PDA

View Full Version : FS/FT: iMac G5 (4 Months Old) 1.6Ghz, 768, 250GB

Kardashian
Jul 21, 2006, 07:19 AM
Hey Guys!

Offered this before - but gonna try my lucky again!

Really after a MacBook now for when School starts in September, so my iMac G5 is going!

Its boxed, with all the receipts from Apple, I got it in April (I think, give or take a month).

It has a 1.6Ghz G5 proc, 768MB RAM (will ship with!), 250GB HDD, Combo and BT. (pre-iSight)

Included is they keyboard and Mighty Mouse - or user can have a brand new normal Apple mouse, their choice.

Urm, what else.. it has all the install discs, Tiger, iLife and iWork 06.. urm, think thats it. Anything else, ask and I will let you know.

Price is 500, and this includes shipping to anywhere in the UK - fully insured via Securicor.

I won't post pics yet, but if your serious and not just browsing or being nosey - let me know, and I will fill the thread with pictures.

Come one guys, its a good machine and I REALLY need a Lappy for September! :)

Kardashian
Jul 24, 2006, 10:59 AM
If the price is too high, PLEASE, tell me and make me an offer!

Consider a trade for:

INTEL Mac Mini
PowerBook (15"+, with cash included from my part)
MacBook (Again, cash from my part)

Or make me an offer with something else.

If the price is too high, it can be negotiated, or you could throw in an iPod or something.

I need to reach 630 to get my MacBook, and have 150 set aside so I could budge a bit...

machappymeal
Jul 24, 2006, 12:08 PM
If the price is too high, PLEASE, tell me and make me an offer!

Consider a trade for:

INTEL Mac Mini
PowerBook (15"+, with cash included from my part)
MacBook (Again, cash from my part)

Or make me an offer with something else.

If the price is too high, it can be negotiated, or you could throw in an iPod or something.

I need to reach 630 to get my MacBook, and have 150 set aside so I could budge a bit...

Am quite interested but, correct me if I'm wrong, isn't this model the "A" rev one and therefore can't be only four moths old? Or did you buy this as old stock four months ago?

machappymeal
Jul 24, 2006, 12:13 PM
Looking at the apple history site the 1.6ghz model came out in August 2004 and was discontinued May 2005:eek: . Have you made a mistake with the ghz? Is it really only a 1.6?

Kardashian
Jul 24, 2006, 12:18 PM
Its an Apple Refurb - therefore is still eligible for Apple Care, as well as the standard 12 month warranty.

It has a receipt and everything, from the Apple Store Online.

machappymeal
Jul 24, 2006, 12:58 PM
Its an Apple Refurb - therefore is still eligible for Apple Care, as well as the standard 12 month warranty.

It has a receipt and everything, from the Apple Store Online.

That clears that up then. As it is a rev "A" can you confirm whether it has any loud fan whine? (some the the rev.a ones did). Any dead pixels? Any problems?

I have a white macbook (1.83ghz), combo,512mb ram that I "may" be willing to trade for your imac plus cash. I am UK based so no shipping problems.

Subject to satisfactory answers to the questions and suitable references (ebay?).

Let me know.

Kardashian
Jul 24, 2006, 01:04 PM
No fan noises - other than the obvious noise a fan makes. :confused: But nothing that would warrant a ''My God thats loud...".

As for Pixels, none that I know of, I would give it a proper going over if you were definatley interested - I use a lot of CS2 etc, so I would notice.

As for references, I used to have about 4 eBay accounts, that are now closed (I was underage at the time, all with 95%+ feedback). At the moment, me and my Mum share an account, and I can contact you off that to prove it is me behind the screen name - again, 100% feedback, only been setup 2 months or so, which (should be, if they've all done their feedback) - around 15 there.

As for a MacBook, that sounds brilliant, but how much cash are we talking, 150?

I really would LOVE to complete this transaction, a MacBook for School would be **AWESOME** - plus I would admire you forever, LOL :D

XIII
Jul 24, 2006, 01:06 PM
Chance I might be interested in buying this outright if I can persuade my parents to replace the old PC with it.. I'll let you know.

Kardashian
Jul 24, 2006, 01:08 PM
Chance I might be interested in buying this outright if I can persuade my parents to replace the old PC with it.. I'll let you know.

