PDA

View Full Version : iTunes 4 Screenshot!

MasterX (OSiX)
Mar 9, 2003, 04:31 PM
I know everyone wants to see this thing:

MasterX (OSiX)
Mar 9, 2003, 04:34 PM
New stuff:
AAC Support, encoding in AAC is the new default for ripping CDs

AAC Streaming (but there weren't any AAC radio stations provided)

Rendezvous playlists (limit what songs you share) and Rendezvous access support (get to Rendezvous Play Lists on other macs)

Music Peruse (unable to connect to apple's server) but it's supposidly the pay-per-song service (1-Click and .Mac options are in the beta i got)

Enhanced rules for smart playlists

That's the important stuff (little tweaks here and there, like cleaner sound enhancer)

scem0
Mar 9, 2003, 04:49 PM
wow - that looks awesome. I can't wait for a mac with a 970
chip so I can have that. Any idea when this will be released?

MasterX (OSiX)
Mar 9, 2003, 04:55 PM
my experienced gut instinct tells me May-ish, but that's speculation. I'm guessing iTunes4 also has some iPod-specific features I have no idea about.

GTSparks
Mar 9, 2003, 04:57 PM
That's not real - there's a typo in it.

buseman
Good, except for "Rendezvous Playlsits"

better luck next time:D

MrMacMan
Ah thank you for breaking silence. :D

If you get a chance post more stuff, AAC options and stuff.
:D

Moxiemike
Mar 9, 2003, 05:06 PM
thats a good fake.

sorry

beez7777
Originally posted by buseman
Good, except for "Rendezvous Playlsits"

better luck next time:D

it might be real. in iTunes 3 you can change the name of your library and playlists, so maybe thats what happened there. i dunno. if it is fake, it's a good one.

timbloom
That is hillarious!

The text doesn't have the same anti-alaising as the "current" stuff in itunes that is listed, and that spelling error is blatant.

t^3
Mar 9, 2003, 05:08 PM
Also, the close/minimize/zoom buttons aren't recessed like in all the new iApps.

Moxiemike
Mar 9, 2003, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by beez7777
it might be real. in iTunes 3 you can change the name of your library and playlists, so maybe thats what happened there. i dunno. if it is fake, it's a good one.

but can you chang the fonts? nope. ;)

MasterX (OSiX)
Mar 9, 2003, 05:17 PM
Typo? are you crazy? look closely. Also the buttons are CLEARLY recessed.

iJon
Mar 9, 2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by t^3
Also, the close/minimize/zoom buttons aren't recessed like in all the new iApps.
so itunes isnt now either, you have to use a special app to get itunes buttons like that. keynote is new and the widgets arent embedded.

iJon

buseman
Mar 9, 2003, 05:23 PM
its threads like these that makes this boards credibility so low. keep stuff like this on spymac, please:mad:

SoonToGetAMac
Mar 9, 2003, 05:26 PM
What's up with your most recent post, MasterX? Before you admitted the picture was a fake, and now you don't...

timbloom
Mar 9, 2003, 05:27 PM
This one includes a spelling error too, but looks more real... i didnt use more than 1 minute making it, obviously.

But the antialiasing is better, the default in photoshop would need to be changed, even if you have the right font, in order to match the rest of the text.

iJon
Mar 9, 2003, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by buseman
its threads like these that makes this boards credibility so low. keep stuff like this on spymac, please:mad: oh come on dare officer, its fun trying to figure out if its real or not.

iJon

timbloom
Mar 9, 2003, 05:30 PM
HAHA, he changed the picture to fix the spelling!

timbloom
Mar 9, 2003, 05:32 PM
this one contains a spelling error to, but I won't fix it after I post it, and the antialiasing is correct. I made it in 1 minutes in PS

No, I dont have an iPod named Rendezvous, just stole the icon from my ipod's

iJon
Mar 9, 2003, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by timbloom
HAHA, he changed the picture to fix the spelling!
haha and its still wrong. its Playlist, not Play List.

iJon

Moxiemike
Mar 9, 2003, 05:33 PM
wow you guys are so skilled in Photoshop it makes me jealous.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

MasterX (OSiX)
Mar 9, 2003, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by iJon
haha and its still wrong. its Playlist, not Play List.

iJon

1st of all in iTunes 4 you can make multiple play lists or playlists for sharing over rendezvous. Secondly i think you're crazy, nowhere does it say "Play List"

MasterX (OSiX)
Mar 9, 2003, 05:52 PM
Also I recompressed it, the antialiasing is clearly the same on all text.

