PDA

View Full Version : Feeler: 12" iBook G4 1.33Ghz, 60GB HD, 1GB RAM, Great Condition

ITASOR
Jul 24, 2006, 07:02 PM
Last iBook generation ever made....how much can I get for this?

12" 1.33Ghz iBook G4
60GB HD (BTO)
1GB RAM (512+512)
Tiger 10.4.7
iLife '05
Original DVD Media (Tiger+iLife)
Original Box with outer protector box, manual, vga adapter
MiniVGA to S-Video/RCA adapter + RCA cable & 1/8" Audio to RCA audio (everything to hook it up to your TV)
iSkin (for keyboard)
Incase sleeve/case (includes shoulder strap)(cost $50 new) (http://image.abcaz.co.uk/productimages/112/5749872.jpg)
Apple iSight (box, all attachments, etc.)

Great condition. Very, very clean. Bottom has a few scratches from some "particles" on surfaces, like tables, I guess and there's also some of those really light scratches on the bottom as well....who looks at the bottom anyway? :)

Selling because I want to upgrade to a MacBook probably. Not looking for a trade, as I like my main machines to be purchased new for some reason. :p

kildraik
Jul 24, 2006, 07:10 PM
You could probobly get around $500 for it. I want that same model and everything, I just don't have the cash.:(

Good luck!

z00y0rk
Jul 24, 2006, 07:22 PM
I would say a little more then $500 and somewhere close to $750. I think that the upgrades would get you the extra money.

xfiftyfour
Jul 24, 2006, 07:36 PM
I would say a little more then $500 and somewhere close to $750. I think that the upgrades would get you the extra money.

around here? i doubt that. when you get to the 750 range, you're starting to tread on the powerbook's market. a last revision 17-in powerbook just went for 1100 shipped here (granted, that was low), and the 15-inchers go anywhere from around 800-1200.

my best advice is to take the machine over to eBay (yeah, i know..grumblegrumblegrumble) - i took a peep at completed listings, though, and most are going around the 750 mark, like z00y0rk said.

good luck with your sale!

ITASOR
Jul 24, 2006, 08:18 PM
You could probobly get around $500 for it. I want that same model and everything, I just don't have the cash.:(

Good luck!

The lowest I have seen one go for was $550 shipped, and that didn't have the upgraded HD, RAM, or accessories that I have either. I know it's not worth a lot, but I think it's worth more than that. :p

EDIT: Added iSight to list of items...but I might rather sell that separately.

dukebound85
Jul 24, 2006, 08:22 PM
The lowest I have seen one go for was $550 shipped, and that didn't have the upgraded HD, RAM, or accessories that I have either. I know it's not worth a lot, but I think it's worth more than that. :p

EDIT: Added iSight to list of items...but I might rather sell that separately.

A bit ambitious. I would say 500 is about right for that set up. I mean its 2 processor generations behind and wasnt updated for like a year until the macbook.

ITASOR
Jul 24, 2006, 08:30 PM
A bit ambitious. I would say 500 is about right for that set up. I mean its 2 processor generations behind and wasnt updated for like a year until the macbook.

Wow, the Mac market is screwed up right now...I just had a few offers for my 14" 900Mhz G4 iBook of $400....some of the 1.42Ghz Mac Mini's are going for $400-$450....and this is going for $500...:eek:

Sutekidane
Jul 24, 2006, 08:32 PM
Don't sell it honey, I'll kill you!

At least it's better than that averatec you used to have.

ITASOR
Jul 24, 2006, 08:33 PM
Don't sell it honey, I'll kill you!

At least it's better than that averatec you used to have.

Oh yeah...better than the averatec. Funny to think that that crappy PC laptop is probably somewhere close in value though....this makes absolutely no sense. :D

kildraik
Jul 24, 2006, 08:48 PM
If I had the cash, I would buy it in a heartbeat-;)

Sutekidane
Jul 24, 2006, 08:55 PM
Oh yeah...better than the averatec. Funny to think that that crappy PC laptop is probably somewhere close in value though....this makes absolutely no sense. :D

Well, if you end up wanting to give it away, I'm first in line. :-D

kmarketing
Jul 24, 2006, 09:03 PM
Dukebound,

you're not just saying that $500 is about right so that you can get it for that price are you?

As for the seller, don't sell it here, get it on ebay and you will see that you will definitely get more than if you sell it here. Sorry but that's the honest truth.

ITASOR
Jul 24, 2006, 09:07 PM
As for the seller, don't sell it here, get it on ebay and you will see that you will definitely get more than if you sell it here. Sorry but that's the honest truth.

