PDA

View Full Version : Seriously need help here.

Naruto5367
Jul 20, 2006, 10:10 PM
Ok i do not get any of this.

1. I try to upload a video on to imovie. When i try to upload .avi it doesn't work. I also try mp4 and it doesnt work. I know there is a way to convert it but i do not know. Any links for a free converter?

2. When i upload a video (an episode from a tv show for example) it litteraly takes forever!! Is this normal?

3. Are there any cheap camcorders for $70 that work with mac?

evil_santa
Jul 21, 2006, 05:29 AM
Do you know what format the AVis are in?

Encoding can take a while, it depends on the speed of your machine.

As far as i know any Camcorder with Firewire should work on a mac, but im not aware of any for $70, I think the cheap cameras like this (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000T8BB6/sr=8-4/qid=1153477641/ref=pd_bbs_4/103-0420532-7295014?ie=UTF8) create AVIs or MP4, so you would have to import the footage.

Carl Spackler
Jul 21, 2006, 09:56 AM
When you say "upload" do you mean import? What are you trying to do? Take commericials out of a TV show? You may find the simple editing features in QuicktimePro to be an easier solution.

evil_santa
Jul 21, 2006, 10:17 AM
Yep, I agree with Carl, although QT pro is a bit lumpy to edit with, its very good for bolting sections of video together or removing chunks such as Commercials.

Naruto5367
Jul 21, 2006, 01:58 PM
yeah sorry when i said upload i meant import. it is just for editing things like making AMV's out of tv shows and stuff like that

killr_b
Jul 24, 2006, 07:50 PM
It's taking forever? What kind of computer are you using? would be 1.

.AVI and .Mp4 are highly compressed and muxed. Most exporters can't extract seperate video and audio streams from these formats...
So if you do get it, it may have no sound. Unextractable sound is the biggest problem with what you want to do.

I found that Toast is the most forgiving. In the Video tab bring in your clips. Then export them one at a time to .dv. If you get .dv files with sound this will be no prob.

Grab all your .dv clips and bring 'em into iMovie or FC and there ya go.