Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tenoates

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 7, 2006
What's the best Audio CD burner for osx that can make perfect 1:1 copies?
Something similar to Exact Audio Copy (EAC).

TIA

daze

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2006
San Jose, California
tenoates said:
What's the best Audio CD burner for osx that can make perfect 1:1 copies?
Something similar to Exact Audio Copy (EAC).

TIA
There is nothing available like that for the Mac platform. If you have an Intel based Mac, the best thing would be to dual boot with Win2K or WinXP and run EAC.

tenoates

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 7, 2006
Thanks for the replies. It seems EAC is the only way to go, therefore I'll have to dual boot to XP

Macheath_Messer

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2003
Ringgold, GA
cdparanoia & stuff

daze said:
There is nothing available like that for the Mac platform. If you have an Intel based Mac, the best thing would be to dual boot with Win2K or WinXP and run EAC.

No, there's no EAC for Mac OS X, but there are other things available. Please check out this link for some applications that are helpful for audio extraction:

http://wiki.etree.org/index.php?page=SoftwareYouNeed

Hope this helps!

allan_zip

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2005
Belfast, N. Ireland
I've looked forever for an OSX match for EAC. Best i could recommend is to use xACT to extract aiffs/wavs from cds. It's uses cd paranoia to perform 1:1 extractions and will print a log report after which you can copy and paste into .txt if you need it. I usually just burn in toast after that.

daze

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2006
San Jose, California
allan_zip said:
I've looked forever for an OSX match for EAC. Best i could recommend is to use xACT to extract aiffs/wavs from cds. It's uses cd paranoia to perform 1:1 extractions and will print a log report after which you can copy and paste into .txt if you need it. I usually just burn in toast after that.
You're right, xACT does have the ability to rip CDs. Funny that I never noticed that till you mentioned it now. So thanks for that tip.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
You should be able to use the unix command dd to make a bit-for-bit copy of the CD. Look in the man pages for details (unless some with better *nix knowledge than me can help you). :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.