PDA

View Full Version : Apple Support: Non-Existent in Solving Powerbook Issues

rk_drummer
Mar 10, 2003, 03:28 PM
I am the owner of a Powerbook G4 500 laptop. Originally this unit cost me approx $6,000 CAN ($4,000 USD) when purchased around Jan 2001. Unfortunately, the computer is unable to boot from harddrive or CD, and is utterly useless at this time.

I have been taking it in for repair on a regular basis for two months now. It has had the harddrive, ram, and the logic board replacedů and a load of software tests performed on it during that time period. However, even after all that, it seems to be worse of then when I started. I cannot use it for anything.

In my opinion, Apple support have missed the boat. My issue is still not solved, and all they can recommend is that I take it to a service provider for more tests. Clearly my powerbook is a lemonů and they should take responsibility and either replace it, or refund my money.

For more information and updates, visit:
- http://www.kettner.net/apple_support/

timbloom
Mar 10, 2003, 05:30 PM
Is this powerbook still under warranty? If so just call Apple, send it directly to them, and tell them not to give it back until it is completely fixed.

If the warranty is up, you are pretty much out of luck.

Either way, call Apple Customer Relations at 1800SOSAPPL and ask for customer relations. tell them your sob story with your computer, then go from there.

rk_drummer
Mar 10, 2003, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by timbloom
Is this powerbook still under warranty? If so just call Apple, send it directly to them, and tell them not to give it back until it is completely fixed.

If the warranty is up, you are pretty much out of luck.

Either way, call Apple Customer Relations at 1800SOSAPPL and ask for customer relations. tell them your sob story with your computer, then go from there.

It is under warranty, but in Canada we can only deal with Authorized Repair Shops.... and can't send it in to apple. I've been dealing with the repair shops for two months now. No solution yet :(.

timbloom
Mar 10, 2003, 05:33 PM
Humm... I would still call customer relations, they aren't the technicians. The worst that can happen is they refuse to talk to you, and I really doubt that. Your still a customer, and you still have a bone to pick with them.

rk_drummer
Mar 11, 2003, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by timbloom
Humm... I would still call customer relations, they aren't the technicians. The worst that can happen is they refuse to talk to you, and I really doubt that. Your still a customer, and you still have a bone to pick with them.

Yeah, if it comes back with any errors this time around... I'm gonna demand a replacement or refund. Doubt they will go for refund, so replacement it is...