Oh. My. ...

You would make my da.. no, wee.. no, YEAR!

:D:D:D Persuade, please!

machappymeal
Jul 24, 2006, 01:10 PM
No fan noises - other than the obvious noise a fan makes. :confused: But nothing that would warrant a ''My God thats loud...".

As for Pixels, none that I know of, I would give it a proper going over if you were definatley interested - I use a lot of CS2 etc, so I would notice.

As for references, I used to have about 4 eBay accounts, that are now closed (I was underage at the time, all with 95%+ feedback). At the moment, me and my Mum share an account, and I can contact you off that to prove it is me behind the screen name - again, 100% feedback, only been setup 2 months or so, which (should be, if they've all done their feedback) - around 15 there.

As for a MacBook, that sounds brilliant, but how much cash are we talking, 150?

I really would LOVE to complete this transaction, a MacBook for School would be **AWESOME** - plus I would admire you forever, LOL :D

Sorry, I would want more than 150. I only value your imac at 400 so I would be looking at your imac plus 300 for my macbook. The macbook is spotless and is only 4 weeks old (registered with Apple and it confirms a full 48 weeks warranty left). I purchased it for the bedroom but really don't have time at the moment to use it as I am on shift work plus overtime. So it is just sitting there.

Kardashian
Jul 24, 2006, 01:11 PM
Sorry, I would want more than 150. I only value your imac at 400 so I would be looking at your imac plus 300 for my macbook. The macbook is spotless and is only 4 weeks old (registered with Apple and it confirms a full 48 weeks warranty left). I purchased it for the bedroom but really don't have time at the moment to use it as I am on shift work plus overtime. So it is just sitting there.

I can get my MacBook for 599. I have 150 set aside, as I said originally - 200 tops.

If my iMac is worth 400, I would rather stick it on eBay for that and add 200 and go direct to the Apple Store, have it in my name, and 'brand new'.

Thanks, anyway.

(And before people start calling me a liar regarding the price, its on the Edu store, after claiming VAT back.)

machappymeal
Jul 24, 2006, 01:12 PM
Looks like you may have someone else interested in your imac so good luck with that.

I can recommend the macbook .The screen is superb and it is stunningly fast:D

machappymeal
Jul 24, 2006, 01:13 PM
I can get my MacBook for 599. I have 150 set aside, as I said originally - 200 tops.

If my iMac is worth 400, I would rather stick it on eBay for that and add 200 and go direct to the Apple Store, have it in my name, and 'brand new'.

Thanks, anyway.

(And before people start calling me a liar regarding the price, its on the Edu store, after claiming VAT back.)

no problem. I would buy another one for 599 if I could:eek:

Good luck with your sale.

Kardashian
Jul 24, 2006, 01:14 PM
Looks like you may have someone else interested in your imac so good luck with that.

I can recommend the macbook .The screen is superb and it is stunningly fast:D

Ta :). But knowing my luck it won't be wanted and I will be left MacBook-less for term.

Kardashian
Jul 25, 2006, 08:32 AM
*bump*

Anyone want pictures? Or make me an offer, cash, or iPod and Cash combo, or PowerBook/MB/iMac/Cash trade.

EHUnlucky7x9@ao
Jul 26, 2006, 06:11 PM
How much does this cost in US $? I'm thinking about buying a g4 iMac...but if its only a 200 bux more to get a G5 imac... i'd opt to go w/ a G5....

Let me know what your asking price is for the US.

Kardashian
Jul 26, 2006, 06:33 PM
$1,120 - inc. shipping (roughly)

The iMac is heavy. Shipping alone to the US would be 80-100.

Willis
Jul 26, 2006, 07:41 PM
ach... shame it isnt an iSight G5.

I was going to get one a while back, but no one had any for sale on ebay.

Our G4 is a getting long in the tooth. Might wait till next summer for a new intel mac... should be pretty speedy by then too.

Kardashian
Jul 27, 2006, 05:10 AM
ach... shame it isnt an iSight G5.

I was going to get one a while back, but no one had any for sale on ebay.

Our G4 is a getting long in the tooth. Might wait till next summer for a new intel mac... should be pretty speedy by then too.

The iSight iMacs are still near the price of the Intels, on eBay - as well as Apple refurb.

I could do a deal on mine, if interested.