Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

munckee

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 27, 2005
I picked up a pair of E2c's last night to replace my dead sony 81's. So far I like them a lot. They stay in my ears better than any headphones I've tried yet.

BUT, I have one annoyance. How do you get the cord to stay flipped up over your ears? Mine constantly flop down and its annoying to have to reach up and adjust them every two seconds.

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
munckee said:
I picked up a pair of E2c's last night to replace my dead sony 81's. So far I like them a lot. They stay in my ears better than any headphones I've tried yet.

BUT, I have one annoyance. How do you get the cord to stay flipped up over your ears? Mine constantly flop down and its annoying to have to reach up and adjust them every two seconds.

Are you wearing the cord in front of or in back of your neck?

The work better down the front.

munckee

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 27, 2005
iGary - I've tried both front and back with similar results.

Peterkro - pulling that tube up some helped a bit, but I have no intention of walking around NYC with a "chin strap" (nor should I have to for $100 a pop)

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
munckee said:
iGary - I've tried both front and back with similar results.

Peterkro - pulling that tube up some helped a bit, but I have no intention of walking around NYC with a "chin strap" (nor should I have to for $100 a pop)

OK, I usually find that wearing it behind the ear and then in front of the neck works, but also tighten up on the adjuster that holds the two wires together.

Sesshi

macrumors G3
Jun 3, 2006
One Nation Under Gordon
I used to wear them down the back of my neck with the tube cinching up the cable. That's the way they're designed to work. A faff to put on but stays in place great even during fairly vigorous head movement. Having it worn down the front is not as effective and cinching the tube up while in front looks silly.

Have you read the manual?

munckee

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 27, 2005
Sesshi said:
Have you read the manual?

I skimmed it briefly last night, but I guess I'll have to spend a bit more time on it tonight. I did notice, however, that it shows them being worn with the cord in the front or the back.

telecomm

macrumors 65816
Nov 30, 2003
Rome
After a bit of wear the cable housings should relax a bit (the cables are pretty stiff at the outset). In the long run, it's just a sign that they'll stand up to a fair bit of abuse.

munckee

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 27, 2005
Thanks for the replies everyone. They seem to be getting better slowly. I think that I may have had an extra twist in the cord at one point as well, that was causing them to try to flip out more.

So far, I'll give'em an A-. If/when they break in, that'll upgrade :D

Obsidian6

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2006
Laguna Niguel, CA
i still want to get some IEMs so i can finally get rid of all my ipod headphones. i have some Sennheiser HD555s for the home listening, and i use AKG K27is when im out and about. obviously some IEMs are needed.

how do you guys like the sound of your SHUREs? I was also considering the ER6-i by etymotic(sp?)

Drum

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2005
Southampton, UK
AGoglanian said:
how do you guys like the sound of your SHUREs? I was also considering the ER6-i by etymotic(sp?)

I have some E3cs and they are AMAZING! The only drawback is that they show up so much detail that you need to copy stuff at at least 256kbps (or there's no point in having them). Good isolation. Bit tricky to put on, but then v. comfy. :)

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Drum said:
I have some E3cs and they are AMAZING! The only drawback is that they show up so much detail that you need to copy stuff at at least 256kbps (or there's no point in having them)...

That's what I keep on saying only to be told that 128AAC is perfect and that you can't hear the difference and that it wastes space etc. :rolleyes:

I like mine a lot. Worth every penny.

munckee

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 27, 2005
My E2c's are breaking in nicely, and I'm extremely happy with them. They're the first in-ear's that actually stay in comfortably without having to be fiddled with every 2 seconds. Highly recommended!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.