PDA

View Full Version : FS: White 2.0GHz MacBook

eji
Jul 25, 2006, 06:57 AM
If you've seen me pop up in threads here on MR, you'll know that I bought a MacBook for my grandparents. Well, they turned it on once. Then they put it back in the box. And now they don't want it at all.

Therefore it's for all intents and purposes brand new. It got about an hour of use. We're not in the market for a new notebook just yet, else we'd keep it. Plus we don't want to pay the shipping costs to Europe, and I won't be back in the US to pick it up for a while.

So how about starting at $1175? This is the stock top-end white 2.0GHz model with SuperDrive, 60GB hard drive, and 512MB RAM.

Preferably we'll find someone in or around Toms River, NJ, so you can inspect the machine at my parents' house and save on shipping.

PM, e-mail or IM me. I'm eager to find it a nice home.

mateenj
Jul 25, 2006, 09:08 AM
I'll give you 1050 for it.

REDSRT4
Jul 25, 2006, 09:41 AM
what is the retail price?

eji
Jul 25, 2006, 09:52 AM
what is the retail price?

$1299 online at the Apple store, not counting tax.

bearcat2000
Jul 26, 2006, 09:04 AM
lol

Already asked.

I'm surprised as I think just $50 under refurbished (used w/ year warranty) sounds pretty fair.

kevin.rivers
Jul 26, 2006, 09:40 AM
I'm surprised as I think just $50 under refurbished (used w/ year warranty) sounds pretty fair.

Considering it was only used for an hour it is pretty much new. And still has the warranty. Plus it is priced $125 under retail without tax, so closer to $200 if not more in some states.

This is a very good deal. And it completely fair. Don't crap on someones thread in hopes that you will come out getting it cheaper.

eji
Jul 26, 2006, 12:12 PM
No crapping here...

bearcat2000, looking over your 23 posts, a fair number of them seem to be in marketplace threads griping about asking prices.

Look, whoever buys this MacBook from me at my asking price saves at least $125 off the retail price and gets a brand new machine that has been booted up once and then put back in the box. You at least know it's not a dud unit, you save a little money and don't have to deal with rebate hassles, and you help out a fellow Mac user who doesn't want to be $1300 in the hole with a machine he doesn't need. That's all. It's not the deal of the century; I never said it was. But it is a good chance to save a few bucks on a new MB and make everybody happy all around. Cool?

lozion
Jul 26, 2006, 12:23 PM
my offer at 1099$ still stands...

Cheers,

ExileinBlonde
Jul 28, 2006, 11:48 PM
I'm local, and I want it. How's Monday for pick up?

eji
Jul 31, 2006, 01:06 PM
The MacBook has been sold. Thanks to everyone who responded.