PDA

View Full Version : Picture of your Bike...[BICYCLES ONLY PLEASE]

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

kemo
Aug 11, 2012, 04:04 PM
here's first of mine:

https://photos-4.dropbox.com/si/2048x1536/OC1XAQkeIrKPW3xCfdjGI6O0m4yVNbf-tVS8-0rqfkE/17937329/1344805200/4199b6d/d7cc3b310f0e4cfb852cb0dcfcbb78cc_7.jpg

And here's the second one:

https://photos-5.dropbox.com/si/xl/mFvLH067n9Oq4i5XSm4IffoJAoHtPb7xEl8L8hrDLak/17937329/1344812400/bb5a6a9/photo.jpeg

sk1wbw
Aug 11, 2012, 04:09 PM
here's first of mine:

Image (https://photos-4.dropbox.com/si/2048x1536/OC1XAQkeIrKPW3xCfdjGI6O0m4yVNbf-tVS8-0rqfkE/17937329/1344805200/4199b6d/d7cc3b310f0e4cfb852cb0dcfcbb78cc_7.jpg)

And here's the second one:

Image (https://photos-1.dropbox.com/si/xl/mFvLH067n9Oq4i5XSm4IffoJAoHtPb7xEl8L8hrDLak/17937329/1344808800/3489319/photo.jpeg)

Dude, how do you fit on that little blue circle? :p

brendu
Aug 11, 2012, 05:16 PM
Specialized Rockhopper.

http://veliki.com.ua/files/store_apendix_big28209_111344.jpg

kemo
Aug 11, 2012, 05:48 PM
Dude, how do you fit on that little blue circle? :p

Ehh, sry?:)

sk1wbw
Aug 11, 2012, 06:26 PM
Specialized Rockhopper.

Image (http://veliki.com.ua/files/store_apendix_big28209_111344.jpg)

I've got a 2011 Rockhopper on layaway right now. Couldn't pass up the offer of a $100 off. Can't wait to get it!

brendu
Aug 11, 2012, 07:20 PM
I've got a 2011 Rockhopper on layaway right now. Couldn't pass up the offer of a $100 off. Can't wait to get it!

It's an awesome bike, super smooth and will ride over anything in its way. I love mine. Enjoy it!

sk1wbw
Aug 12, 2012, 08:17 AM
It's an awesome bike, super smooth and will ride over anything in its way. I love mine. Enjoy it!

Well I had one until someone rear ended it on the bike rack one day. Insurance payment was going to buy one, but it got sucked into an emergency car repair. I got a great deal on a 2011 Rockhopper Expert that I couldn't pass up... :)

avro707
Aug 13, 2012, 08:55 PM
One more photo of my bike:

http://reheatimages.smugmug.com/photos/i-htQv6kz/0/L/i-htQv6kz-L.jpg

Taken after I returned from a ride.

ninn
Aug 13, 2012, 09:01 PM

Birthday present to myself. Time to start getting back in shape

serge2k
Aug 13, 2012, 10:20 PM

Birthday present to myself. Time to start getting back in shape

Where did you get that bike stand? I been trying to find one here in the states, but it seems that its only out in europe.

eternlgladiator
Aug 13, 2012, 10:27 PM

Image (http://reheatimages.smugmug.com/photos/i-htQv6kz/0/L/i-htQv6kz-L.jpg)

Nice bike!

I was hoping to find out it was a six series based on the color job. Still sweet though!

http://www.fohguild.org/forums/attachments/screenshots/204096d1334441190-happy-national-grilled-cheese-sandwich-day-andy_samberg_jimp.gif

avro707
Aug 13, 2012, 11:20 PM
Nice bike!

I was hoping to find out it was a six series based on the color job. Still sweet though!

Image (http://www.fohguild.org/forums/attachments/screenshots/204096d1334441190-happy-national-grilled-cheese-sandwich-day-andy_samberg_jimp.gif)

Give me some dollars and I'll have one of those too. :D Much too expensive for me - I'm still paying off a mortgage.

But I honestly don't think I'd do justice to a 6.9 - I'm not fast enough, and I seem prone to cramping calves at the moment, even despite my stretching and attempts at warming up. I'm thinking it might be a nutrition issue.

Devie
Aug 14, 2012, 03:31 AM

*snip*

Heh... same exact bike as mine.

I love the colour scheme on it. Just wish it had ultregra. It was between this and a Giant for the same price with half Ultegra half 105. Glad I went the Trek but dangit.

eternlgladiator
Aug 14, 2012, 07:00 AM
Give me some dollars and I'll have one of those too. :D Much too expensive for me - I'm still paying off a mortgage.

But I honestly don't think I'd do justice to a 6.9 - I'm not fast enough, and I seem prone to cramping calves at the moment, even despite my stretching and attempts at warming up. I'm thinking it might be a nutrition issue.

It very well could be a nutrition issue. Maybe try hydrating more and also getting some more potassium. Might help a bit.

GoCubsGo
Aug 14, 2012, 07:02 AM
Built this one way back in '98, long since had to give up riding, but rode it down to Cornwall for the eclipse..Came to me in a couple of cardboard boxes...a project that kept me busy after the death of my wife. Freezing cold that winter, but the end result was pleasing!

I love that bike! I found one when I was looking for a new bike and nearly bought it. The repairs were too extensive though. :( It is certainly a classic.

OllyW
Aug 14, 2012, 07:11 AM
Built this up for a mountain biking holiday in Kitzbühel, Austria.

avro707
Aug 14, 2012, 07:25 AM
It very well could be a nutrition issue. Maybe try hydrating more and also getting some more potassium. Might help a bit.

I'm trying potassium - we'll see how that goes. I'm going to try some e-load tomorrow. I've not been using that as I really hate the taste of that stuff. (yuck - so sickly sweet). :( Endura is also pretty nasty stuff too. I didn't go out for a ride this afternoon, I figured I'd rest it and go out tomorrow. I won't go as fast as I normally try to do. I normally try to average 30km/h if I'm not baulked by others and I feel comfortable with average cadence around 80-85rpm. It's been really cold around here too, mostly around 10ºC or less when I get home and go out, that doesn't help a lot.

I stretched out the leg last night quite a bit - when I went to bed I had my foot up on two pillows and the leg fully extended, that helped loosen everything up a lot, so when I woke up this morning I was feeling a lot better. This afternoon it was okay as well - I was rushing about, up and down, kneeling and all sorts of things doing a photo-shoot and no strange sensations.

This is doing one thing well - it's making me pay really close attention to my health. I'm learning a lot!

Apologies to others for the scientific/medical diversion - back to your normal programming! :D

eternlgladiator
Aug 14, 2012, 08:02 AM
I'm trying potassium - we'll see how that goes. I'm going to try some e-load tomorrow. I've not been using that as I really hate the taste of that stuff. (yuck - so sickly sweet). :( Endura is also pretty nasty stuff too. I didn't go out for a ride this afternoon, I figured I'd rest it and go out tomorrow. I won't go as fast as I normally try to do. I normally try to average 30km/h if I'm not baulked by others and I feel comfortable with average cadence around 80-85rpm. It's been really cold around here too, mostly around 10ºC or less when I get home and go out, that doesn't help a lot.

I stretched out the leg last night quite a bit - when I went to bed I had my foot up on two pillows and the leg fully extended, that helped loosen everything up a lot, so when I woke up this morning I was feeling a lot better. This afternoon it was okay as well - I was rushing about, up and down, kneeling and all sorts of things doing a photo-shoot and no strange sensations.

This is doing one thing well - it's making me pay really close attention to my health. I'm learning a lot!

Apologies to others for the scientific/medical diversion - back to your normal programming! :D

Sounds to me like you're doing most everything right. Everybody is different though and there aren't usually cut and dry answers. Being that its so cold are you still wearing shorts are you wearing tights? I find that when I get really cold my legs tighten up and I even get cramps in my feet on longer rides. I'd recommend some leg warmers, tights, or long pants. I know long biking knickers/bibs are pretty expensive so I just use my regular shorts and a pair of under armour base layer cold gear pants over them. They are versatile and since they don't have a pad I can use them elsewhere too if needed.

ninn
Aug 14, 2012, 08:45 AM
Where did you get that bike stand? I been trying to find one here in the states, but it seems that its only out in europe.

I got it from a local store, Arkansas Cycling. Looks like they don't have it on their online store though.

avro707
Aug 14, 2012, 04:54 PM
Sounds to me like you're doing most everything right. Everybody is different though and there aren't usually cut and dry answers. Being that its so cold are you still wearing shorts are you wearing tights? I find that when I get really cold my legs tighten up and I even get cramps in my feet on longer rides. I'd recommend some leg warmers, tights, or long pants. I know long biking knickers/bibs are pretty expensive so I just use my regular shorts and a pair of under armour base layer cold gear pants over them. They are versatile and since they don't have a pad I can use them elsewhere too if needed.

I have been wearing bib-shorts on the warmer (relatively speaking) days, but long ones one the colder ones. Leg warmers are the only things I haven't got yet. Will have a look for some. Thanks.

AlphaDogg
Aug 14, 2012, 09:25 PM
I'm gonna be in the market for new tires soon. The general consensus on bikeforums is to use GP4000S's. Opinions?

eternlgladiator
Aug 14, 2012, 09:33 PM
I'm gonna be in the market for new tires soon. The general consensus on bikeforums is to use GP4000S's. Opinions?

That's the vibe I get everywhere but I put over 1500 miles on my stock bontragers without any pinch flats or otherwise. I've heard great things about gator skins too. Are you racing or just riding?

Xavier
Aug 14, 2012, 09:55 PM
Built this up for a mountain biking holiday in Kitzbühel, Austria.

Looks serious! I would love to get into some more mountain bike riding. The pickings in Ohio are just too slim.

AlphaDogg
Aug 14, 2012, 10:04 PM
That's the vibe I get everywhere but I put over 1500 miles on my stock bontragers without any pinch flats or otherwise. I've heard great things about gator skins too. Are you racing or just riding?

