PDA

View Full Version : (Feeler) WTT laptop + desktop and/or monitors

baby duck monge
Jul 20, 2006, 05:41 PM
What I have and what I'm looking for has changed a bit. Please refer to this (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=2652979#post2652979) for my new list (Pops, and I don't know if I can make it open in this window). Thanks!

elfin buddy
Jul 20, 2006, 05:46 PM
Would you be interested trading for a 12" PowerBook instead of a 12" iBook?

ricgnzlzcr
Jul 20, 2006, 05:47 PM
I'll get in contact with you in order to trade a 12 inch powerbook and a Gigabit Powermac G4 if you're interested

baby duck monge
Jul 20, 2006, 06:05 PM
Would you be interested trading for a 12" PowerBook instead of a 12" iBook?

I could potentially be interested in this. What kind of specs are we talking about on your PB?

elfin buddy
Jul 20, 2006, 06:18 PM
I could potentially be interested in this. What kind of specs are we talking about on your PB?

It was bought stock in August 2004 from the online Apple Education Store. I take very good care of my things, and it is in fantastic condition. Never been dropped, bumped, or had liquids spilled on it. Has all feet ;)

But yeah, here are the specs:

1.33 GHz G4 Processor
12" LCD [no dead pixels...had one stuck when when it was new, fixed by massage therapy]
60 GB Hard Drive [new, provided at no cost under AppleCare when the original died a few months ago]
1.25 GB RAM [upgraded from stock with a 1 GB stick]
64 MB VRAM [nVidia GeForce FX Go5200]
Combo Drive
Airport Extreme
Bluetooth [not Bluetooth 2]
Battery at 90% of original charge [after about 370 charge cycles]
Retail version of Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger
Original box, plus all original software
1 Year of AppleCare left

All in all, it's a very solid machine, smaller than most of my university textbooks, and the envy of everyone who sees it :p

NYmacAttack
Jul 20, 2006, 06:23 PM
I have the iBook in my sig if you are interested.

baby duck monge
Jul 20, 2006, 06:26 PM
It was bought stock in August 2004 from the online Apple Education Store. I take very good care of my things, and it is in fantastic condition. Never been dropped, bumped, or had liquids spilled on it. Has all feet ;) ...

So assuming I were interested, what would you want to trade for?

<edit>
To avoid a double-post on my part...

I have the iBook in my sig if you are interested.

Same question as above for you.
</edit>

elfin buddy
Jul 20, 2006, 06:38 PM
So assuming I were interested, what would you want to trade for?

Well, the reason I'm considering the trade is because I've been doing a lot of work lately that's been taxing on screen real estate. 12" was once sufficient for me, but it's becoming more and more of a burden of late. I'm kind of on the fence between upgrading or buying an external screen.

I'm interested in your 15" PowerBook for my 12" plus some cash. That is, of course, as long as yours is in excellent condition and the price is right ;)

baby duck monge
Jul 20, 2006, 06:46 PM
Well, the reason I'm considering the trade is because I've been doing a lot of work lately that's been taxing on screen real estate. 12" was once sufficient for me, but it's becoming more and more of a burden of late. I'm kind of on the fence between upgrading or buying an external screen.

I'm interested in your 15" PowerBook for my 12" plus some cash. That is, of course, as long as yours is in excellent condition and the price is right ;)

I can assure you that my PowerBook is in excellent condition - damn near perfect, in fact. PM with your offer of cash, and also if you might be interested in just buying one of the two monitors I have.

baby duck monge
Jul 21, 2006, 04:16 PM
First, I want to thank everyone who has expressed interest in the things I have been offering. I have not made any decisions yet, and everything is still up for grabs.

I did want to add, however, that the two monitors I listed are officially up for sale. I am still offering them for trade, but I am not also open to selling either or both of them. If you have any desire to pick one or both of them up, PM and we can discuss price (I'm trying to keep most of the particulars out of the thread itself to help make sure things stay as nice and clean as they have up until now).

Again, keep your offers coming and remember that if you can't trade I may sell!

Thanks guys (and gals)!

baby duck monge
Jul 23, 2006, 02:11 PM
So the Viewsonic monitor is up on Craigslist now in case anyone cares to see pictures or anything. The price listed is not the price I am charging folks around here, so don't be discouraged by it!