And in a completly unrelated fact PhotoShop 7's 4 antialiasing modes can't mimic the standard OSX one anyway.

timbloom
Mar 9, 2003, 05:53 PM
DUDE, you edited it AGAIN

Look at my picture i posted, that is pretty close to the same antialiasing in photoshop

MasterX (OSiX)
Mar 9, 2003, 05:55 PM
DUDE, you edited it AGAIN

Look at my picture i posted, that is pretty close to the same antialiasing in photoshop

(in a monty Python voice)
No i didn't.

This reminds me of a classic Monty Python skit, the one with the dead parrot.

iJon
Mar 9, 2003, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by MasterX (OSiX)
1st of all in iTunes 4 you can make multiple play lists or playlists for sharing over rendezvous. Secondly i think you're crazy, nowhere does it say "Play List"
crazy, im looking at it right now, its says rendezvous Play List. its always been one word playlist.

iJon

MasterX (OSiX)
Mar 9, 2003, 06:00 PM
crazy, im looking at it right now, its says rendezvous Play List. its always been one word playlist.

iJon

No, if you hit refresh I think you'll see better. ;)

MrMacMan
Mar 9, 2003, 06:06 PM

No if you edit the pic one more time we might have to slap you.

MasterX (OSiX)
Mar 9, 2003, 06:07 PM
Perhaps you'll find less wrong with this icon:

iJon
Mar 9, 2003, 06:07 PM
now its fixed, i still think your crazy though. it took you like 3 times to get it right. youll have to do better next time to pull a stunt like that.

iJon

MasterX (OSiX)
Mar 9, 2003, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by MrMacman
No if you edit the pic one more time we might have to slap you.

I dont need to edit it, there's nothing wrong with it cough cough anymore cough.

edesignuk
Mar 9, 2003, 06:12 PM
Spymac have hi-jacked your pic!

How dare they! (http://www.spymac.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=19019&size=big&papass=&sort=1&thecat=)

:rolleyes: :eek: :p

timbloom
Mar 9, 2003, 06:15 PM
Check out the next os:

timbloom
Mar 9, 2003, 06:18 PM
Darn, forgot to change the g4 to g5

edesignuk
Mar 9, 2003, 06:19 PM
Check out the next os:
That baby needs 1024Gb of RAM ;)

timbloom
Mar 9, 2003, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by edesignuk
That baby needs 1024Gb of RAM ;)

DOH, that too, I'll fix it in the next edit of it. (shhhh!)

MasterX (OSiX)
Mar 9, 2003, 06:22 PM
Ha! That's OBVIOUSLY fake, unlike this:

MasterX (OSiX)
Mar 9, 2003, 06:24 PM
Check out the next os:

At least he changed the years up to 2004 :D

djjuice
Mar 9, 2003, 06:34 PM
ok I had to register now to prove this fake crap!
First this image has been edited several times..
first playlist was spelled playlsit.
he admited it to be a fake.. now says its real
the anti-aliasing is wrong
it did say Play List now just says playlist
and oh yeah for the big one im an actual ADC member (paid account with software seeding) and there is NO itunes 4..

dont belive such bull ****.. and well now that i finally registered i can help out more...

King Cobra
Mar 9, 2003, 06:38 PM
Check out the next os:

ROTFLMAO!!
That's great.

Here's a pic of a beta of iTunes 4 for you guys. Click on it.

http://www.funmac.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=7324 (http://www.funmac.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1052)

MasterX (OSiX)
Mar 9, 2003, 06:40 PM
An announcement:

For anyone still confused I'll explain.

It all began on a sunday when I was bored and wanted to fool with my friend, so I made a quick iTunes 4 mock up and sent it to him. He said I should post it somewhere and have some fun. So i did and i spelled something wrong. Then i wrote a post congratulating the people who found errors in my work, soem more obvious than others. Then i thought, why give up now?