Riding 30+ miles per day. Plus, starting around next March, I wanna start racing. My front tire developed a tear in the sidewall at the ~1000 mile mark. My LBS (for those out of the know, LBS stands for local bike shop) gave me a gatorskin with low mileage on it for FREE. I wanna get rid of the gatorskin on the front and the cheap kenda (something like 27tpi) that I have on the rear and have a matching set. The kenda on the rear is starting to get significantly squared off. I think I should be able to end the season on the kenda and start next season with some nice new tires.

If you're wondering about the whole story on the torn front tire, here (http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php/811110-Is-this-tire-okay?highlight=) you go.

avro707
Aug 14, 2012, 11:55 PM

I had Bontragers before - no issues with them. I have GP4000s now as you've probably noticed from the photo I posted earlier. They seem to be okay. I've been riding a lot in conditions after the big blast last week with debris everywhere, no punctures thank god! :)

Pock
Aug 15, 2012, 04:37 PM
My 5-day-old Defy.

danny_w
Aug 15, 2012, 04:45 PM
My first 2-wheeled conveyance in 33 years and I'm loving it! (That's my son's bike in the background)

Blinded
Aug 15, 2012, 05:06 PM
My 5-day-old Defy.

Very nice.

I just purchased this recently. I was torn between the Defy Composite 1, the Felt Z5 and the Cannondale Synapse Carbon 5. I chose the Cannondale, but all three are great bikes.

avro707
Aug 15, 2012, 06:12 PM
My 5-day-old Defy.

Very nice, like the black bar tape.
Very nice.

I just purchased this recently. I was torn between the Defy Composite 1, the Felt Z5 and the Cannondale Synapse Carbon 5. I chose the Cannondale, but all three are great bikes.

Is that saddle angled up? How do you ride like that? ;) Nice bike.

I went out yesterday and didn't have any troubles. I went pretty fast near the end thanks to the red mist descending (didn't want to get passed by someone else).

Blinded
Aug 15, 2012, 07:16 PM
Is that saddle angled up? How do you ride like that? ;) Nice bike.

Thank you, I'm enjoying it immensely. I believe it's because of where I was standing and how I was holding the camera is what makes the saddle look like it's angled upward, but the saddle is level.

AlphaDogg
Aug 15, 2012, 09:17 PM
I'm waiting for the thread to start on another page (I have my settings at 40 posts per page) to post my bike so people will see it :o

eternlgladiator
Aug 15, 2012, 10:38 PM
I'm waiting for the thread to start on another page (I have my settings at 40 posts per page) to post my bike so people will see it :o

I think most people have theirs set to 25 (default).

AlphaDogg
Aug 15, 2012, 10:43 PM
I think most people have theirs set to 25 (default).

Thanks! :o

http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx1/igesundheit/175e125a.jpg

And something very cool; I set my bike down when it started raining. A friend pointed out that the bike created a "rain shadow" of sorts. So I picked up my bike and snapped this picture.

http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx1/igesundheit/IMG_0562.jpg

Edit: I'm an idiot. The page is only at 20 posts at the moment.

Macman45
Aug 16, 2012, 04:56 AM
I love that bike! I found one when I was looking for a new bike and nearly bought it. The repairs were too extensive though. :( It is certainly a classic.

They are really hard to find now, and with modern unleaded fuels, you also have to have the valves and seats hardened, or the motor will die quickly. I was offered a 750F a while back, but decided that it would be madness to embark on another one...Health etc. If you wanted one that was in good condition, and had the valve work done you would be looking at a fair few bucks. £2000 UK is about right here for the 500FS (like mine)

The 750K is the one to go for if you want a little more power...Not the F...It was slow as. A good example of a K maybe £3000 UK. Go for it, you know you want to...Help at building? No problems..:)

K0BI
Aug 16, 2012, 06:04 AM
My bike

avro707
Aug 16, 2012, 07:58 PM

Aha! :D

Nice bike. :)

cyb204
Aug 21, 2012, 05:38 PM
http://jmhcycles.co.uk/image/cache/data/Trek%202013/trek-1-2-2013-800x800.jpg

just got this last week. Trek 1.2 - my first road bike. Love it. Not my picture.

kaielement
Aug 25, 2012, 02:42 AM
I do lots of bmxing and was looking at this bike. Might get it when I get paid lol...... Only laughing because off the color but I think it looks sick

After I got paid I ended up buying this bike.... I guess you get the idea (I like the color pink) lol...

mattyuk
Aug 25, 2012, 12:27 PM
First road bike! 2013 Trek 1.1

Chuffed, even the ride home on it which was bucketing down with rain :)

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/387137_10151175772565733_1155983372_n.jpg

eeclipse16
Aug 25, 2012, 12:34 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/44e07dd4-0caf-7997.jpg

Avro
Aug 25, 2012, 12:41 PM
I have 3:
A Pashley for City Commuting
A Ridgeback MX3 MTB
and a Brompton Folder

My favourite Bike website is Lovely Bicycle (http://lovelybike.blogspot.co.uk/p/about.html).

mattyuk
Sep 1, 2012, 06:03 PM
Mine from todays ride, about 11 miles.

avro707
Sep 1, 2012, 07:19 PM
just got this last week. Trek 1.2 - my first road bike. Love it. Not my picture.

Nice one! Enjoy it. :)

First road bike! 2013 Trek 1.1

Chuffed, even the ride home on it which was bucketing down with rain :)

Cool - always good to see another Trek, it seems our bikes are a rare breed among the Scotts, Cannondales, Specialized, Colnagos and others. :)

I love my Madone 4.5 just as much, to the point where I'm annoyed if a miss a ride. :D

avro707
Sep 4, 2012, 08:07 AM
One more photo of mine - I promise I won't spam you any more: :D

http://reheatimages.smugmug.com/photos/i-tfqtdgX/0/L/i-tfqtdgX-L.jpg

I am loving it! :cool: It just feels really fast now. :eek:

admjhndly
Sep 4, 2012, 02:58 PM
Trek

mattyuk
Sep 6, 2012, 01:28 PM
Cool - always good to see another Trek, it seems our bikes are a rare breed among the Scotts, Cannondales, Specialized, Colnagos and others. :)

I love my Madone 4.5 just as much, to the point where I'm annoyed if a miss a ride. :D

Thanks man I am loving it. So far ive done (According to MapMyRide) 124.4 miles in about 11 days. Addicted!

Blinded
Sep 6, 2012, 06:11 PM
I went in to one of my lbs to pick up some more shorts, saw this '12 CAAD10 3 on closeout for a great price and decided to try it out.

avro707
Sep 6, 2012, 08:36 PM
Thanks man I am loving it. So far ive done (According to MapMyRide) 124.4 miles in about 11 days. Addicted!

That's pretty good. We are still getting out of winter here, by the time I get home it gets dark fairly soon. So I'm getting limited ability to crank up the greater distances before it gets really dark. But that will soon change. :D

Menel
Sep 6, 2012, 08:47 PM
Nice one! Enjoy it. :)

Trek rare? That are the most widespread brand.

cderalow
Sep 8, 2012, 08:45 PM
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/34919262/Pictures/Bikes/GT_Transeo_3/P9072105.jpg

2012 GT Transeo 3.0 hybrid

About 150 miles on it since buying it mid July

AlphaDogg
Sep 8, 2012, 09:42 PM
Everyone take pictures of the ****ing drive side. Nobody wants to see the left side!

I tore down my bike and cleaned and waxed it today. Sparkling clean. Now I have to be careful to ride it only in dry conditions. I have my hybrid for rain/snow!

When I took off the drive side pedal so I could soak the crank in varsol, the chainring tore my latex glove and gave me some nasty cuts in my hand. Luckily they're in a low movement area (my palm), so they should heal quickly.

lezmace
Sep 9, 2012, 02:06 AM

Menel
Sep 9, 2012, 05:17 AM
356466driveside photo man!
Have your shop ditch the dork disc

:Two thumbs up:!!

AlphaDogg
Sep 9, 2012, 10:27 AM
Do people even pay attention to my posts?

AlphaDogg
Sep 9, 2012, 12:33 PM
One more photo of mine - I promise I won't spam you any more: :D

Image (http://reheatimages.smugmug.com/photos/i-tfqtdgX/0/L/i-tfqtdgX-L.jpg)

I am loving it! :cool: It just feels really fast now. :eek:

That's ****ing hot, but you should trim that periscope. And drive-side pics.:cool:

Menel
Sep 9, 2012, 03:12 PM
Friend turned 50 today, took him on a 96.0 mile loop, through 3 states, out over Signal Mtn, Suck Creek Mtn, and Lookout Mtn with lunch at mile 86 on the Northshore in downtown Chattanooga.

=D

Now for some nerd news.

avro707
Sep 9, 2012, 08:00 PM
Everyone take pictures of the ****ing drive side. Nobody wants to see the left side!

I tore down my bike and cleaned and waxed it today. Sparkling clean. Now I have to be careful to ride it only in dry conditions. I have my hybrid for rain/snow!

When I took off the drive side pedal so I could soak the crank in varsol, the chainring tore my latex glove and gave me some nasty cuts in my hand. Luckily they're in a low movement area (my palm), so they should heal quickly.

Those pedals are always really tight. I did the same thing once - washed the gash immediately with water and put some Betadine antiseptic liquid on it, bandaged it up. Next time will use a pipe on the end of the torque-wrench to keep my hand well away from the chain-ring. The pipe also gives you more leverage.

I pulled my bike apart on the weekend as well and cleaned the whole thing. It is sparkling now. Amazing to see just how much garbage came off the chain, cranks and cassettes. I cleaned all of the cassettes on all the wheels I have. Put the carbon-clinchers back on and used some Rock-and-Roll Gold on the chain and amazingly, still some dirty residue ran off onto the frame. :eek: It's all good now.

I also took the time to adjust the rear-derailleur and get it running really nicely with the carbon-clinchers.

That's ****ing hot, but you should trim that periscope. And drive-side pics.:cool:

Thanks! :) I'm loving it as well. The HED wheels (branded Bontrager) were a very good match to the frame. Happier with those than the Zipp 404s I was initially thinking of getting.

