PDA

View Full Version : hot macbook pro power connector

atad6
Jul 21, 2006, 08:00 PM
i was wondering, how hot is the little magsafe connector on the mac book pro supposed to be. i've heard about issues of them burning so i wanted to make sure of the heat issue. when i touch the sides of it it's pretty hot, hotter than the rest of my machine. is this normal?

taybone
Jul 21, 2006, 08:10 PM
i was wondering, how hot is the little magsafe connector on the mac book pro supposed to be. i've heard about issues of them burning so i wanted to make sure of the heat issue. when i touch the sides of it it's pretty hot, hotter than the rest of my machine. is this normal?

I have a MBP and when I touch the sides of the white connector, it is not NEARLY as hot as the silver aluminum of the notebook. Even if I disconnect it and touch the metal of the connector, it doesnt feel extremely warm...perhaps yours is having a problem. I would take it in to the nearest Apple store. After all, its better to fix a possible issue such as this before you find your connector melted :eek:

nickelbackmac
Jul 21, 2006, 09:46 PM
I don't get it. I bought mine when they first released the 2.16GHZ I have a 17" and it never gets hot, neither does the adapter! :confused:

MACDRIVE
Jul 22, 2006, 06:11 AM
I don't get it. I bought mine when they first released the 2.16GHZ I have a 17" and it never gets hot, neither does the adapter! :confused:

You're a lucky mo-fo. ;)

brikeh
Jul 22, 2006, 07:58 AM
Yeah buying a mbp is a gamble obviously.

generik
Jul 22, 2006, 08:08 AM
Maybe the heat conducted over from the hot alumiunium? :confused: