PDA

View Full Version : Macbook: Twisting Power Cable

TBR
Jul 25, 2006, 04:22 AM
Hi all, after a quick search on the forums I havn't seen anyone mention my 'problem'... that is if it is a problem.

Basically the thin power cord on my macbook seems to be 'twisting?!?!' inside the protective plastic outer coating so that the cable look like there are a series of bumps/kinks along it. Something very similar happened to my ipods remote control cable as well.

Am I doing/not doing something wrong with it?

I've very protective of my computer stuff and wouldn't like to think i've buggered it up. I've been wrapping the cable around the wings on the power brick while transporting it around. And I do take it everywhere with me.

So anyone out there have the same problem? Or is this just normal?

PatrickF
Jul 25, 2006, 04:26 AM
I'm not sure about this but I've also noticed this on my MBP's charger. It's been like that pretty much since I bought it in March and no problems yet. My guess is that it's fine.

mattjgalloway
Jul 25, 2006, 05:48 AM
Yeh, I've seen a similar thing happen on older cables. Winding a cable up isn't good for the cable as it generally gets twisted when you do it - it's hard not to.

It should still work fine though - just doesn't look as nice. I always try to wrap my cables up in a very very loose wind, not around the brick. That helps them to stay in shape.

TBR
Jul 25, 2006, 07:09 AM
Yeh, I've seen a similar thing happen on older cables. Winding a cable up isn't good for the cable as it generally gets twisted when you do it - it's hard not to.

I thought that might be the case, i'll have to be a little more careful in future.

Thanks.