It's going to get a bit hotter with a Fizik Arione saddle (black) coming soon and black bar tape to replace the dirty white stuff. I'm thinking to do something about the stem, but it's not high on the to-do list at the moment. :D I may do a Di2 installation next. The frame is not bad at all. The wheels chopped a huge amount of weight from it. :cool: After that, some Elite Sior carbon/titanium bottle holders might be a desirable purchase just for cool factor. :D

I'll photograph the other side this afternoon if the light holds up enough.

Trek rare? That are the most widespread brand.

Rare in Sydney. :) Everyone must have a bike ending in "O". Pinarello, Cervelo, Colnago! It's the done thing. :D My big boxy Trek bucks the trend. :p

Nice bike! Looks very stealthy in black with black logos.

AlphaDogg
Sep 10, 2012, 04:35 PM
Thanks! :) I'm loving it as well. The HED wheels (branded Bontrager) were a very good match to the frame. Happier with those than the Zipp 404s I was initially thinking of getting.

What about that periscope you have there? Trim your steerer tube.

avro707
Sep 10, 2012, 05:40 PM
It's not that important at the moment. If I decide I want to have the bars higher again, I can adjust it. If I trim it, I don't get that ability.

I actually do need to put a spacer under the stem according to a service bulletin. If I do get the steering tube changed, I'll let the LBS do that.

AlphaDogg
Sep 10, 2012, 07:18 PM
It's not that important at the moment. If I decide I want to have the bars higher again, I can adjust it. If I trim it, I don't get that ability.

I actually do need to put a spacer under the stem according to a service bulletin. If I do get the steering tube changed, I'll let the LBS do that.

If your steerer is cf, then you're running it dangerously. The expander bolt provides extra support for the steerer where the stem clamps on. If you have enough spacers above the stem clamp that it doesn't clamp where the expander bolt is, that can be a problem.

It is best to leave the hacksawing of expensive parts to the professionals, though I cut my alloy steerer myself.

pure3d2
Sep 10, 2012, 09:12 PM
http://f.cl.ly/items/120D2S2d2q270o0b0T0p/x10.jpg

Menel
Sep 11, 2012, 06:56 AM

I actually do need to put a spacer under the stem according to a service bulletin. If I do get the steering tube changed, I'll let the LBS do that.Yes, but you don't need that much. Different manufacturer's reinforce their forks in different ways and have different tech bulletins and recommendations. Trek seems to offer the most conservative recommendations (http://www.trekbikes.com/pdf/carbon_care/10TK_Carbon_Steerer_Info.pdf), not all manufacturer's do, I went with their conservative bulletin necessary or not for my Lynskey/ENVE.
5-40 mm below stem.
5mm above stem.

Also see the post below... as to why you should get rid of the periscope.

You could always get different angled stems in the future. +/- 6deg, 10deg, 12deg and lenghts and you can get height back out if you get old, fat, and your back goes to **** on your or something and you need raise the bars up.

If your steerer is cf, then you're running it dangerously. The expander bolt provides extra support for the steerer where the stem clamps on. If you have enough spacers above the stem clamp that it doesn't clamp where the expander bolt is, that can be a problem.

It is best to leave the hacksawing of expensive parts to the professionals, though I cut my alloy steerer myself.

OllyW
Sep 11, 2012, 07:09 AM
Riding down a rooty mountain track in Kitzbühel, Austria. :)

GoCubsGo
Sep 11, 2012, 07:11 AM
AlphaDogg are you going to lose your **** if people don't post pics the way you want them to? I notice you have two concerns, drive side pics and whether someone has seen your bike. It is ok if people don't post their pics from the drive side. I realize that is the true bike geek porn side and all but it'll be ok. ;)

avro707 I have a buddy who just bought that bike and instead of sawing the stem he just bought a new one after he rode for a week to determine his most comfortable riding position. May be a good idea, keeping the stock stem on the side should you ever decide you want it. That is a very nice bike, congrats on it.

Sep 11, 2012, 08:15 AM
AlphaDogg are you going to lose your **** if people don't post pics the way you want them to? I notice you have two concerns, drive side pics and whether someone has seen your bike. It is ok if people don't post their pics from the drive side. I realize that is the true bike geek porn side and all but it'll be ok. ;)

Agreed... Alphadog needs to take a chill pill. This forum is for everyone

avro707
Sep 11, 2012, 05:31 PM
avro707 I have a buddy who just bought that bike and instead of sawing the stem he just bought a new one after he rode for a week to determine his most comfortable riding position. May be a good idea, keeping the stock stem on the side should you ever decide you want it. That is a very nice bike, congrats on it.

The part in question is alloy, not carbon - so I'll leave it as it is for the moment, I swapped one of the spacers around - it doesn't make that much difference to the fit.

And thanks for the comments - I do love the bike a lot. It's going on nearly 1 year old now. I'm very happy with it. :D I'm now just doing upgrades here and there.

And for a bike that doesn't have the top-line frame (it's a 4.5), it sure does fly with some light wheels on it. When I first put those new wheels on it, I was stunned at how quickly I was going. :D I think the term that came to my mind was a four letter expletive beginning with "F". :p

AlphaDogg
Sep 11, 2012, 10:35 PM
AlphaDoggIt is ok if people don't post their pics from the drive side.

**** NO. Just kidding. I'm just imitating the crazies on bikeforums. BFers on here understand what that's like.

Xavier
Sep 11, 2012, 11:53 PM
Riding a slammed stem is fine. Just get your fit right.

Riding without a topcap is ok with a properly installed stem.

Cutting your steer tube is fine. Why pay the LBS $30 or whatever to do what you could do for free?

Non-Drive side ftw. Speaking of...

http://www.pedalroom.com/p/fiori-amalfi-3975_16.jpg

AlphaDogg
Sep 12, 2012, 12:03 AM
Why pay the LBS $30 or whatever to do what you could do for free?

Everything you said is true. An answer, however, to your question is that most people don't have 32tpi hacksaws and figure it's worth it to pay for the LBS to do a service instead of buying a tool and using it once.

Regarding the non-drive side pic, I will find you and I will kill you. :rolleyes:

angemon89
Sep 12, 2012, 05:49 AM
She isn't the lamborghini of fixies, but I love her.

GoCubsGo
Sep 12, 2012, 06:42 AM
**** NO. Just kidding. I'm just imitating the crazies on bikeforums. BFers on here understand what that's like.

I've lurked quite a bit in the bike forums and didn't notice that much. Not that I don't understand the bike geek porn and such.

avro707
Sep 12, 2012, 06:04 PM
I'm not on those bikeforums (or at least not that one in particular).

And the drive side photo for the bikeforums addicts. :p (apologies for crappy iPhone photo).

Illuminated
Sep 21, 2012, 07:49 PM
http://www.thebikestand.com/RB_2012_Port-Townsend_brown-orange_LG.jpg

Originally purchased a GT Mountain bike at REI, rode a few times, was too big, so exchanged it for the Raleigh Port Townsend. I asked them to take the fenders off, so now it looks way better.

Rides smooth!

Xavier
Sep 24, 2012, 10:50 PM
^ Looks fun!

Here is an update after I cleaned her up a bit:
http://www.pedalroom.com/p/fiori-amalfi-3975_17.jpg

AlphaDogg
Sep 24, 2012, 11:09 PM
^ Looks fun!

Here is an update after I cleaned her up a bit:
Image (http://www.pedalroom.com/p/fiori-amalfi-3975_17.jpg)

Ooh! Old school campy! :megusta:

sampers
Sep 25, 2012, 02:50 PM
http://gp1.pinkbike.org/p4pb8676344/p4pb8676344.jpg

aawil
Sep 30, 2012, 08:23 PM
Giant Seek 2 locked up at the only bike rack in my town. Which is right in front of the police station incidentally.

fr4c
Oct 1, 2012, 02:29 PM
http://imageshack.us/a/img21/1756/54821410101955995596029.jpg

vastoholic
Oct 1, 2012, 10:31 PM
Removed by me to keep motorcycles pics in the motorcycle thread.

AlphaDogg
Oct 2, 2012, 07:03 PM
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3988152/Photo%20Sep%2029%2C%205%2012%2023%20PM.jpg

batmangorden
Oct 3, 2012, 04:32 AM
This monster can go off road and everything!

I'll whoop anybody in a race.😎

slieu92
Oct 8, 2012, 02:29 AM
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8455/8065988574_3c089c0b6c_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/same_lu/8065988574/)
schwinning (http://www.flickr.com/photos/same_lu/8065988574/) by same lu (http://www.flickr.com/people/same_lu/), on Flickr

niuniu
Oct 31, 2012, 09:51 AM
http://www.krissmythe.com/images/stories/stumpjumperoct2012.jpg

Back in the game after 4 years. Was a roadie before but I have easy access to nice off-road areas where I live so jumped ship. Wasn't prepared for the amount of cleaning you need to do though :eek:

TexasChemE
Oct 31, 2012, 10:20 AM
http://www.99bikereviews.com/wp-dir/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Schwinn-prelude.jpeg

A Schwinn Prelude. Gets the job done (ride it to and from class)

herzleid
Oct 31, 2012, 11:04 AM
Folding Bike Nishiki Nautic D5 with internal gear Shimano Nexus.

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/358/img0778d.jpg

monokakata
Oct 31, 2012, 11:29 AM
Here's my classic Italian racer (and I did race it a little, back in the day).

I started building it in 1980, with the Pogliaghi frame. The frame might be one of the last ones Pogliaghi built himself. In any case it was handmade in Italy.

Pretty much full Campy Super Record. Dinged up but still rides beautifully.

Orange Crane
Oct 31, 2012, 11:21 PM
Folding Bike Nishiki Nautic D5 with internal gear Shimano Nexus.
Nice bike, awesome photo! I love the shimano internal gear hub, so much. Just turned over 3000 miles on my nexus 8 and it is frosted buttermilk creamsauce. :cool:

Tommhuy
Nov 3, 2012, 11:27 PM
Specialized S works Langster and Dartmoor Ghetto :)

GanChan
Nov 5, 2012, 07:30 PM
Just got a Giant Simple Seven....