Here's the link! (http://memphis.craigslist.org/sys/185007606.html)

someguy
Jul 23, 2006, 02:15 PM
Any chance at a straight sale of the mini? If so, PM me with details. :)

baby duck monge
Jul 23, 2006, 02:28 PM
Any chance at a straight sale of the mini? If so, PM me with details. :)

Methinks we talked about this last week ;)

I don't really want to sell the Mini unless I can get something to replace it with since I was going to let my parents use it for the next year or so (or at least until they get a new Mac of their own). They're still using the 500MHz G3 iMac I gave them in '02.

Now if people would buy the monitors or wanted to give me a good price on my laptop (enough that between that and the Mini I could get a laptop and desktop that would serve my purposes), I would be happy to sell. :D

someguy
Jul 23, 2006, 02:29 PM
Methinks we talked about this last week ;)
Well I'll be... :)

Ryan T.
Jul 23, 2006, 03:12 PM
Any interest in a PowerMac G4 for the mini?

GigE G4 tower
1.4Ghz Sonnet upgrade, 2MB L3 cache
1.12 GB RAM PC133
71GB HDD (41 + 30GB)
Pioneer Superdrive
ATI Radeon 9000 Pro 128MB
ATI Radeon 7000 PCI 2nd Video Card
4x USB 2.0 additional ports
2x USB 1.1 additional ports
Airport card (this can be removed)

What kind of offer would you make for this in regards to the mini? I have no need for a monitor.

baby duck monge
Jul 23, 2006, 03:18 PM
Any interest in a PowerMac G4 for the mini?

GigE G4 tower
1.4Ghz Sonnet upgrade, 2MB L3 cache
1.12 GB RAM PC133
71GB HDD (41 + 30GB)
Pioneer Superdrive
ATI Radeon 9000 Pro 128MB
ATI Radeon 7000 PCI 2nd Video Card
4x USB 2.0 additional ports
2x USB 1.1 additional ports
Airport card (this can be removed)

What kind of offer would you make for this in regards to the mini? I have no need for a monitor.

At the moment, the best I could do is offer you a straight trade. I could do something in the way of adding cash if I managed to sell a monitor to someone. I know that's probably not what you want to hear, but cash is at a bit of a premium at the time being. :o

<edit>
Spelling
</edit>

Ryan T.
Jul 23, 2006, 03:26 PM
At the moment, the best I could do is offer you a straight trade. I could do something in the way of addind cash if I managed to sell a monitor to someone. I know that's probably not what you want to hear, but cash is at a bit of a premium at the time being. :o
Still may be interested. Would you need the airport card in my tower or not?

And is that a 5400RPM drive in your mini?

I need to go to softball right now, but PM me what you'd ideally like to do.

baby duck monge
Jul 23, 2006, 11:17 PM
So I have a couple things going on involving the Mac Mini at the moment, but not so much going on with the laptop or monitors. With that in mind, here's what I'm mostly looking for right now:

My Powerbook for a 12" Power/iBook + cash.
The trade of both my monitors for a 20" or 21" monitor (if you're thinking about this at all, please contact me!).
The sale of either or both my monitors.

Above all else I would love to upgrade from two monitors to one larger monitor. If this is done in a trade, great; if it's done my selling what I have and buying another monitor, that's fine too. Tell me what would need to happen to make either of those scenarios feasible.

baby duck monge
Jul 24, 2006, 04:59 PM
The Viewsonic has been sold locally through my Craigslist ad and is no longer available. The Samsung is still up for grabs if you want to buy it, and I would be willing to trade it + cash for a 20" or 21" monitor.

Still taking offers for the Powerbook, and I may be re-opening offers for the Mini (but I would really prefer to trade it than to sell it).

Thanks again, everyone!

baby duck monge
Jul 26, 2006, 08:29 PM
Alright, the people who were talking to me about my Mini have stopped responding to their PMs and everything, so I guess I'm looking to open that back up now if you want to make some more offers. I also haven't heard back from the people who were the most interested in the PowerBook.

So here are the things that I really want now:

1) I want to sell my perfect condition Samsung 172x complete with original packaging and wall mounting bracket. PM if you want to discuss specifics. I have no pics at the moment and my digital camera is on vacation with friends, but I assure you this thing is mint and without dead pixels. If I can work something out with this monitor in the next day or two I will be more generous because there is a deal I will be able to take advantage of on a monitor I'm looking at.

