Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Psycho Therapis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 10, 2005
Amazing, all I want to do is add a simple subtitle to some video - yet it feels the need to lower the volume on the subtitled clip, with it immediately jumping back to full volume as it proceeds onwards. Oh and it feels the need to do it, completely at random. One project it won't do it on, the next it will etc.

Increasing the volume of the effected clip to 150% doesn't help, the change in volume is still a little noticeable.

Is there any solution at all to this annoying bug? I've searched on Google and some sites state that the bug is an iMovie 4 bug... yet I'm using iMovie 6.0.2 here with a brand new project also! :mad:

theBB

macrumors 68020
Jan 3, 2006
I never noticed this bug, but can you try this?

First pick "Advanced -> Extract Audio"
Then add your subtitle.

I hope this works for you.

Psycho Therapis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 10, 2005
theBB said:
I never noticed this bug, but can you try this?

First pick "Advanced -> Extract Audio"
Then add your subtitle.

I hope this works for you.

Yeah that does work, but it takes a while to extract the audio from each clip, so I was hoping for a quicker solution. Oh well, I'll probably use this in conjunction with some creative/small splitting of clips in future projects (if the bug re-occurs in another project).

In order to get around it for now, I ended up having to adjust the volume of each clip, so that they match up as close as possible. It's insane. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.