AlphaDogg
Nov 7, 2012, 07:26 PM
New wheels! :D

They're FSA RD-60 wheels and they ride great. Nice and stiff.

http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx1/igesundheit/IMG_1403-1.jpg

http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx1/igesundheit/IMG_1411.jpg

makaveli559m
Nov 17, 2012, 09:44 PM
Here is my bike its a mountain bike Mongoose :D
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d130/makaveli559m/IMG_0176.jpg

Katieg-fm
Nov 18, 2012, 08:53 PM
378246 a bit far away but best pic I have. 50$ from kijiji and every time time I go out, at least one person waves, compliments or honks cause it's just too cute.

Menel
Nov 19, 2012, 07:28 AM
Image (http://gp1.pinkbike.org/p4pb8676344/p4pb8676344.jpg)I'm not a mtn biker, but that saddle angle looks painful.

???

dmax35
Nov 20, 2012, 12:10 PM
My Cannondale Jekyll 700 Lefty

OllyW
Nov 20, 2012, 12:54 PM
Moderator Note:

I've moved the motorcycle photos to an existing Picture Gallery thread.

Can we keep this thread for bicycles and can you please post your Motorcycle and ATV pictures here (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=407072). :)

peeaanuut
Nov 20, 2012, 01:12 PM
My Cannondale Jekyll 700 Lefty

Is that just a stand or a small trainer? If a trainer, how do you like it?

Xavier
Nov 20, 2012, 01:14 PM
Is that just a stand or a small trainer? If a trainer, how do you like it?

That rear is just a stand. Although the front is used with the trainer.

peeaanuut
Nov 20, 2012, 01:31 PM
That rear is just a stand. Although the front is used with the trainer.

ahh ok. I was thinking it was about as minimalist as you could get with a trainer and was thinking thats sort of cool. I have been looking at getting a trainer but didnt want something too bulky.

dmax35
Nov 20, 2012, 01:46 PM
ahh ok. I was thinking it was about as minimalist as you could get with a trainer and was thinking thats sort of cool. I have been looking at getting a trainer but didnt want something too bulky.

I did have a trainer on there at one time, it was a fan type and didn't like it due to being to noisy.

SafariX
Nov 21, 2012, 08:40 PM
My 2013 Madone 7.9 with SRAM red and zipp 404 firecrests.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/19849603/548262_10101335167610233_1612424481_n.jpg

My 2011 Speed Concept 9.9 with Dura-ace and easton ec90tt wheels.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/19849603/522709_10101057645367033_1864440814_n.jpg

Mr.Noisy
Nov 21, 2012, 09:03 PM
Image (http://gp1.pinkbike.org/p4pb8676344/p4pb8676344.jpg)

Thats a serious looking bit of Kit.....If I had a bike i'd want one like this, plus a helmet, lots of pads and good medical insurance, because if I had this, i'd be in A&E in no time, but who cares it looks great ;)

mattyuk
Nov 22, 2012, 02:42 PM
Still loving my Trek

http://distilleryimage11.s3.amazonaws.com/e0b95a1433f311e2b74c22000a9f1427_7.jpg

Biggs88
Nov 23, 2012, 12:48 PM
http://i.imgur.com/GPVDZl.jpg

AlphaDogg
Nov 23, 2012, 01:03 PM
Still loving my Trek

Image (http://distilleryimage11.s3.amazonaws.com/e0b95a1433f311e2b74c22000a9f1427_7.jpg)

Very nice. What kind of mileage have you put on it so far?

----------

Image (http://i.imgur.com/GPVDZl.jpg)

Did you get that from bikesdirect? Looks like excellent bang for the buck

Biggs88
Nov 23, 2012, 01:05 PM
Did you get that from bikesdirect? Looks like excellent bang for the buck

Yes I did.

And it really is GREAT bang for the buck.

AlphaDogg
Nov 23, 2012, 01:14 PM
Yes I did.

And it really is GREAT bang for the buck.

When shopping for my bike, I considered BD. I still have a motobecane from when it was an actual French company. Now it's just a Chinese company that bought the name. 379281

Biggs88
Nov 23, 2012, 01:19 PM
When shopping for my bike, I considered BD. I still have a motobecane from when it was an actual French company. Now it's just a Chinese company that bought the name. 379281

The bikes on BD are from Motobecane USA. It's a U.S. based company. The bikes are built in Taiwan.

AlphaDogg
Nov 23, 2012, 01:21 PM
The bikes on BD are from Motobecane USA. It's a U.S. based company. The bikes are built in Taiwan.

Ok I had the details incorrect, but it isn't the original Made in France bike company that it used to be.

Nov 23, 2012, 01:25 PM
Ok I had the details incorrect, but it isn't the original Made in France bike company that it used to be.

It appears you get a lot of details incorrect.

Its worth reading up on a subject before posting statements like that.

Biggs88
Nov 23, 2012, 01:26 PM

No.

It's not even a "real" bike company in the sense Trek is.

Motobecane is really just the name they apply to the frame. Motobecane works with the bike makers in Taiwan and uses bike frame designs that are already being made for other people. Motobecane just orders the frames that are already being made and has their name thrown on them.

That said, the frames are very nice. Rock solid, beefy and clean welds make it like a tank.

AlphaDogg
Nov 23, 2012, 01:29 PM
It appears you get a lot of details incorrect.

Its worth reading up on a subject before posting statements like that.

What is your problem with me? I simply posted they aren't the same company that they used to be. I had the minor details incorrect, but I admitted I was wrong. There's nothing wrong with the "new" Motobecanes (in fact, they are fantastic bikes), but the company is now just a name. The pedigree is gone.

----------

No.

It's not even a "real" bike company in the sense Trek is.

Motobecane is really just the name they apply to the frame. Motobecane works with the bike makers in Taiwan and uses bike frame designs that are already being made for other people. Motobecane just orders the frames that are already being made and has their name thrown on them.

Giant actually makes a lot of today's bike frames. The Specialized Sirrus is one of the bikes that Giant manufactures. I'm sure my Fuji is made by Giant too.

mattyuk
Nov 24, 2012, 05:28 PM
Very nice. What kind of mileage have you put on it so far?

Since I got it in September (according to Strava) ive done nearly 500.

youngw682eni
Nov 25, 2012, 05:25 PM
Image (http://www.krissmythe.com/images/stories/stumpjumperoct2012.jpg)

Back in the game after 4 years. Was a roadie before but I have easy access to nice off-road areas where I live so jumped ship. Wasn't prepared for the amount of cleaning you need to do though :eek:

Anyone know what bike this is?

peeaanuut
Nov 25, 2012, 05:39 PM
Anyone know what bike this is?

the image name is stump jumper so I am guessing its a Specialized Stump Jumper. Not sure what year/model/etc.

sk1wbw
Dec 26, 2012, 08:14 AM
Rockhopper Expert 29, picked it up the other day.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8217/8294413221_db2e55a42b_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/ctt1wbw/8294413221/)
Specialized! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/ctt1wbw/8294413221/) by ctt1wbw (http://www.flickr.com/people/ctt1wbw/), on Flickr

Mr Pink57
Dec 30, 2012, 05:09 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/mrpink57/Bike/th_a6d7a0b0.jpg (http://smg.beta.photobucket.com/user/mrpink57/media/Bike/a6d7a0b0.jpg.html)
Summer

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/mrpink57/Bike/th_2012-12-29_14-38-26_63_zpsebbb6999.jpg (http://smg.beta.photobucket.com/user/mrpink57/media/Bike/2012-12-29_14-38-26_63_zpsebbb6999.jpg.html)
Winter

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/mrpink57/Bike/th_2012-06-01_19-06-18_466.jpg (http://smg.beta.photobucket.com/user/mrpink57/media/Bike/2012-06-01_19-06-18_466.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/mrpink57/th_d37428f1.jpg (http://smg.beta.photobucket.com/user/mrpink57/media/d37428f1.jpg.html)
Race (sans seatpost bag)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/mrpink57/Bike/th_2012-12-31_15-03-11_479_zpsf2859d44.jpg (http://smg.beta.photobucket.com/user/mrpink57/media/Bike/2012-12-31_15-03-11_479_zpsf2859d44.jpg.html)
Just picked up my warrantied frame from the shop they built it up for free! Have to make a few changes like the seat and the handlebars will be lower. Saved me the hassle of looking for a new race frame for next year.

GermanyChris
Jan 4, 2013, 06:08 PM
Here's the Nago

AlphaDogg
Jan 4, 2013, 06:13 PM
Not my bike. It's being lent to me by my school's college counselor's husband who had it in his basement for a few years. He'll either give it to me or sell it to me for a low price.

It's an early 2000's Merlin Solis. Titanium with carbon fiber seatstays. Compared to my Aluminum Fuji, it's like riding on a cloud. The carbon seatstays just absorb shocks from the road.

http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx1/igesundheit/merlin_zpsc04becfd.jpg

Sodner
Jan 4, 2013, 06:15 PM
Here's one of them.

Orange Crane
Jan 4, 2013, 06:36 PM
Those iPhone photos are never right side up in the preview. :confused:

Xavier
Jan 4, 2013, 06:54 PM
Here's the Nago

So good.

Hindsy
Jan 5, 2013, 12:47 AM
Heres my 2012 Giant Glory. Does quite well when pointed downwards..

GermanyChris
Jan 5, 2013, 07:05 AM
So good.

TY

I have a Legend Ti and a Basso Cross. The Legend is the go to for commuting and cross sorta does it all in another month or so it'll go into the powder coaters to deal with some rust.

phiberglass
Jan 5, 2013, 02:24 PM
http://cl.ly/image/2720470J3i2F/1341937232.jpg

TYMUL
Jan 6, 2013, 04:25 PM
my new Ghost Cross 1300
to service an 11Km each way commute to university

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/19109837/2013-01-05%2012.11.33-2.jpg

vincenz
Jan 17, 2013, 10:55 PM
Itching to get back on the road, too bad it's so cold out...

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/18/hu8avave.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/18/sasa4y7y.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/18/za3u2e5e.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/18/e7ajasem.jpg

Deeps
Jan 18, 2013, 08:49 AM
Cube Agree GTC Pro.

Full carbon bike.

