PDA

View Full Version : Did you know StevieJ had cancer?

Killyp
Jul 24, 2006, 02:54 PM
I didn't know this, sorry if it's old news, but Steve Jobs had cancer!

http://www.thinksecret.com/news/jobsmemo.html

Imagine what would have happened if he hadn't got over it? Where would we all be now?!?

iGary
Jul 24, 2006, 02:55 PM
Two years ago...

WildCowboy
Jul 24, 2006, 02:56 PM
Oh yes...very old news. Much discussed here at the time.

Needless to say, we're all glad he pulled through and seems to still be doing fine.

Killyp
Jul 24, 2006, 02:56 PM
But still....

2 years is a very short time when it comes to something like cancer. You can have it on and off for 20 years...

WildCowboy
Jul 24, 2006, 02:58 PM
But still....

2 years is a very short time when it comes to something like cancer. You can have it on and off for 20 years...

It all depends...if you catch it early before it metastasizes (as it appears Steve's doctors did), there's a very good chance he'll never have a problem with it again.

While his cancer was very rare, it is curable.

Applespider
Jul 24, 2006, 03:01 PM

Let's not be ghoulish and speculate on remission periods.

Sesshi
Jul 24, 2006, 03:06 PM
Let's not be ghoulish and speculate on remission periods.

I bet Ballmer is.

mpw
Jul 24, 2006, 03:12 PM
It all depends...if you catch it early before it metastasizes (as it appears Steve's doctors did), there's a very good chance he'll never have a problem with it again....
This thread has just reminded me, I've been clear of cancer for 11years tomorrow, yay me!!

Doctor Q
Jul 24, 2006, 03:40 PM
Back when he was being treated, Steve had to suffer not only from the cancer but from missing making one of his keynote speeches. Double indignity. :(

This thread has just reminded me, I've been clear of cancer for 11years tomorrow, yay me!!That **IS** something worth celebrating. Yay you!!

Killyp
Jul 24, 2006, 04:23 PM
congrats mpw!!!!!! glad to hear about that! :D :D :D :D :D :D

MisterMe
Jul 24, 2006, 05:21 PM
I bet Ballmer is.I bet he does not.

katie ta achoo
Jul 24, 2006, 05:25 PM
I bet Ballmer is.
While he may be a ruthless business man, only a complete monster would wish cancer on another human.
This thread has just reminded me, I've been clear of cancer for 11years tomorrow, yay me!!
Awesome! Rock on mpw!

*throws confetti in air* time to party!

mpw
Jul 24, 2006, 05:44 PM
Q, KT & Killyp and those who PM'd me, thanks:D

dsnort
Jul 24, 2006, 09:53 PM

Yaaaaaayyyyy!!!!!!! MPW. Way to go!!!!

jhu
Jul 24, 2006, 10:23 PM
It all depends...if you catch it early before it metastasizes (as it appears Steve's doctors did), there's a very good chance he'll never have a problem with it again.

While his cancer was very rare, it is curable.

the term "cancer" is a catch-all term of neoplastic processes that range from fairly benign (eg basal cell carcinoma) to extremely bad (eg grade iv astrocytoma). what mr. jobs had was something more on the benign side: a pancreatic islet tumor. if someone were to give you cancer, but you were able to choose which one, a pancreatic islet tumor would be pretty high on your list.

if you don't mind, what kind did you have?

supremedesigner
Jul 25, 2006, 07:52 AM
Oh yes...very old news. Much discussed here at the time.

Needless to say, we're all glad he pulled through and seems to still be doing fine.

Only if MR have google engine built in so I'll be able to find it easily...

crdean1
Jul 25, 2006, 08:18 AM
Did you know that Steve founded a company called Apple Computer?

Kardashian
Jul 25, 2006, 08:20 AM
Two years ago...

Was it? I always thought it was 2002/2003ish.

I didn't find out until last year, until I started to rummage around forums.

Well bloody done, MPW!

Happy urm, 'Anniversary', I guess :p

gwuMACaddict
Jul 25, 2006, 08:31 AM

awesome, my father has been clear for 3 years now- it's a great feeling

SC68Cal
Jul 25, 2006, 11:31 AM
Did you know that Steve founded a company called Apple Computer?

Outright lies and FUD!

Steve Ballmer's toungue founded Apple Computer.

http://www.businessweek.com/the_thread/techbeat/archives/ballmer_tongue.gif