PDA

View Full Version : songs gone

nick96ss
Jul 20, 2006, 07:29 PM
why why why....i haven't used the ipod in a month, today went to load a few songs and it asked me to do an update,i didn't internet access so i said no. after the songs loaded. i saw my whole playlist gone no trace of it anywhere. what did i do ....or not do ?

mad jew
Jul 20, 2006, 10:38 PM
So the songs are gone from the iPod or iTunes? I'm guessing it's the iPod. Does our iPod still have a lot of hard drive space being used (you can check this on the iPod through the About This iPod menu or something similar)? If it does, try resetting your iPod (http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=61705).

Alternatively, is your iPod set to automatically sync with your iTunes library? Do you still have all the tracks in iTunes? :)

nick96ss
Jul 21, 2006, 07:22 AM
no i deleted all songs from my itunes library.....as u guessed i'm a new mac and ipod user damm windows ruined me .....i'll check the hd space and get back to you

nick96ss
Jul 21, 2006, 07:25 AM
the hd says 27.8 gb available

xli_ne
Jul 21, 2006, 11:32 AM
no i deleted all songs from my itunes library.....as u guessed i'm a new mac and ipod user damm windows ruined me .....i'll check the hd space and get back to you

you deleted all your song off of your computer?!?!? :eek: why?

Killyp
Jul 21, 2006, 11:35 AM
As your iPod was probably synced to your computer, deleting all the songs off your computer will also remove them off the iPod.

The idea behind the large iPods (larger than the Nano) is that they mirror your computer's iTunes library.

Phat Elvis
Jul 21, 2006, 12:43 PM
You said you loaded a few songs to iTunes then updated. Are the new songs on the iPod but everything else is gone? If so then the songs are gone because you synced with a smaller library. I don't know if there is a hack to get them back (or if they are gone for good).

If even the new songs don't appear then that is different. I had similar issues with a 30g iPod photo that wouldn't show any songs after it had been in deep sleep - but all the songs would magically (ie, too quickly) reappear when I synced with my iMac. Resets did not work. Advice from someone was to use the older iPod OS and I haven't had a problem since.

nick96ss
Jul 21, 2006, 08:09 PM
i did the reset and no luck ...and yes i did delete my itunes library thats the only thing i can think of .......but it's not that bad,all the songs i had on there were from my cd collection.....so i'll just reload from cd again .....if i paid for them i would be pissed.....thanks for all your responses

mad jew
Jul 21, 2006, 08:52 PM
No worries. If you want to keep your songs exclusively on your iPod then you'll need to turn off automatic syncing with iTunes. There's an option in iTunes Preferences to change the sync process to Manually Manage Songs. This may work out better for you. :)

nick96ss
Jul 22, 2006, 07:45 AM
thanks mad jew, thats what i'm gonna do. sooner or later i'll figure this mac out