OllyW
Jan 18, 2013, 08:53 AM
My Santa Cruz Heckler on the way home from work today. :)

niuniu
Jan 20, 2013, 06:56 AM
Girlfriend's new steed

Micky Do
Feb 11, 2013, 08:37 PM
A highly practical six speed Chinese cheapie, that I bought new for 3,300 baht (about $US 110) in 2003, plus another $20 for lights and basket. It has been in almost daily use since, for commuting and most other journeys within a 10 - 12 radius of my apartment..... up to 3 - 4 km it is usually quicker than a car and not much slower than a motorcycle.

I have worn out several tyres, and am on to my third chain and sprockets set...... and I don't own a single thread of lycra.

AlphaDogg
Feb 11, 2013, 11:28 PM
I guess I never posted this pic in this thread... So this bike finally became mine as of mid January! Cost me nothing, too! I did it as an exchange of computer help with my school's college counselor's husband.

http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx1/igesundheit/1232F58F-A196-498E-AF85-BFC4AF8396CD-2699-00000164730A6091.jpg

Rides AMAZINGLY. Such a plush ride. Only thing I could ask for is a stiffer bottom bracket.

And here I am riding it (not sure why the flash went off, but I didn't have time to retake it) :
http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx1/igesundheit/725CBEAB-66E4-416B-84CF-6EC46EFCF136-2699-000001646CA3F0C0.jpg

WharfRat1971
Feb 12, 2013, 12:32 AM
http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/3066/img4196id.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/829/img4196id.jpg/)

jafingi
Feb 12, 2013, 04:01 AM
My Scott Spark 20 full suspension carbon fiber:

http://i.imgur.com/sVzFcgv.jpg

I'm SO happy with it! Costed about $5000, but worth every penny.

raymondkerr
Feb 12, 2013, 04:42 AM
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll4/raymondkerr/Bikes/IMG_2746_zps25acd0c5.jpg

GermanyChris
Feb 12, 2013, 03:27 PM
Image (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/829/img4196id.jpg/)

I like Dario's bikes but don't like the head tube

Nice though!

christurbo
Feb 12, 2013, 04:04 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v718/slinkyu2/Litespeed/P1050284copy.jpg

rbrian
Feb 12, 2013, 04:13 PM
Image (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v718/slinkyu2/Litespeed/P1050284copy.jpg)

Ooo, that looks fast! Beautiful bike!

christurbo
Feb 12, 2013, 04:56 PM
Ooo, that looks fast! Beautiful bike!

Its been gathering dust of late!

Orange Crane
Feb 12, 2013, 05:46 PM
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8511/8456856516_1e1ccfa216_c.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8492/8444689007_0c3ac6ea3c_c.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8195/8444464497_f69929d9c7_c.jpg

Olympia, Seattle, Astoria. This weekend, Portland for mini bike winter. Off season?! Nope.

Xavier
Feb 12, 2013, 05:56 PM
Off season?! Nope.

What's an off season? ;)

Looks like a fun ride you have there.

Orange Crane
Feb 12, 2013, 10:43 PM
What's an off season? ;)
Hehehe
Looks like a fun ride you have there.
A nice, well fitting bicycle with a good personality is one of life's profound joys. A beautiful location to ride it is a bonus. :)

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8514/8444969913_849a41d42c_z.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8237/8445059461_51fdee8590_z.jpg

GermanyChris
Feb 13, 2013, 04:39 AM
Image (http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8511/8456856516_1e1ccfa216_c.jpg)

Image (http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8492/8444689007_0c3ac6ea3c_c.jpg)

Image (http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8195/8444464497_f69929d9c7_c.jpg)

Olympia, Seattle, Astoria. This weekend, Portland for mini bike winter. Off season?! Nope.

Nice!

durruti
Feb 17, 2013, 11:16 PM
-please delete

kppolich
Feb 18, 2013, 02:33 PM
Got expensive this weekend. Traded a MBP for the specialized transtition elite with nice bars and then bought my baby (Cervelo P2C) full ultegra setup, carbon crank arms, full carbon bike. Swapped the vision lower and upper bars from the Cervelo with the Profile Designs Ozero base bars and T2+ carbon aero bars. Should lighten up the front end a bit. I like that my 29er and my Tri/TT bike match my vehicle also.
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll208/kpozr2/342EE045-D77B-459E-8FF3-59F80DCBABAF-22360-000004D39C1A133E_zps3b4573e2.jpg
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll208/kpozr2/7574D3A6-1CE0-4064-8035-F6447173B1E1-22360-000004D39DDDCE5C_zps18b189db.jpg
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll208/kpozr2/null.jpg

A.Christopher
Feb 18, 2013, 08:18 PM
I currently have two bikes, and I enjoy the heck out of them equally! :D

2012 Specialized Epic Expert Carbon
2012 Specialized Stumpjumper Expert Carbon

http://www.adamchristopher.net/img/s4/v63/p1108953304-4.jpg (http://www.adamchristopher.net/mtb/e421948d8)

http://www.adamchristopher.net/img/s2/v52/p1024617438-4.jpg (http://www.adamchristopher.net/mtb/e3d126bde)

http://www.adamchristopher.net/img/s1/v56/p1143830898-4.jpg (http://www.adamchristopher.net/mtb/e442d7972)

http://www.adamchristopher.net/img/s2/v52/p1108956156-4.jpg (http://www.adamchristopher.net/mtb/e421953fc)

http://www.adamchristopher.net/img/s4/v69/p1108957544-4.jpg (http://www.adamchristopher.net/mtb/e42195968)

http://www.adamchristopher.net/img/s1/v47/p1108954382-4.jpg (http://www.adamchristopher.net/mtb/e42194d0e)

Orange Crane
Feb 19, 2013, 02:10 PM
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8382/8486566995_9529bb5fa9_c.jpg

diane143
Feb 19, 2013, 02:15 PM
Itching to get back on the road, too bad it's so cold out...
]

There are shoes and clothes to solve that problem! :p

ejb190
Feb 19, 2013, 03:52 PM
There are shoes and clothes to solve that problem! :p

Here it's 20 F with a 20 mph wind gusting to 40. I'll make due with the treadmill today, thank you.

My Bianchi Timberwolf has been hanging in the garage for a couple of years. I need to get the brakes worked over if I start riding again. Other then the frame and the rims, there's not much original left on it. I've done a bunch of upgrades as things wore out. I'd get photos, but I just got warmed back up after being outside doing inspections all day!

diane143
Feb 21, 2013, 01:35 PM
Here it's 20 F with a 20 mph wind gusting to 40. I'll make due with the treadmill today, thank you.

I've done 9 degrees once, and 15-20 pretty regularly. The wind will keep me in though unless I have a specific sport workout planned. I don't even like 20mph winds in the summer, guess I'm not very aerodynamic!

cderalow
Feb 26, 2013, 08:04 AM
My transeo has finally been converted to drop bars:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/34919262/Pictures/Bikes/GT_Transeo_3/drop3.jpg

Micky Do
Feb 26, 2013, 08:33 AM
Hehehe

A nice, well fitting bicycle with a good personality is one of life's profound joys. A beautiful location to ride it is a bonus. :)

Image (http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8514/8444969913_849a41d42c_z.jpg)

Image (http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8237/8445059461_51fdee8590_z.jpg)

I like to see a few proper practical bicycles like these. Like mine, they are for people who cycle to get around day to day.

A lot of this fancy machines made of exotic materials, look fairly specialised. I doubt they get much use use outside of what they are optimised for.

Orange Crane
Feb 27, 2013, 05:06 PM
I like to see a few proper practical bicycles like these. Like mine, they are for people who cycle to get around day to day.
Any photos? :) I love seeing bikes elsewhere around the world.

For something so practical I sure do enjoy it. Whether it be day to day business, recreation or full on vacationing I am hooked on good town and country bicycles. Having a comfortable saddle goes a long way. :eek:
I'm in the process of putting some different, more leaned back handlebars, cork grips and reverse caliper brake levers on the orange one (in the process = waiting on the bars!), for a sort of old time aesthetic more in accordance with the lines of the frame than the existing commuter bars are. And I just put in my order for a beautiful set of waxed canvas panniers from Swift Industries (http://builtbyswift.com/) in Seattle to ease gear hauling on my home roads and while traveling. Definitely while traveling.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8532/8486567751_498db808ba_z.jpg

Micky Do
Feb 27, 2013, 06:17 PM
Any photos? :) I love seeing bikes elsewhere around the world.

For something so practical I sure do enjoy it. Whether it be day to day business, recreation or full on vacationing I am hooked on good town and country bicycles. Having a comfortable saddle goes a long way. :eek:
I'm in the process of putting some different, more leaned back handlebars, cork grips and reverse caliper brake levers on the orange one (in the process = waiting on the bars!), for a sort of old time aesthetic more in accordance with the lines of the frame than the existing commuter bars are. And I just put in my order for a beautiful set of waxed canvas panniers from Swift Industries (http://builtbyswift.com/) in Seattle to ease gear hauling on my home roads and while traveling. Definitely while traveling.

Just the picture below of my current ride, along with a similar one posted earlier in the thread. I have owned or had access to a bicycle of some sort for about fifty years now. They have all been utilitarian machines for getting around day to day, not seldom used but often posed subjects of photos. I don't own a single thread of lycra.

I don't have many photos of other bikes I have owned, but those I have taken are prints taken in pre digital days. They are stashed at home in NZ, 11,000 km from where I have been for the past decade. I was in Japan before that; utility bicycles are big there. Next to the railway station near where I lived in Chiba (just outside Tokyo) there was a three story bike shed where commuters left their bicycles.

I have had this bicycle, a $US 130 Chinese cheapie for 10 years now and use it most days for most trips within a 10 - 12 km radius of where I live.

Blinded
Feb 27, 2013, 07:52 PM
My two Cannondales...

http://i45.tinypic.com/6hqqoh.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/1zf4wer.jpg

Mr. Retrofire
Feb 27, 2013, 08:02 PM
My Santa Cruz Heckler on the way home from work today. :)
Wonderful atmosphere (and picture).

