PDA

View Full Version : FS: Macbook (white) 1.83/512/60/combo

Jschultz
Jul 24, 2006, 11:01 AM
So for the millionth time, I am faced with a tough situation financially, and have to sell another macintosh. I hate to do it, but tuition AND car stuff came up all at once.

Anyways, you all know what this is. I'll answer the usual questions- Does it Moo? No. Does it whine? No. Does it overheat? No, according to CoreDuoTemp monitor, it sits at a pretty cool rate. Not that I ever push this thing either. It's led a sedentary lifestyle on my desk, sometimes even venturing to the couch with me to watch a white sox game. Comes with all boxes, manuals, etc. AppleCare is still good until next May

As far as price goes, here is what I've determined. This model exactly refurbished at the Apple store is $949, free shipping, but you still pay tax. Which is roughly $71 @ 6.75%. So, I think it's fair that I sell for $940 with free shipping.

Anyways, PM me if you have anymore questions or to express interest in buying.

Thanks!

Kardashian
Jul 24, 2006, 11:04 AM
If someone buys my iMac, I'll give you $1,100 shipped to the UK.

Providing, there aren't any marks/dents/scratches/fading on trackpad etc?

Hope my iMac sells, I could buy it outright straight away. :(

Zman5225
Jul 24, 2006, 11:49 AM
interested in any trades at all? My iBook + cash perhaps?

REDSRT4
Jul 24, 2006, 12:05 PM
to bad it isnt superdrive :(

Jschultz
Jul 24, 2006, 12:27 PM
Sorry guys. No trades, cos I need the cash really bad.

Thanks!

bearcat2000
Jul 24, 2006, 04:47 PM
Not having the superdrive is the killer on the lower end macbooks as far as resale. One of my buddies tried to sell his to upgrade to a black one with superdrive and he had a difficult time even getting offers. I wish you luck selling it. If you get in too deep of a bind PM me and I'll shoot you an offer. One can always use another mac, eh?

PowerMac Dual 2GHz
Powerbook G4 1.67GHz
iMac G5 2.1 GHz
Mac Mini 1.42GHz
Mac Mini (Intel) 1.66GHz
iMac G3 500MHz

Jschultz
Jul 24, 2006, 05:48 PM
Not having the superdrive is the killer on the lower end macbooks as far as resale. One of my buddies tried to sell his to upgrade to a black one with superdrive and he had a difficult time even getting offers. I wish you luck selling it. If you get in too deep of a bind PM me and I'll shoot you an offer. One can always use another mac, eh?

PowerMac Dual 2GHz
Powerbook G4 1.67GHz
iMac G5 2.1 GHz
Mac Mini 1.42GHz
Mac Mini (Intel) 1.66GHz
iMac G3 500MHz

no way! you sir, do not need any more macs. Do you have a mac rack at home? Cos that is a lot of macs! :D

I got the combo drive because it's cheaper. And I have never, ever burnt a dvd, or any large volume of data for that matter.

Oh well, I'll give it a few more days here, and off to eBay it goes!

Anonymous Freak
Jul 24, 2006, 06:23 PM
no way! you sir, do not need any more macs. Do you have a mac rack at home? Cos that is a lot of macs! :D

I got the combo drive because it's cheaper. And I have never, ever burnt a dvd, or any large volume of data for that matter.

Oh well, I'll give it a few more days here, and off to eBay it goes!

Unfortunately, the 'tax' reasoning doesn't work for me, as I live in a no-sales-tax area. If you get no other offers, and it doesn't sell on eBay, I'd be willing to offer $900 shipped to Oregon. (It'd save me $50 over the Apple store, and my wife wants one anyway.) But go ahead and try eBay first, since I know you're trying to get as much as possible.

As for 'too many macs'? MUAHAHA! (http://www.hurtley.org/Macs.html) (You haven't visited the 'Apple Collectors' forum, have you?)

kildraik
Jul 24, 2006, 07:05 PM
As for 'too many macs'? MUAHAHA! (http://www.hurtley.org/Macs.html) (You haven't visited the 'Apple Collectors' forum, have you?)
Holy Crap. Thats simply amazing. How can you possibly keep you house that big of a mess?:p
*Let me know when you are going to do some spring cleaning!

bearcat2000
Jul 24, 2006, 07:51 PM
To talk to both of you at once...for $40+shipping it would be a good idea to let it go as with both eBay fees and paypal fees you are talking at least that.

BTW, I was going to offer you $850 cash :)

Jschultz
Jul 25, 2006, 11:38 AM
All PM's responded to. First to put $920 shipped in my pocket wins a free macbook!:D

Chrispy
Jul 26, 2006, 10:15 AM
You got any pics?

Jschultz
Jul 27, 2006, 09:58 AM
Sooooooooold.

Thanks to all for playing!

slb
Aug 8, 2006, 08:06 PM
MacBook received today with no issues. Seller recommended.