I know. ;) Just wanted to see what my other selling options are. I'll obviously try to sell it local first....if I even sell it at all. I have a lot invested into it with all my other accessories and stuff.

kmarketing
Jul 24, 2006, 09:13 PM
Hi,

And I think it is a good idea to sell the isight separately. You can get $75-$80 for that on its own.

dukebound85
Jul 24, 2006, 09:59 PM
Dukebound,

you're not just saying that $500 is about right so that you can get it for that price are you?

Haha no. I just got a new macbook like a week ago

QCassidy352
Jul 24, 2006, 10:19 PM
I had an ibook G4 12" 1.33/40/1.5 that I sold after I got my macbook. So smaller HD but more RAM. I had it listed on here for a while and got a lot of low ball offers. But eventually I got $770 shipped. So don't take $500; that's a joke.

In fact, don't sell it at all. My macbook whines, moos, had discoloration (now repaired), and randomly shuts off sometimes. Hey, at least it doesn't overheat. :rolleyes: My point is, the macbooks are buggy as hell. probably the buggiest of any apple product in my memory. Whereas your ibook is rock solid and still perfectly good. If I could do it over, I would have kept my ibook and never bought a macbook.
/bitter

ricgnzlzcr
Jul 25, 2006, 12:14 AM
I'd like to buy the isight

spriter
Jul 25, 2006, 01:44 AM
Don't know if this a relevant reference being a UK sale but I got 420 / $775USD for my iBook.

Spec was:
12", 1.2GHz, 768MB RAM, 80GB 5400rpm drive (self-installed), extra battery (one had 450 cycles, the other just 70) AE, BT, VGA adapter, Tiger, all the usual extras, plus an LA Robe case. In very good condition.

I don't regret getting a MacBook as it's a huge step up in performance. I do miss the 5 hours from each small battery though. :)

ITASOR
Jul 25, 2006, 10:45 AM
In fact, don't sell it at all. My macbook whines, moos, had discoloration (now repaired), and randomly shuts off sometimes. Hey, at least it doesn't overheat. :rolleyes: My point is, the macbooks are buggy as hell. probably the buggiest of any apple product in my memory. Whereas your ibook is rock solid and still perfectly good. If I could do it over, I would have kept my ibook and never bought a macbook.
/bitter

Yeah, that's the only reason I haven't sold it yet. I could have sold it for $720 shipped a few times....but I really need to have a Mac around to use for work/school. If I get a MacBook, there's a high risk that I'll be without it for repair time and such, and I can't really do that, especially when school starts.

QCassidy352
Jul 25, 2006, 10:51 AM
Yeah, that's the only reason I haven't sold it yet. I could have sold it for $720 shipped a few times....but I really need to have a Mac around to use for work/school. If I get a MacBook, there's a high risk that I'll be without it for repair time and such, and I can't really do that, especially when school starts.

that's exactly what I'm going through right now. I'm seriously thinking about going back to PPC for a while and returning to intel once the laptops are more reliable.

Chrispy
Jul 27, 2006, 07:29 AM
Yeah, I'm playing the waiting game as well. We need to get another generation into these Intel machines to work some of the bugs out. Too risky right now. I guess we will see what comes at WWDC. The Intel processors are also killing resale values overall. Macconnection (or one of those places) is selling the 1.83 MBP for $1499 after rebate. I cannot recall another time in Apple's history where prices dropped so quickly :eek:

baby duck monge
Aug 1, 2006, 10:12 PM

Have you given any more thought to selling the iBook, or have you given up on that plan for the time being?

ITASOR
Aug 1, 2006, 10:24 PM
Have you given any more thought to selling the iBook, or have you given up on that plan for the time being?

I've been thinking more about it, but to tell you the truth, it's not really worth selling to me for these $500 offers I've gotten. If I got a decent offer I would definitely still be open to consideration, but I'm probably going to hold onto it until Rev. B.

shadowmoses
Aug 2, 2006, 02:35 AM
I've been thinking more about it, but to tell you the truth, it's not really worth selling to me for these $500 offers I've gotten. If I got a decent offer I would definitely still be open to consideration, but I'm probably going to hold onto it until Rev. B.

Defiantly try eBay list it well and you will 100% get more than $500 you will be looking at closer to $800 especially if you take some nice pics and have decent feedback.....The rev.B MacBook's are probably a bit off anyway and the MacBooks are in another league to the iBook G4's you won't regret the swap,

ShadoW