Delorean2006
Feb 27, 2013, 08:19 PM
had a white trek and the pearl starting discoloring so i got this green one for free :D especially love the color and this is the first time i finally took it through the trails

iCube
Feb 27, 2013, 08:47 PM
I love the colors! Sweet mountain bike for sure, these were pics brand new first night at home. I have a raw carbon fiber Trek Madone 5.2 with Ultegra components also. I'll post that also. I love my bicycles for sure, my other passion is motorcycles and some of mine are on http://motorcycling-online.com

Mr. Retrofire
Feb 28, 2013, 04:38 AM
I love the colors!
This color is unreal (the red)! ;-)

Pika
Mar 2, 2013, 07:59 AM
Well.... here's me an my bike...

Who needs brakes anyways.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11334044/raul4.jpg

iCube
Mar 2, 2013, 10:39 AM
Very nice! :D

GermanyChris
Mar 2, 2013, 01:16 PM
I need to find pictures of the Serotta and the Cross bike..they're not as pretty as my 'nago but get ridden more

Menel
Mar 3, 2013, 07:55 PM
24 wind chill this morning.
Snow flurries.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/04/uje7ujaj.jpg

ZmyDust
Mar 5, 2013, 12:13 AM
Singletrackin'
http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k524/LT18232/DF14AA8B-033A-49A1-88CD-8200325738C6-69075-000008BE652674CB.jpg

rbrian
Mar 5, 2013, 12:59 PM
Well.... here's me an my bike...

Who needs brakes anyways.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11334044/raul4.jpg

You're much cooler than me! But I have to ask, what's that furry thing? Did you catch a possum?

ppcg4mac
Mar 5, 2013, 03:44 PM
You're much cooler than me! But I have to ask, what's that furry thing? Did you catch a possum?

That is most likely a tail. You can get them made from a few websites or get real ones off of etsy.

rbrian
Mar 5, 2013, 03:53 PM
That is most likely a tail. You can get them made from a few websites or get real ones off of etsy.

That's a fashion I was unaware of...

"Fashion is so ugly it has to be changed every fifteen minutes. Style is eternal and in the way that walk and the way that you smile"

- Jo Burt, creator of Mint Sauce

Otaillon
Mar 9, 2013, 02:52 PM
Non-drive side picture of my Fixed in winter mode

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8090/8542066283_1497a1365a_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/olitaillon/8542066283/)
Untitled (http://www.flickr.com/photos/olitaillon/8542066283/) by O.Taillon (http://www.flickr.com/people/olitaillon/), on Flickr

Can't wait for summer to ditch that mudguard. Also planing on putting back the stock fork. The blade on this one are slightly too large and doesn't fit the bike so well.

Also planing on upgrading my handlebars to compact one's

Orange Crane
Mar 15, 2013, 10:38 PM
^^ that's awesome.. I don't think I saw snow once this winter. :o

Went for a spin around by the beach on the way home from work and ran into an unexpectedly lovely sundown.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8521/8561505676_8f81836929_c.jpg

avro707
Mar 16, 2013, 05:23 AM
Couple of pics of mine:

http://reheatimages.smugmug.com/photos/i-fD2jfgP/0/X3/i-fD2jfgP-X3.jpg
http://reheatimages.smugmug.com/photos/i-5b2WhSL/0/X3/i-5b2WhSL-X3.jpg

Trek Madone 4.5, Aeolus 6.5 carbon clincher wheels, Garmin Edge 800. Elite Custom Race bidon cages.

Next upgrades:
1. Next week, trialing 3T Integra Ltd stem with Garmin mount on it.
2.FSA Plasma gloss white bars, (integrated stem/bars)
3. Ultegra or Ultegra Di2. Haven't decided which yet.

Sadly, Strava KOMs are pretty hard to come by in my area, since we have an actual world-champion cyclist living in the area, so he's pretty much cleaned up all the KOMs, leaving only scraps for the rest of us. I had a couple, but lost them a few weeks ago, still trying to gain the 4 seconds back.

The bike is becoming a bit of a project, I'm just fiddling with it and changing things as I wish. The FSA bars will be some nice added bling effect, and changing it over to Ultegra Di2 is something I'm tempted to do - but I want to see where the battery will fit, and don't want to lose a bidon cage. I do a fair few rides in hot conditions - go through drinks quickly.

mcaaron
Mar 16, 2013, 09:33 AM
Bikes and Trike

Orange Crane
Mar 22, 2013, 12:45 AM
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8520/8578262013_3f97255e9e_c.jpg

GermanyChris
Mar 22, 2013, 01:33 AM
My Serotta Legend Ti aka The Commuter

We're stopped at the local Bier Garten on the way home from work last summer

Orange Crane
Mar 22, 2013, 12:15 PM
We're stopped at the local Bier Garten on the way home from work last summer
Nice way to end the workday! A Ride and delicious German bier. I love the brooks saddle.

GermanyChris
Mar 22, 2013, 12:20 PM
Nice way to end the workday! A Ride and delicious German bier. I love the brooks saddle.

All my bikes except the Colnago have a brooks saddle, that one has Brooks bar tape too. Brooks is good stuff and good people.

avro707
Mar 22, 2013, 05:55 PM

A lot of this fancy machines made of exotic materials, look fairly specialised. I doubt they get much use use outside of what they are optimised for.

Oh no, I ride it a lot. And in Sydney, you see some people commuting to work on time-trial bikes even. :eek: Just the other day I saw someone on a Cervelo P5 commuting in the traffic.

hamkor04
Mar 24, 2013, 08:37 PM
Have you ever thought that. Tim Cook working on bicycle???

Orange Crane
Mar 24, 2013, 11:51 PM
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8238/8587257567_79ecb2b049_c.jpg

Tech686239
Mar 25, 2013, 10:43 AM
Nothing spectacular. Just something to go with the wife and someday kids:

http://spck.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pSPCK1-11969747v275.jpg

Xavier
Mar 25, 2013, 03:42 PM
Road season is here!

http://www.pedalroom.com/p/fiori-amalfi-3975_19.jpg

GermanyChris
Mar 25, 2013, 04:07 PM
Image (http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8238/8587257567_79ecb2b049_c.jpg)

Nice, just beautiful, those fenders..MAN

Road season is here!

Image (http://www.pedalroom.com/p/fiori-amalfi-3975_19.jpg)

Drop the Cosmic or what ever that horrendus front wheel is, and find a nice Shamal for the front. If you need my help I'd be more than happy!

===================

I guess I need to take pictures of the Basso (lugged) cross bike ..more Brooks/lugged/Italian bike porn.

Xavier
Mar 25, 2013, 05:20 PM
Drop the Cosmic or what ever that horrendus front wheel is and find a nice Shamal for the front. If you need my help I'd be more than happy!

That is good to know! I may call on you eventually, but for now the HED wheel is want im going to use. I'm in process of purchasing a new cross bike and money is going to that now haha.

I was looking for a decently priced front shamal, but they are hard to find. I primary use the HED on the track bike, but I want something lighter than my mavic 36h.

GermanyChris
Mar 25, 2013, 05:25 PM
That is good to know! I may call on you eventually, but for now the HED wheel is want im going to use. I'm in process of purchasing a new cross bike and money is going to that now haha.

I was looking for a decently priced front shamal, but they are hard to find. I primary use the HED on the track bike, but I want something lighter than my mavic 36h.

Let me start looking out for a Shamal..

Orange Crane
Mar 25, 2013, 09:36 PM
Nice, just beautiful, those fenders..MAN

Thanks! Fenders from Velo Orange.. I've got a serious crush on that bike, it treats me right. We've been having some great spring weather in Seattle and the camellia is exploding right now.. Had to deck it out for the fun. It was pooping pink flowers all the way around the beach, I got a chuckle retracing part of the route on my way to work this morning.

I guess I need to take pictures of the Basso (lugged) cross bike ..more Brooks/lugged/Italian bike porn.
Yes please. :)

Mr. McMac
Mar 28, 2013, 11:04 AM
Picture of me with one of my Mountain Bikes back around 1993- 94 Unfortunately I haven't been riding in several years.

OrangeSVTguy
Mar 30, 2013, 07:51 PM
Here's part of it. It's in 100 pieces right now. Hoping to have the rest done tomorrow for our trip to DC next weekend.

I added a before picture(not mine but exactly the same.) Just a cheap bike :D

Added an almost completed picture. I like the way it turned out.

Heavy Fluid
Apr 3, 2013, 09:49 PM
Vassago Bandersnatch steel hardtail 29er. It just became the donor bike for the black 2011 Titus Racer X frame and Rock Shox Reba SL air fork that I picked up today. X9, Thomson, Avid Elixir CR brakes (BB7's pictured), Hope Pro II's laced to Mavic wheels, Truvativ Stylo crank... and it's a drivetrain side shot. :)

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q34/lovtrance/Biking/Vassago.jpg

2010 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR comp when I got it new a few years ago. It's since been ridden hard, and crashed a few times.

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q34/lovtrance/Biking/FSRSide.jpg

Stumpjumper on a little downhill log ride.

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q34/lovtrance/Biking/208933_437021466321922_1049224155_n.jpg

And a little log crossing.

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q34/lovtrance/Biking/OnTheEdge_zpsf8c583c5.jpg

2011 Specialized Camber FSR Comp - sold, and sorely missed. Handled really well, was just a tad bit too small, and the bb was a bit too low.

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q34/lovtrance/Biking/Camber2512.jpg

And my first ride circa the late 70's.....a black and gold Huffy BMX. Single speed and a coaster brake....before the hipsters were hip.

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q34/lovtrance/Biking/Huffy.jpg

AppleDApp
Apr 3, 2013, 10:03 PM
I added pedal straps and tiagra brakes to this bike. I strongly advise against buying a State co. Bike. They are garbage.I will have changed every part but the cranks and frameset.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-1wuR2uow-T4/UVzszD-gEfI/AAAAAAAAAcQ/Owi-O5QvKZs/s320/Screen+Shot+2013-04-03+at+10.58.13+PM.png

Orange Crane
Apr 4, 2013, 12:19 PM
I added pedal straps and tiagra brakes to this bike. I strongly advise against buying a State co. Bike. They are garbage.I will have changed every part but the cranks and frameset.
Good to know. I've been on the fence about grabbing one to roll around the top of the hill I live on but after hearing that I'll put that dough towards a nicer frame I can build up with proper parts.