So i recended my post and changed the photo. Yet there were still little things (PhotoShop anti-aliasing doesnt match OSX anti-aliasing) so I posted again and again, humorously telling people they were crazy.

If you thought I was serious after my 2nd post you're pretty bad at this game. I'm glad I was able to bring a little joy to some people who for a fleeting moment believed there was a real iTunes4 out and about, and that it was pretty cool looking. For the people who felt the need to yell at me, shame on you. It should be a GIVEN when somene re-posts their "proof" FIVE times in 20 minutes that it's fake.

Hope everyone had fun, enjoy the final image (it's quite accurate, text copied right from iTunes and so on)

edesignuk
Mar 9, 2003, 06:41 PM
Check out the next os:
My attempt...
Just realised I didn't change the date at the bottom, and I didn't save the psd file so I can't be asked to do it all again. This one doesn't look to bad, but I didn't take the time to get the Aqua look right on the big X :D

MasterX (OSiX)
Mar 9, 2003, 06:43 PM
My attempt...
Just realised I didn't change the date at the bottom, and I didn't save the psd file so I can't be asked to do it all again. This one doesn't look to bad, but I didn't take the time to get the Aqua look right on the big X :D

Harder than it looks isn't it? :D

janey
Mar 9, 2003, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by djjuice
and oh yeah for the big one im an actual ADC member (paid account with software seeding) and there is NO itunes 4..

dont belive such bull ****.. and well now that i finally registered i can help out more...
you're not the only ADC member on macrumors and you know what? i just got iTunes 4 :p
i can't believe you didn't get it yet it's been available for a couple of days...

MasterX (OSiX)
Mar 9, 2003, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by übergeek
you're not the only ADC member on macrumors and you know what? i just got iTunes 4 :p
i can't believe you didn't get it yet it's been available for a couple of days...

Well the dogcow has never lied BEFORE....

timbloom
Mar 9, 2003, 06:50 PM
My attempt...

Yeah, that picture I had must have been an earlier beta. heh..

janey
Mar 9, 2003, 06:50 PM
Well the dogcow has never lied BEFORE....
i was joking ;)
iTunes 4 isn't available yet according to jason they're still working on it ;)
and by they i mean apple

ibookin'
Mar 9, 2003, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by King Cobra
ROTFLMAO!!
That's great.

Here's a pic of a beta of iTunes 4 for you guys. Click on it.

I know how you did that.
I did it too. Great mod.

djjuice
Mar 9, 2003, 06:53 PM
dogcow is lying.. there is NO itunes 4... look i paid for the premier account since i do develop.. and there just isnt such a thing at the time.. there is no 10.3 either.. actually as of now there is nothing being worked on but safari. and im not part of that dev team.

janey
Mar 9, 2003, 06:55 PM
dogcow is lying.. there is NO itunes 4... look i paid for the premier account since i do develop.. and there just isnt such a thing at the time.. there is no 10.3 either.. actually as of now there is nothing being worked on but safari. and im not part of that dev team.
you're a liar i'm a premier member too and they're not working on just safari they're working on some iApps too.
Oh and i do have a couple of apple employees, all software developers, to back me up :p
AND IT'S ÜBER NOT DOGCOW!!!!!!
AND IT'S NOT DOGCOW IT'S CLARUS!!!

edesignuk
Mar 9, 2003, 06:57 PM
dogcow is lying.. there is NO itunes 4... look i paid for the premier account since i do develop.. and there just isnt such a thing at the time..
No ***** sherlock! :rolleyes:
Originally posted by übergeek
i was joking ;)
iTunes 4 isn't available yet according to jason they're still working on it ;)
and by they i mean apple

timbloom
Mar 9, 2003, 07:00 PM
Kind-of on topic, but kind-of off.. I want a tower with the hot swap xserve bays, just cause they plain look good.

djjuice
Mar 9, 2003, 07:01 PM
im not gonna type up the list of every app being updated or worked on... thats pointless i was only making the point of the itunes 4 snap being fake

janey
Mar 9, 2003, 07:06 PM
im not gonna type up the list of every app being updated or worked on... thats pointless i was only making the point of the itunes 4 snap being fake
it's not pointless. it's easy.
it's EVERYTHING plus some other stuff that are like confidential :p
well everyone already said everything that had to be said about the fake pic of iTunes 4.
They just came out with iLife you think they'd do a major update of iTunes that fast? use your common sense.

