PDA

View Full Version : Installing Ram iBook

Selenolycus
Jul 20, 2006, 05:37 PM
My RAM I ordered for my iBook 1.42ghz came in today. I'm trying to install it, but I can't seem to get the brackets to snap. I can get it in so it feels pretty secure, but only the bracket on the left side (when viewing from the USB-port side of the iBook) is clicking in place.

Advice?

thewhitehart
Jul 20, 2006, 05:45 PM
My RAM I ordered for my iBook 1.42ghz came in today. I'm trying to install it, but I can't seem to get the brackets to snap. I can get it in so it feels pretty secure, but only the bracket on the left side (when viewing from the USB-port side of the iBook) is clicking in place.

Advice?

Take it out and put it back in again. Try not to bend the brackets too far back, but don't be shy about forcing it in. It is a little tough to get it situated.

Have you screwed the cover on and tried turning it on to see if it recognizes it? If it's not too loose, perhaps it'll work.

Selenolycus
Jul 20, 2006, 06:06 PM
It detected it. I don't like that it's not fully clipped though. If I'm still in my first 90 days will Apple install it for free or help me do it if I visit a retailer or an Apple store?

kyleaa
Jul 21, 2006, 08:05 PM
It detected it. I don't like that it's not fully clipped though. If I'm still in my first 90 days will Apple install it for free or help me do it if I visit a retailer or an Apple store?

I would say most likely not, especially if it's not Apple brand ram.