Xavier
Apr 4, 2013, 02:04 PM
Good to know. I've been on the fence about grabbing one to roll around the top of the hill I live on but after hearing that I'll put that dough towards a nicer frame I can build up with proper parts.

Bikesdirect Kilo TT if you just want a fixed gear/single speed thats descent on the cheap.

Orange Crane
Apr 4, 2013, 03:57 PM
Bikesdirect Kilo TT if you just want a fixed gear/single speed thats descent on the cheap.
Right on. The state co. bikes are pretty cute, which is what drew me to them in the first place, but that won't be enough if they're jank. I'm not totally set on a single speed in general as I live in a bastardly hilly city, but it might be fun to take to the neighborhood pub and such. I'm bookmarking the kilo tt as a possible fifth bike to rock this summer.

I like the VO campeur frame as a basis for a touring / camping bike, with some nice fat tires, possibly redo in light blue powder coat and hand paint the graphics back on. :)

http://store.velo-orange.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/530x530/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/c/a/campeur_5.jpg

GermanyChris
Apr 4, 2013, 06:34 PM
SS/Fixie, Porteur, and Randonneur bikes are not bikes you buy complete. You buy the frame and go from there.

For the price of the VO frame plus powder you'd be at 80% of the cost of custom steel.

Save the complete for the ugly, disposable, hydroformed, characterless bikes you find at your local Specialized/Trek/Scott/Giant store

AppleDApp
Apr 4, 2013, 07:09 PM

Do you know if they ship internationally?

Orange Crane
Apr 4, 2013, 07:41 PM
For the price of the VO frame plus powder you'd be at 80% of the cost of custom steel.
From where? I'm pretty new.

GermanyChris
Apr 4, 2013, 07:52 PM
From where? I'm pretty new.

Where are you located?

Orange Crane
Apr 4, 2013, 08:17 PM
Where are you located?
Seattle. I though 500 for a frame/fork plus two for powder (and im not married to the powder, just like light blue bikes) was a pretty good price to start but I'm always open to suggestions.

GermanyChris
Apr 4, 2013, 08:32 PM
Seattle. I though 500 for a frame/fork plus two for powder (and im not married to the powder, just like light blue bikes) was a pretty good price to start but I'm always open to suggestions.

That puts you at $700 FF

http://www.merciancycles.co.uk/frames/25/audax-special

custom about 900/1000 depending on exchage

Then Waterford/Gunnar

Rivendell

I can't place the smaller guys right now because it's 3AM but I'll get back to you

Orange Crane
Apr 4, 2013, 08:50 PM
That puts you at $700 FF

http://www.merciancycles.co.uk/frames/25/audax-special

custom about 900/1000 depending on exchage

Then Waterford/Gunnar

Rivendell

I can't place the smaller guys right now because it's 3AM but I'll get back to you
Cool.. My hesitation with getting something from uk or eu is overseas shipping costs. Love the Rivendell but Sam hilbourne frame is 600 more than the VO with powder. Worth it? Possibly. If I do the VO this year and the rivendell next, I'll at least be able to tell the difference firsthand. Lot of choices, more learning definitely. I appreciate the input.

Xavier
Apr 4, 2013, 09:03 PM
Do you know if they ship internationally?

Not sure. Maybe? Check their website or send them an email.

AppleDApp
Apr 4, 2013, 09:25 PM
Cool.. My hesitation with getting something from uk or eu is overseas shipping costs. Love the Rivendell but Sam hilbourne frame is 600 more than the VO with powder. Worth it? Possibly. If I do the VO this year and the rivendell next, I'll at least be able to tell the difference firsthand. Lot of choices, more learning definitely. I appreciate the input.

Also consider duty fees.

GermanyChris
Apr 5, 2013, 04:40 AM

It costs $35 to send a frame and fork..

Heavy Fluid
Apr 9, 2013, 09:24 AM
2011 Titus Racer X all built up.

Taking it in tomorrow to the local shop to have the rear hydraulic brake cable shortened, bled and reassembled. Needs minor cockpit adjustments, but it is done. Went 2x9 with a Salsa bash ring on there.

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q34/lovtrance/Biking/Titus-1_zps8a395fbf.png

MacDawg
Apr 9, 2013, 09:34 AM
His and Her Cannondales loaded up and heading out for an adventure on the Silver Comet Trail

MacRazySwe
Apr 14, 2013, 06:21 PM
Great thread! Here's one of my bikes - A 2010 Scott Gambler 20. A truly great performer. However, I just sold it today as I'm awaiting the 2013 model. Will post new pictures once it arrives.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8241/8649956422_05edddfdc9_z.jpg

Here's what I used it for. :)

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8399/8649373049_13bfdc4360_z.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8400/8650473846_527901dd79_b.jpg

dhindo
Apr 15, 2013, 06:32 PM
Roadie

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8529/8652781347_55b8c5a029_c.jpg

MTB

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8360/8291961922_b9882a25b4_c.jpg

kppolich
Apr 15, 2013, 10:36 PM
Updated
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll208/kpozr2/e2131ee794ef7d6e9d198e49e1934b62_zpsf73529c4.jpg
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll208/kpozr2/null_zps84f15406.jpg
to
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll208/kpozr2/b8596bbeab2b603675d9d97b5bc71beb_zps3861e12c.jpg

dhindo
Apr 19, 2013, 03:39 AM
new project!

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8122/8659990899_50d06bfec9_b.jpg

Dowjohnny
Apr 22, 2013, 03:12 PM
Im thinking of purchasing a new bike, and this is my current favo:

http://www.bulls.de/fileadmin/res/bulls.de/public/img/bikes/bulls-cross-mover-3_533-29848_2000px.png

Any thoughts on that? I use my bike every day, summer and winter for 5 miles to work and 5 miles back. I live on a hill, so there is a significant altitude difference.

Currently i have a cheapo hardtail mountainbike, but since i ride 80% tarmac and only 20% gravel/field tracks (weekends), i think a crossbike would fit my needs better, right?

I would spend 1000€ maximum...

dowjohnny

cderalow
Apr 23, 2013, 08:07 AM
Im thinking of purchasing a new bike, and this is my current favo:

Image (http://www.bulls.de/fileadmin/res/bulls.de/public/img/bikes/bulls-cross-mover-3_533-29848_2000px.png)

Any thoughts on that? I use my bike every day, summer and winter for 5 miles to work and 5 miles back. I live on a hill, so there is a significant altitude difference.

Currently i have a cheapo hardtail mountainbike, but since i ride 80% tarmac and only 20% gravel/field tracks (weekends), i think a crossbike would fit my needs better, right?

I would spend 1000€ maximum...

dowjohnny

that's more of a hybrid than cross bike. pretty sure most cross bikes have a rigid fork with drops

Dowjohnny
Apr 23, 2013, 08:34 AM
that's more of a hybrid than cross bike. pretty sure most cross bikes have a rigid fork with drops

Okay, i don't care about the exact name for the thing, i just need a bike for mainly road use but also with some light offroad abilities. Front suspension would be nice, since i'm really used to it from my hardtail.

So "crossbike" or "hybrid", any serious recommendations?

Heavy Fluid
Apr 23, 2013, 10:22 AM
It really depends on the fork. If it is a garbage fork, you are better off going with a rigid front end. Looks like a nice bike, and if you like it, then you should get it. Any chance you can test ride it before purchasing?

And that is what I consider to be a hybrid bike if you want to get technical with the name of it.

Dowjohnny
Apr 23, 2013, 12:00 PM
Okay guys thanks for your teaching, so i plan to purchase a "hybrid bike" :D

Yeah i can take a test ride, will do so on saturday!

The fork is a Suntour NRX-D-RL, 63mm with remote lockout

MyMac1976
Apr 23, 2013, 02:30 PM

It's a cross bike in Germany but not cyclocross. A cyclocross is a querfeldeinrad

----------

Okay guys thanks for your teaching, so i plan to purchase a "hybrid bike" :D

Yeah i can take a test ride, will do so on saturday!

The fork is a Suntour NRX-D-RL, 63mm with remote lockout

No worry's you right, in Germany it's called a Crossrad in English it's called a Hybrid. In English cross bikes refer to cyclocross bikes a querfeldeinrad. Americans forget that the internet is not a big America. If I were to buy a bike to commute 7KM to work it would be a bahnrad, they are cheaper, simpler and will give you a workout.

dhindo
Apr 28, 2013, 02:09 PM
finally done!!! :)

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7056/8688884124_662b2ed5de_b.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7051/8688885672_fbbcac0289_b.jpg

heres a pic of my cousins Trek...

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7052/8689201807_d16d0691da_b.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7052/8690320388_4f477a61b3_b.jpg

AppleDApp
Apr 28, 2013, 05:20 PM

Image (http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7056/8688884124_662b2ed5de_b.jpg)

Image (http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7051/8688885672_fbbcac0289_b.jpg)

Such a nice bike. White tape will be fun over time :p

gotzero
Apr 28, 2013, 08:49 PM

I use white SRAM super cork on my fixed gear trainer/commuter that sees about 2000 miles a year and I replace it each summer just because. They are usually still "white".

Otaillon
Apr 28, 2013, 09:13 PM
new project!

Image (http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8122/8659990899_50d06bfec9_b.jpg)

Really impressive photography! What's your setup?

AppleDApp
Apr 28, 2013, 10:44 PM
I use white SRAM super cork on my fixed gear trainer/commuter that sees about 2000 miles a year and I replace it each summer just because. They are usually still "white".

The stock tape on my specialized went to a yellow tint with black marks pretty quickly.

velo
Apr 28, 2013, 11:17 PM
White tape isn't too hard to clean if you could be bothered.

Is yours a pedalforce frame or something similar?

kppolich
Apr 29, 2013, 12:22 AM
Finally Finished, time to ride
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll208/kpozr2/null_zpsd1b324fc.jpg

dhindo
Apr 29, 2013, 01:24 AM

nothing Dawn cant clean!:)

Thats Forte brand i have on...$12 for a gel grip...

Really impressive photography! What's your setup?

Thanks! 60D and 50 1.4 on these shots...

google grudiowerx for more of my photography :)

The stock tape on my specialized went to a yellow tint with black marks pretty quickly.

YEP!