iJon
Mar 9, 2003, 07:26 PM
man, your just the same here as you are on spymac.your annoying so please go back to spymac and spare us.

iJon

amnesiac1984
Mar 9, 2003, 07:28 PM
iJon's right, I think you must be pretty lame a$$ stoopid to not realise that this whole thing is a game thats been taken further on to the extreme

djjuice
Mar 9, 2003, 07:36 PM
then i will continue to be lame...
and you will read it.. and enjoy it...

janey
Mar 9, 2003, 07:38 PM
then i will continue to be lame...
and you will read it.. and enjoy it...
i don't enjoy it :rolleyes:
i don't want to read it :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

djjuice
Mar 9, 2003, 07:40 PM
but you will.. cause you just did...
cant wait for monday.. back to high school withe the kiddies...

janey
Mar 9, 2003, 07:49 PM
but you will.. cause you just did...
cant wait for monday.. back to high school withe the kiddies...
i'm not in high school :rolleyes:
http://forums.macrumors.com/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=13551

MasterX (OSiX)
Mar 9, 2003, 09:17 PM
1989? Yuck. Back when I joined everyone else was in college, those were the good days of Macrumors.com. Yes the good old days....

janey
Mar 9, 2003, 09:18 PM
1989? Yuck. Back when I joined everyone else was in college, those were the good days of Macrumors.com. Yes the good old days....
why what's wrong with 1989? :'(
well the cool thing is that my b-day is the same as Steve's ;)

rideahyperLite
Mar 9, 2003, 10:19 PM

haha they shouldn't let kids under 17 join, its just annoying

MasterX (OSiX)
Mar 9, 2003, 10:21 PM
Uh yeah 17... i'll agree with you in 8 days, 39 minutes. :D

badhorsie777
Mar 9, 2003, 10:22 PM
what a stinkin bunch of nerds.

my birthday is the same as this guy who umm.. invented... the ummmm NO! he invented glasses and... star wars.

He's my dad.

I mean me. I'm my me. No! I mean...
-Badhorsie777

iJon
Mar 9, 2003, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by rideahyperLite
haha they shouldn't let kids under 17 join, its just annoying
why not, 5 bucks says she knows a hell of a lot more than you. she has been a good addition to the site. Ive been on this site since i was 16. your the type of people who shouldnt join because its annoying.

iJon

MasterX (OSiX)
Mar 9, 2003, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by badhorsie777
what a stinkin bunch of nerds.

Bite me. I'm sure I'm in a reincarnation 100 further than yours. Consider me 1416 years old if you want.

MasterX (OSiX)
Mar 9, 2003, 10:30 PM
why not, 5 bucks says she knows a hell of a lot more than you. she has been a good addition to the site. Ive been on this site since i was 16. your the type of people who shouldnt join because its annoying.

iJon

You mean ubergeek right? I'm not a she, i'll cut you foo'. (j/k. Does this thread seem too tight to you Jon? These people need to loosen up. When I joined macrumors.com it was because it was funny. Those people all left, I think that was around the same time as the prophanity blocker. Hunh, that's interesting :D)

rideahyperLite
Mar 9, 2003, 10:31 PM

iJon

yeah probably but all she does is brag and post stupid comments about what she has and we dont.. its just annoying

iJon
Mar 9, 2003, 10:34 PM
You mean ubergeek right? I'm not a she, i'll cut you foo'. (j/k. Does this thread seem too tight to you Jon? These people need to loosen up. When I joined macrumors.com it was because it was funny. Those people all left, I think that was around the same time as the prophanity blocker. Hunh, that's interesting :D)
yeah i guess it is getting that way, you know if you had done your photoshop work right the first time we would still be takling about itunes 4, its all your fault, hahaha, jk.

iJon

MasterX (OSiX)
Mar 9, 2003, 10:36 PM
Haha, i'm a busy person. I have a stream of consciousness paper to write. I think i'll post it when i'm done (should be around 1:45 or 10 minutes).