2) I want to trade my Samsung 172x and some cash for a 20" or 21" LCD monitor - preferably Dell, Samsung, Viewsonic, or Gateway (in that order).

3) I want to trade my PowerBook for either a MacBook or a 12" iBook + cash. I will consider trades for a 12" PowerBook + cash, as well. My PowerBook has ~ 2 years of Applecare remaining, and both machines come with all original packaging and software.

4) I want to trade the Mini and the PowerBook for either one of the laptops mentioned above and a G4 or G5 tower (and perhaps some cash, depending on the machines).

5) I want to trade the Mini, the PowerBook, and the Samsung for one of the laptops mentioned above and a G5 iMac.

I think that about covers it, but if you think you're got something I'd like I'm up for talking about it. And if you're one of the people that had an offer in and you're still interested, use this as an opportunity to jumpstart your communications.

Thanks, guys!

P.S. - This is probably my last attempt to make these swaps for a while because I will want some computer stability once law school starts up in three weeks. If you want to do something but can't right now, let me know and we'll see what can be done in a few months.

ricgnzlzcr
Jul 26, 2006, 08:43 PM
I recommend trying out a trade with babyduckmonger. He is very responsive and will reply to any of your concerns in an instant. He also takes very good care of all his items and seems to be a great person to do business with!

baby duck monge
Jul 26, 2006, 10:07 PM
I recommend trying out a trade with babyduckmonger. He is very responsive and will reply to any of your concerns in an instant. He also takes very good care of all his items and seems to be a great person to do business with!

Thanks! I guess I should repost the list of people I have done deals with here for reference:

JGruber
genomez
grenoble
NYmacAttack
atticus1178
4JNA
Bob_Barker

Any and all of those folks should be able to vouch for me so proceed with confidence!

Ryan T.
Jul 26, 2006, 10:41 PM
Hey I know we were talking, didn't mean to ignore you. Just decided there's no real reason to swap right now, since they're basically identical machines, and it would cost me $40 in shipping.

Thanks anyways.

baby duck monge
Jul 26, 2006, 11:22 PM
Hey I know we were talking, didn't mean to ignore you. Just decided there's no real reason to swap right now, since they're basically identical machines, and it would cost me $40 in shipping.

Thanks anyways.

You heard the man - things with the Mini are definitely opened up again (That was the most likely trade for the Mac Mini)!

Thanks for letting me know, Ryan. I'm sure your computer will continue to serve you well (albeit in a large manner), and you can always cannibalize some of those parts for the B&W to make another computer if you want! :)

baby duck monge
Jul 27, 2006, 02:47 PM
<edit>
Never mind about what this post said, as the iBook no longer exists. You may now go back to your regularly scheduled programming.
</edit>

ricgnzlzcr
Jul 27, 2006, 02:58 PM
Nice price on that ibook! Hope you get it!

MinorBidoh
Jul 27, 2006, 08:34 PM
would u swap your powerbook for the imac in my sig? inererstd?

baby duck monge
Jul 27, 2006, 10:15 PM
would u swap your powerbook for the imac in my sig? inererstd?

Could you please PM me the full specs of your machine? I think I know what they are, but it would be good to double-check. As for whether or not I would swap, I would love to (here comes the 'but'), BUT I absolutely have to end up with a laptop when all is said and done.

If someone were interested in trading their iBook for my Mini + monitor then we could get the ball rolling on this.

If anyone wants to trade their iBook (1.33MHz 12" model preferred) for my 1.42MHz Mac Mini with an 80GB HD, 512MB RAM, combo drive, BT/APE, and a Samsung 172x 17" LCD I'm listening. :)

baby duck monge
Jul 31, 2006, 09:56 PM
The Mac Mini/Samsung monitor combo is up for sale at $675 + shipping. I think that's a pretty good deal (it's a nice monitor), but may be willing to negotiate a bit.

If I manage to sell that, I would be looking for an iBook at the price of around $700-$750ish shipped. Please let me know if you're interested in talking about either the iBook or the Mini.

And again, I would be interested in trading the Mini and monitor for a recent 12" iBook. If I can make this happen I can look to swapping my PowerBook for an iMac. Everyone will be a winner! :p