Is yours a pedalforce frame or something similar?

its a "CHINA-rello" ;)

Dowjohnny
Apr 29, 2013, 12:29 PM
Just purchased this 3 hours ago :D

http://i1317.photobucket.com/albums/t633/Dowjohnny/IMG_0260_zps5aec0937.jpg

Btrthnezr3
Apr 29, 2013, 12:41 PM
My fun-loving cycle for 'round the neighborhood.

Keeping me fit and feeling young. :cool:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b340/Btrthnezr3/CE95013F-4F32-4BEB-AD32-91133040D603-2120-0000011CEECE7F93.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b340/Btrthnezr3/36E11D69-C373-487A-A2A1-64B7D0A3456A-2120-0000011CDE17276B.jpg

Upgraded the grips, bar ends, seat, pedals, straps and top tube cover.
LOVE my DECO seat...omg.

Sorry that photobucket downgraded the pics :(

lbj1251
Apr 29, 2013, 01:51 PM
:)

ipos
May 2, 2013, 08:49 PM
http://i.imgur.com/H4qN4PS.jpg

master00
May 2, 2013, 09:32 PM
I want one of these

lezmace
May 4, 2013, 05:21 AM

Orange Crane
May 5, 2013, 11:42 AM
This is the most incredible weekend to be out on a bike in the pacific northwest, perfect everything.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8276/8710030585_20e104f670_c.jpg

XIII
May 5, 2013, 04:17 PM

Image (http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7056/8688884124_662b2ed5de_b.jpg)

Image (http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7051/8688885672_fbbcac0289_b.jpg)

heres a pic of my cousins Trek...

Image (http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7052/8689201807_d16d0691da_b.jpg)

Image (http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7052/8690320388_4f477a61b3_b.jpg)

Beautiful, congratulations!

dhindo
May 6, 2013, 12:11 AM
Beautiful, congratulations!

thank you!:)

tobefirst
May 6, 2013, 09:46 AM
I'll be adding to this thread in a couple weeks. I'm working on purchasing a bike and all the components before the end of the month. I have a question for you all.

I'm buying a road bike and was planning on getting some SPD dual platform pedals, so that I could use the clipless shoes most of the time, but could also ride with my sneakers occasionally. However, I can get a higher quality pair of SPD-SL shoes (Shimano SH-R191) for about the same price as I was spending on the SPD shoes I'd picked out (Shimano SH-R088).

I'm not sure what to do, because they don't make dual platforms for SPD-SL shoes. However, I've read online that SPD-SL pedals are generally wide enough to use with shoes, and as long as it isn't wet outside, I'll get enough grip.

I haven't ridden a bike much in the last 15 years, so I'm a newbie. What would you suggest for the pedals/shoes?

dhindo
May 7, 2013, 04:31 AM
lets see the bike and pedals your getting :)

I'll be adding to this thread in a couple weeks. I'm working on purchasing a bike and all the components before the end of the month. I have a question for you all.

I'm buying a road bike and was planning on getting some SPD dual platform pedals, so that I could use the clipless shoes most of the time, but could also ride with my sneakers occasionally. However, I can get a higher quality pair of SPD-SL shoes (Shimano SH-R191) for about the same price as I was spending on the SPD shoes I'd picked out (Shimano SH-R088).

I'm not sure what to do, because they don't make dual platforms for SPD-SL shoes. However, I've read online that SPD-SL pedals are generally wide enough to use with shoes, and as long as it isn't wet outside, I'll get enough grip.

I haven't ridden a bike much in the last 15 years, so I'm a newbie. What would you suggest for the pedals/shoes?

UHFrank
May 7, 2013, 03:20 PM
I saved up for this beauty right here and got it a couple days ago. I love it. My last bike had Shimano Sora set. This one has the Ultegra set, it shifts like a dream compared to sora. I did the MS150 from houston to austin last month and had a blast and look forward to doing it next year along with other rides throughout the year.

This pic is from Fuji's site.

dhindo
May 8, 2013, 01:12 AM
Sweet roadie!!!yep!im using a 105/ultegra and dura ace components on my bike from tiagra and sora!and YES,it is smooth!!!

Though im thinking about switching to SRAM red group in the near future...:)

I saved up for this beauty right here and got it a couple days ago. I love it. My last bike had Shimano Sora set. This one has the Ultegra set, it shifts like a dream compared to sora. I did the MS150 from houston to austin last month and had a blast and look forward to doing it next year along with other rides throughout the year.

This pic is from Fuji's site.

Menel
May 8, 2013, 04:28 AM

SPDSL is technically wide enough for shoes... But its wonky, only good for a quick test ride. You wouldnt want to leave your driveway.

SPDSL is a large triangle 3 boot cleat designed to spread the pressure from the force of pushing pedals, the shoes that pair with them are stiff for a similar reason.

It is the fitness/sport/race bike cleat system. Once you get used to the comfort, you wont want to go back.

SPD 2 bolt dual platform pedals are for convenience. A city bike, if you have a bike with racks and your riding over to the local market to stock up. A light touring/commuter bike.

They are for two completely different cultures.

I use both, on different bikes, they each have purpose.

Xavier
May 8, 2013, 09:44 AM
A suggestion:

You seem to want to ride your bike with clipless pedals, but have the ability to get off and walk around. The SPD2 cleats with a mountain bike style shoe will allow for this. The cleat will be recessed into the shoe letting you walk around comfortably.

Otaillon
May 8, 2013, 09:22 PM
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7305/8721271085_60429b86dc.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/olitaillon/8721271085/)
Riding at sunset (http://www.flickr.com/photos/olitaillon/8721271085/) by O.Taillon (http://www.flickr.com/people/olitaillon/), on Flickr

Would like to update my bars to compact ones this summer. Also planning on putting back the stock fork.

Orange Crane
May 9, 2013, 12:43 AM
^ beautiful.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7344/8722716032_9157b1ba1d_c.jpg

Went for a ~50 mile ride around lake washington after work today, then a mile from home, *clunk*, crank arm poops the bed. :eek:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7405/8721595499_11001bcc99_z.jpg

As much as I love my bus pass I'm pretty glad I was a short walk past a number of pubs from the house. Also happy to have a spare at home. I still count it as a good ride, half way in I bumbled into a group ride going my general direction and they let me tag along, got to learn a new chill route and make some friends along the way. :)

Bye Bye Baby
May 9, 2013, 06:40 AM

I am really enjoying it so far. Really fast and strong drama.

thinkpatience
May 9, 2013, 08:19 AM
http://www.williamwhitworth.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/bicycle.jpg

A friend and I (with absolutely no bike experience at all) went out and purchased 2 of these Surly road bikes, and they are great. I think they are "Long Haul Truckers", we had them custom fitted to our bodies and peddled from Pennsylvania to Florida.

They got us there with no problems at all and held up nicely. Even after a nasty spill my buddy took.

P.S.
If you have the time, do a long distance bike ride, it's a life changing experience.

latergator116
May 9, 2013, 08:32 AM
Image (http://www.williamwhitworth.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/bicycle.jpg)

A friend and I (with absolutely no bike experience at all) went out and purchased 2 of these Surly road bikes, and they are great. I think they are "Long Haul Truckers", we had them custom fitted to our bodies and peddled from Pennsylvania to Florida.

They got us there with no problems at all and held up nicely. Even after a nasty spill my buddy took.

P.S.
If you have the time, do a long distance bike ride, it's a life changing experience.

Awesome! That's something I've really wanted to do for a while. Are those normal road bikes or are the frames beefier?

AppleDApp
May 9, 2013, 09:45 AM
P.S.

How long a ride are we talking about here?

thinkpatience
May 9, 2013, 12:18 PM
Awesome! That's something I've really wanted to do for a while. Are those normal road bikes or are the frames beefier?

Oh you should! I think they're normal frames, stainless steel, pretty light weight. Like I said, I really don't have any experience with bikes, other than this trip, but here's a link to the model...

http://surlybikes.com/bikes/long_haul_trucker

As for the time - it took us 34 days and that's longer than average... We both took our good-ol-time in the outer banks.

Heavy Fluid
May 10, 2013, 11:17 PM
A suggestion:

You seem to want to ride your bike with clipless pedals, but have the ability to get off and walk around. The SPD2 cleats with a mountain bike style shoe will allow for this. The cleat will be recessed into the shoe letting you walk around comfortably.

This will vary greatly depending on the shoe. I have a pair of Specialized MTB shoes that you can distinctly hear the cleat clicking on pavement/flooring. I purchased a pair of Shimano MTB shoes, and the cleat is more recessed on this shoe, making them silent on the pavement. They are not comfortable to walk around in though. A quick run into a store, yes. A walk around a downtown area for more than about 1/4 of a mile, no.

cleanup
May 11, 2013, 01:41 AM
Still in the midst of exams, but I'll be able to ride soon. Here's my bike, staring outside dreaming of summer.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/60400/IMG_20130509_092105.jpg

velo
May 11, 2013, 05:47 AM
Nice shot, nice bike, nice place.

Mr Pink57
May 13, 2013, 12:08 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/mrpink57/Bike/1368393507410_zps3ba79745.jpg
Was able to finally get out on some dirt.

Menel
May 13, 2013, 12:21 PM
Action shot!

http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-k7o7RzN_efk/UZDiV1QjmjI/AAAAAAAAF88/RusEVX9VB-c/s1024/IMAGE_50D990B6-A22A-4711-BA1E-851E2AA3B227.JPG

slieu92
May 14, 2013, 03:49 AM
it gets me to and from campus alright. contemplating about flipping it to a fixed clog.

idk why it's 90º off. clicking on it displays it correctly.

Heavy Fluid
May 14, 2013, 09:44 AM
Image (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/mrpink57/Bike/1368393507410_zps3ba79745.jpg)
Was able to finally get out on some dirt.

Are you rolling a fatty up front?

Mr Pink57
May 16, 2013, 01:44 PM
Are you rolling a fatty up front?
I am. I just use it as training, adds almost 3lbs to the bike so when I swap to "God mode" it makes the bike feel like nothing. There are a few sandy trails here in MN/WI area so it is nice to have for those areas also along with Spring when conditions can be all over the place.

It's also the front end of my winter bike with a studded rear.