PDA

View Full Version : Custom PC for sale

someguy
Jul 25, 2006, 02:34 PM
UPDATE:

PC sold for $375 (tower only).

Speaker setup sold for $20.

Still available:

HUGE Dell Trinitron CRT (http://www.azatek.com/details.asp?iid=429) - I'm sure that link isn't the best deal you guys could find, but it's the same model anyways. Mine has a couple minor chips/scuffs, and the base has a decent-sized crack. It still stands fine. Make me an offer.

Plain-jane keyboard. PS/2. I think it's fried because it doesn't work anymore. Plugged it into a friend's PC because he said it wasn't working right (his PC, that is) and the keyboard hasn't worked since. Um, $1 + shipping? :D

kevin.rivers
Jul 25, 2006, 03:04 PM
I think PC for sale links in the sig are ok.

You may want to post some pictures of what you are selling.

someguy
Jul 25, 2006, 03:47 PM
I think PC for sale links in the sig are ok.

You may want to post some pictures of what you are selling.
I do not have pics at this point, however if anyone is interested, I can certainly find a way to get some to you. :)

ITASOR
Jul 25, 2006, 03:57 PM
Just a heads up, don't accept cashiers checks or money orders from someone if you meet up. They'll most likely end up being fake ones (scammer) and you'll have tons of problems. If you meet someone, I would accept cash only, and make sure that's real too.

someguy
Jul 25, 2006, 04:28 PM
Just a heads up, don't accept cashiers checks or money orders from someone if you meet up. They'll most likely end up being fake ones (scammer) and you'll have tons of problems. If you meet someone, I would accept cash only, and make sure that's real too.
Good advice. Usually when I sell things online, my plan in any event is to verify funds (whatever type they may be) before handing over the product. i.e. If it's a cashier's check, I won't ship until I've cashed it. If we can meet face to face, I'm definitely requesting cash only.

Thanks for the reminder! :)

someguy
Jul 25, 2006, 11:04 PM
Saw your craigslist ad for computer and misc. computer parts.

Trade you a HP ATI FireGL4 graphics card even up for all. This video card has a $750 core charge alone, Retails for about two grand. It's used but works ok. Curious? let me know.
I believe he is referring to this (http://cgi.ebay.com/HP-ATI-FireGL4-Graphics-Card-with-128MB-DDR-A7226A_W0QQitemZ180009778917QQihZ008QQcategoryZ56094QQcmdZViewItem) card... no? Is this some kind of joke? :confused:

ReanimationLP
Jul 25, 2006, 11:20 PM
I believe he is referring to this (http://cgi.ebay.com/HP-ATI-FireGL4-Graphics-Card-with-128MB-DDR-A7226A_W0QQitemZ180009778917QQihZ008QQcategoryZ56094QQcmdZViewItem) card... no? Is this some kind of joke? :confused:

Same card.

Yes, HP charges a CORE charge of 750 for it.

Doesnt mean its actually worth it.

Hell, HP charges a core charge for my laptop of near 1,500 dollars for a Pentium III 1.06 GHz processor, which goes on eBay for around 20 dollars. :rolleyes:

someguy
Jul 25, 2006, 11:29 PM
Same card.

Yes, HP charges a CORE charge of 750 for it.

Doesnt mean its actually worth it.

Hell, HP charges a core charge for my laptop of near 1,500 dollars for a Pentium III 1.06 GHz processor, which goes on eBay for around 20 dollars. :rolleyes:
What exactly is a core charge? I don't understand, all I know is this guy is not getting my PC! :D

someguy
Aug 1, 2006, 07:27 PM
Can anyone tell me what I should be asking for this machine? I really don't know, it's hard to judge the value of a custom machine.

someguy
Aug 4, 2006, 10:59 PM
Still for sale! Considering all trades and offers because I really want this machine gone. Just bought an iMac G4 and I have to pay for it somehow! :eek:

someguy
Aug 24, 2006, 08:57 PM
Potentially sold. Meeting with buyer on Saturday, so if all goes well, I'll no longer own a single PC. :D

someguy
Aug 26, 2006, 12:43 PM
Gone! :D

YoYoMa
Aug 26, 2006, 01:01 PM
May I ask how much you got for it? Feel free to PM me if you'd rather keep it private. (Or don't PM me if you wanna keep it REALLY private :))

someguy
Aug 26, 2006, 01:10 PM
$375 cash to a local who saw my craiglist post. :)

BlueRevolution
Aug 26, 2006, 02:20 PM
still selling that mouse?

someguy
Aug 26, 2006, 02:23 PM
Well, when I bought my iMac, I had planned to use the Apple Pro mouse that came with it, but I'm far too reliant on the right-click function to use it.

I'm not really looking to sell it at this point, though I may be interested in trading for another mouse. I can't say for sure because I love this mouse, but I'd listen to offers. :)