PDA

View Full Version : How do I transfer to my new computer?

falcon1
Jul 23, 2006, 08:36 PM
I got a macbook pro and all of my songs are on my windows computer so when I download iTunes on the mac, will they automactically be there or how do I transfer them?

iBookG4user
Jul 23, 2006, 08:38 PM
apple says how to here (http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/tutorial/ip_gettingstarted_t14.html)

falcon1
Jul 23, 2006, 09:34 PM
I don't have an ipod right now, it broke and I haven't got another one yet.

iBookG4user
Jul 23, 2006, 09:37 PM
Well then, burn them all onto CDs and import them that way. Or try using an external hard drive.

nl2134
Jul 23, 2006, 11:22 PM
Look at the guides, under networking.

They may be useful.

falcon1
Jul 23, 2006, 11:33 PM
I can't burn songs but for some reason I can burn images onto the discs and then review them. I thought since where you download iTunes you have to type in your email address, that they will put the songs on the iTunes that you are downloading for you.

williamsonrg
Jul 24, 2006, 11:12 PM
I've got the same question as the OP. I'm copying my music from a PC to my new Macbook. I know how to copy all the music (I have an external hard drive), but I want to preserve the play counts and ratings (especially the latter). What's the best way to do that? Thanks in advance for any tips.

REDSRT4
Jul 25, 2006, 11:11 AM
burn on cd/dvd external hd etc are the easiest ways, if you more advanced network the 2 together, if you have both macs use firewire!

macdaddy121
Jul 26, 2006, 12:28 PM
is there any type of usb to usb cord that you could use to send straight from one computer to the other????

gauchogolfer
Jul 26, 2006, 01:37 PM
I've got the same question as the OP. I'm copying my music from a PC to my new Macbook. I know how to copy all the music (I have an external hard drive), but I want to preserve the play counts and ratings (especially the latter). What's the best way to do that? Thanks in advance for any tips.
In the iTunes Music folder, look for a .xml file. This contains your ratings and playcounts. Copy that over into the iTunes folder on your Macbook.

falcon1
Aug 12, 2006, 06:18 PM
Alright well I finally got me a new ipod so can I just put the songs onto the ipod from my PC and then put the songs that I transfered to the ipod onto my MBP somehow?