PDA

View Full Version : FS: iMac 20" G5 2.1 (frontrow, camera, remote)

jwp1964
Jul 22, 2006, 11:38 PM
Here's the deal:

iMac as described above PLUS upgrade to 1GB Ram (original 512 + Crucial 512) and ilife '06 PLUS approximately 33 months of Applecare remaining. i do not have the original box, but do have the books, boot dvds, remote, KB, mighty mouse. I am leaving for one year in Iraq so I must sell after 3 short months with this awesome computer. It would just be sitting in storage if i don't sell. I will sell it as described above for $999 plus actual shipping charges if necessary. If someone in driving distance is interested then you can save a few bucks. I am offering to Macrumors members because this community has been so helpful since I joined and switched to Mac.:cool: :cool:

minnesotamacman
Jul 22, 2006, 11:41 PM
With the intel iMac's around, the $999 seems high, however, I am
interested, and would offer $800 shipped. I am not trying to lowball you
just what I feel comfortable paying. I also wonder if you have any
references and if we may speak via phone.

Michael

jwp1964
Jul 22, 2006, 11:43 PM
With the intel iMac's around, the $999 seems high, however, I am
interested, and would offer $800 shipped. I am not trying to lowball you
just what I feel comfortable paying. I also wonder if you have any
references and if we may speak via phone.

Michael

Not trying to lowball? Still goes for $1299 as refurb with 21 months less warranty and no RAM upgrade....

interlaced
Jul 22, 2006, 11:45 PM
OMG. i would get this if i wasn't now saving up for a 17" mbp. argh, me and my indecisiveness. good luck =]

minnesotamacman
Jul 22, 2006, 11:45 PM
Not trying to lowball? Still goes for $1299 as refurb with 21 months less warranty and no RAM upgrade....

It is a fact, you do have the Apple Care... OK, $875

xfiftyfour
Jul 22, 2006, 11:52 PM
you will never get for your used computers what apple does for their refurbs, unfortunately. even if you DO have extras (and, just a heads up, a 512 ram upgrade won't boost the price of your imac at all, but the warranty will).

if you don't get any good offers here, try eBay. the market is much larger, and you don't have such bleeding-edge, apple-knowledgable, frugal buyers as you do here. i just did a search of completed listings, and most have gone for what you're asking - many even above. start at .01 or .99, do a 7-day listing, add good pictures and detailed specs, and you will get what you deserve.

good luck!

jwp1964
Jul 22, 2006, 11:53 PM

but I think i'll go to eBay before I go that low. I think $999 is pretty reasonable. Oh yeah my eBay user ID is jwp1964 and I have a perfect feedback record with nearly 100 transactions. I do accept PayPal.

minnesotamacman
Jul 22, 2006, 11:55 PM
but I think i'll go to eBay before I go that low. I think $999 is pretty reasonable.

I don't think this is a bad offer... Take out the ebay listing fees, the hassle, the wait, and everythign else and you aren't making much more. I on the other hand am what you want...

Ready
Willing
Able

If you decide to do it, let me know and we can talk on the phone and work
everything out.

Michael

jwp1964
Jul 22, 2006, 11:57 PM
I don't think this is a bad offer... Take out the ebay listing fees, the hassle, the wait, and everythign else and you aren't making much more. I on the other hand am what you want...

Ready
Willing
Able

If you decide to do it, let me know and we can talk on the phone and work
everything out.

Michael

Is there a termination date on that offer?

minnesotamacman
Jul 22, 2006, 11:59 PM
Is there a termination date on that offer?

Well, not really, but I would like to deal sooner than later as I have a need
for that computer right now... $900 shipped. How is that? I can't go any
higher as I don't have any more cash.

I can do a USPS Money Order, sent Priority Mail with delivery confirmation.
Could you send the computer via USPS Priority Mail with delivery confirmation?

Michael

jwp1964
Jul 23, 2006, 12:03 AM

Michael

I'll get back to you first thing in the morning on that latest offer...I need some sleep.

radiantm3
Jul 23, 2006, 02:19 AM
That's actually a really good deal. I just sold the same imac with only 512 ram and applecare for $1200 about a week ago. Last time I checked, refurbs are around 1400-1500 at the apple store.

kevin.rivers
Jul 23, 2006, 09:33 AM
pictures please.

jwp1964
Jul 23, 2006, 12:04 PM
pictures please.

Here ya go... a little messy...I am pre-occupied with some other stuff rght now!

jwp1964
Jul 23, 2006, 03:34 PM

Michael

I might be on the verge of letting you get a pretty damn good deal.:D

DMPDX
Jul 23, 2006, 03:46 PM
Thats still on the lowball price area buddy, just fyi.

You should be able to fetch 1000 At the very minumum on ebay. 975/999 sounds about right for here.

xfiftyfour
Jul 23, 2006, 04:04 PM
Thats still on the lowball price area buddy, just fyi.

Yeah, take a peak at completed listings on eBay and you'll see that most of them are around the 1200 + shipping mark. Even with eBay fees and paypal fees, you'd be coming out above 900 shipped...

MovieCutter
Jul 23, 2006, 04:06 PM
Yeah, take a peak at completed listings on eBay and you'll see that most of them are around the 1200 + shipping mark. Even with eBay fees and paypal fees, you'd be coming out above 900 shipped...

Ditto, selling for anything less than $1000 is silly, offering any less than that is piracy.

QCassidy352
Jul 23, 2006, 07:29 PM

nonsense. There have been several ebay sellers with bunches of these machines. Some with upgraded RAM, some not. But the prices seemed to go from 1000-1200, with 1100 average or so. No extended warranty, but brand new in box.

lilfordbmx
Jul 23, 2006, 07:47 PM
you will never get for your used computers what apple does for their refurbs, unfortunately. even if you DO have extras (and, just a heads up, a 512 ram upgrade won't boost the price of your imac at all, but the warranty will).

Ebay all the way..

i just got 1300 buy it now for myne 5 days ago.

bradbowl
Jul 24, 2006, 10:18 PM
bump 4 you

jwp1964
Jul 24, 2006, 10:28 PM
bump 4 you

Thanks...I've been busy today....:o