PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Problem

Selax77
Jul 22, 2006, 05:18 PM
How do i transfer music from a mac formatted ipod to a windows formatted ipod?
thank you

mad jew
Jul 22, 2006, 10:25 PM
What sort of computer do you have? Is the Mac formatted iPod set to have its songs manually managed? :)

Selax77
Jul 22, 2006, 11:48 PM
No it is not set to manually but if i do it this way will it work?

mad jew
Jul 23, 2006, 02:17 AM
Can you plug the Windows-formatted iPod into the Mac and simply grab the music from there? The Mac and the automatically-syncing Mac-formatted iPod should have the same library (or at least some identical playlists depending on how you sync the iPod).

Otherwise, we may need more information before we can get any further. Hopefully you have the rights to all this music because otherwise MacRumors won't be able to help you. :)

Selax77
Jul 23, 2006, 10:07 AM
I do have the rights but basically i want to transfer the music from the mac formatted ipod to the computer with windows.
than

Eraserhead
Jul 23, 2006, 11:36 AM
I do have the rights but basically i want to transfer the music from the mac formatted ipod to the computer with windows.
than

if you have a Mac handy then the easiest way is to plug the iPod into your Mac, copy the music off it by using Senuti into iTunes then using iTunes sync the music back to your Windows iPod, if you don't have a Mac handy and do have a Windows PC you can use XPlay (http://www.mediafour.com/products/xplay/default.asp) to copy the music, it has a free trial but costs $29.95 otherwise.