PDA

View Full Version : iPod + Nike Running Challenges

mackster17
Jul 20, 2006, 05:39 PM
I was thinking of starting some MacRumors running challenges such as fastest times over a certain distance or most miles covered.

If anyone wants to take part, what do you think the best challenges would be? and then maybe PM me with your e-mail address so I can send you the challenge. I was thinking most miles covered over two weeks and also who can get the fastest 5K time.

Ashapalan
Jul 20, 2006, 05:47 PM
good idea. I would take part if i was in any way fit.

Guess i'll see you in 6 months

delhux
Jul 20, 2006, 07:43 PM
http://bestrun.runboard.com/

Sign up at BestRun. There is a small (but growing) community of runners doing various regular challenges.

MattyMac
Jul 20, 2006, 09:52 PM
I'm in if you get something together. Just got notification that my shoes come in on Mon.:D

I'm very out of shape so I will make for some extremely easy competition but it will give me some motiviation!

Let me know!

mackster17
Jul 21, 2006, 04:18 AM
Thanks delhux, that site is just what I was looking for. :)

I think for now I'll sign up for their challenges, but in the future I think it would be cool if we had some forum challenges. Maybe when a few more people get all the kit together!!

EricNau
Jul 21, 2006, 04:23 AM
You could start a MacRumors group on the NIKE+ website, but there is a 50 member limit. :(

"You can invite up to 50 people to compete against each other or complete a goal as a team."

Located under "my runs" > "challenges"

mackster17
Jul 21, 2006, 04:29 AM
Yeah, thats what I was thinking of doing however you have to send the challenge to each individual person, you can't make a MacRumors running group. :(

It would be good though if you could create a group and have people join it.

sketchy
Jul 21, 2006, 09:08 AM
I'm out of shape, but I would like to join or start a nike+ running group. My average mile is around 13 min now. I hope to get to 8 min for a casual pace. I just set up these two challenges:

Going the distance - 100 miles starting 8/1/2006
Going for speed - fastest 3 mile run -- ends 9/1/2006

If you are interested, have the nike+ stuff, and not a seasoned 6 Mile pace runner -- PM me your email address and I will invite you.

BurtonCCC
Jul 22, 2006, 05:17 PM
I can't run anymore because of my legs, but you guys need to do 5K (3.1 miles) and 10K (6.2 miles). And then a half marathon for the big guns. Those are pretty standard distances.

Daniel.