If you've read James Joyce you know what the writing style is.

iJon
Mar 9, 2003, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by rideahyperLite
yeah probably but all she does is brag and post stupid comments about what she has and we dont.. its just annoying
nevermind, you are 17, my bad but still. if you dont like her posts just dont read them.

iJon

rideahyperLite
Mar 9, 2003, 10:38 PM
but yet you post hypocritical comments on why under 17 people shouldnt post when your not even 17 yourself.

iJon

i turned 18 today.. but good one tho..

badhorsie777
Mar 9, 2003, 10:39 PM
I think the big thing everyone seems to be overlooking is how incredibly funny that thing I said was. I mean, did you guys read it? It's like 5 inches or so above this one. Check it out. Then you'll see.

Thanks and good night!

-badhorsie777

rideahyperLite
Mar 9, 2003, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by badhorsie777
I think the big thing everyone seems to be overlooking is how incredibly funny that thing I said was. I mean, did you guys read it? It's like 5 inches or so above this one. Check it out. Then you'll see.

Thanks and good night!

-badhorsie777

its was pretty good..

G4scott
Mar 9, 2003, 11:15 PM
This thread is headed for wasteland..

Here's some of the features for the next version of windoze: windoze features (http://www.apple.com/macosx/)

Apple][Forever
Mar 9, 2003, 11:24 PM
HOLY ****!

I found a pic of the 'stereo display' Apple's working on.

steeleclipse
Mar 9, 2003, 11:45 PM
Check out the next os:

That is truly a work of art... someone around here is DEFINITELY Photoshop-saavy :D

As for iTunes 4... WOW! it looks the same as 3 with a little Rendezvous logo! Those are definitely screen shots from the up and coming iTunes....Jack*ss.. :D

saabmp3
Mar 10, 2003, 12:15 AM
Ok, this thread obviously has gone to the waste land, but it's a wasteland that I also have a say in. I think most people here should just put UberGeek (I know it's not spelled correctly, but I'm not going to take the time to get the u) on the block list. I have been through MANY online buletin boards on the past 8 or so years and in the life of each board there is always a young member who tries to say they have all the connections and all the equipment although nearly EVERY TIME it is untrue.

If this enrages anybody here then just block ubergeek. This is the simplest and most effective way of boycotting the user. When there are no more replies to the poster, the child usually goes away or picks a new user name and acts more mature. Lesson learned and all is well.

I do not discourage young members of buletin boards. I am currently 19 and obviously began lurking and posting at the age of 11. Even at that time I like to believe that I brought a sense of mature conversation to whatever it was I was discussing at the time. I believe that young members should be encouraged to bring forth their ideas and I hope that many other users here believe the same.

I can go on and on with reasons as to why ubergeek's posts and background information appear to be false but I tend to think of this as petty squabbling and hope that many of the users of this board can agree with this and just ignore the fact. Most of our oppinions on this user are the same, let's leave it at that.

BEN

FredAkbar
Mar 10, 2003, 12:47 AM
Man, what do the people in this thread have against übergeek? Who cares whether she's 14 or 40?...You guys are making her out to be a little brat that doesn't have a clue what she's talking about. But I've never been annoyed at anything she's said, and I'd like to know why you guys think that the stuff she says she has is a lie, or whatever accusations you're making. I find it interesting that she's been a member longer than any of you guys who are dissing on her, and I've hardly seen anyone else in these forums get annoyed at her. So what's all the fuss about?

--Fred

janey
Mar 10, 2003, 01:26 AM
i'm so unbelievable that nobody believes me :rolleyes:
well fine believe whatever you wanna believe in.
Just totally die when you see my setup.

janey
Mar 10, 2003, 01:34 AM
if you guys find me to be really annoying and offensive and stupid just ignore me because i'm ignoring you guys :rolleyes:

FredAkbar
Mar 10, 2003, 01:35 AM
Ok I know this probably doesn't belong here in this topic, but I didn't want to start a whole new thread about it......I recently switched my settings to show the forums in Mac OS X appearence instead of default. I'm wondering what that little "e" means in the upper right corner of people's posts. Sometimes it's blue, sometimes it's orange...what's up with that?

--Fred

edit: ohhhh is it just that it's orange if it's your post, and it's blue for everyone elses? I just noticed that as a possibility...let me know if that's what it is.