Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yetra

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2006
Help
I have a problem i don't know how to connect my Sony Handy Cam CCD-TRV57 to iMovie HD on my minimac. I dont know what type of cable i should buy fo it since all it has on the camera is an audio and video plugs (Yellow and Black Hole). It won't recognize my camera at all. Please help immediatly for a college project.

Thank You

Texas04

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2005
Texas
You need a firewire cord... if you dont have one than you need to buy a bridge ($250) The bridge will have an AV in (your black and yellow holes) and than on the other end it will have a firewire port, connect that to your mac mini and you should be good :)

Yetra

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2006
where would you get one of these? And thank you for the help. Do you know if there is something cheeper?

TechnoPagan

macrumors regular
Feb 2, 2006
If your Sony camera does not have a firewire port, you could try something like this for $130. Like Texas04 suggests, it has the yellow/white/red connections on one side (video in) to run from your camera to the link, then a firewire connection to run from the link to your Mac. In addition to the yellow/red/white cables which you'll presumably have with your Sony video camera, you'll need a 6pin-6pin firewire available from Radio Shack or Best Buy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.