Pro for my home use computer. What would be the advantages of one over the other? I just really love the fact that a MacBook Pro would be portable yet powerful. And yes, I have this iBook for portability to school and such, but if I want to do extensive work on the couch, I could bring a MBP vs. an iMac. What do you all think? Are too laptops redundant?

Danksi
Jul 20, 2006, 11:36 AM
...if I want to do extensive work on the couch..

I was thinking along the same lines, but I don't think this is really feasible personally. Extensive work requires a more dedicated work station, be it a laptop or desktop.

For my video-editing stuff, compression etc... I've made good use out of Apple Remote Desktop/Chicken of the VNC. Set it going on the iMac in the study, chill out with the family... running VNC on my iBook just to keep an eye on the iMac remotely.

devilot
Jul 20, 2006, 11:37 AM
Are too laptops redundant?I think so. But part of that is because I vastly prefer using desktops. I think they're much more comfortable... If I could, I'd love for my rev. B iMac G5 to be an Intel core duo. :p But either way, I love the iBook+iMac combo. I really do. :o

REDSRT4
Jul 20, 2006, 11:43 AM
Go with the Imac if you do not wanna travel with it!