PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else want to see a Trek + iPod product?

BurtonCCC
Jul 22, 2006, 05:11 PM
I used to run track and cross country in high school, but my legs suck now, so I just bought a freakin' sweet Gary Fisher and now I just ride a bike. I was just looking at people listing their power song for the Nike + iPod and was thinking that I would love something like the Nike + iPod for my bike. It'd be just like a normal bike computer with a wireless reader down on your fork and then something on your bars, but then with something for your iPod too. Anybody else think this would be something that they would buy?

Daniel.

crdean1
Jul 22, 2006, 06:31 PM
How bout the Cannondale + iPod?

//I'll take one please//

I use my nano, and a Polar S720i (http://www.polarusa.com/Products/Consumer/S720.asp). Love them both.

WildCowboy
Jul 22, 2006, 06:35 PM
Best not to encourage people to ride with earphones on...I've done it occasionally (always with just one earbud in), but it's not a great idea when you're out on the road.

If you're off by yourself on a mountain bike somewhere it'd be okay, but how would you market it to that very limited market while discouraging everyone else from purchasing it.

crdean1
Jul 22, 2006, 07:00 PM
Agreed, I would never listen whilst on the road. I ride a lengthy cement trail for long "road" rides.

You definitely want to hear the horn of the car that is about to throw a beer at you, so you can duck. (actually happened one time, I got a little taste, but avoided the can)