PDA

View Full Version : Feeler [UK] - Powerbook 15" 1.67Ghz / 100GB HDD / 1GB RAM / 128MB VRAM - 'As New'

NATO
Jul 26, 2006, 03:38 AM
Hi guys,

I'm considering an upgrade to a MBP and to facilitate such a purchase I am considering selling my Powerbook.

In all honesty, the laptop hasn't been used very much since its purchase on the 14th Feb 2005. It is absolutely mint-condition (not a single scratch or mark!) and is covered by Applecare (at the time of writing there are 568 days left on the coverage). I have the original packing for the Powerbook, so it would be shipped with all accessories, cables etc, just as it arrived to me when it was new.

Specs:
Powerbook G4 1.67GHz 15"
1GB RAM
100GB Hard Drive
128MB VRAM (Can drive 30" ACD)
SuperDrive
Backlit Keyboard
Capable of 'Two-Finger' Scrolling
Includes Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger and iLife 06 (Discs Included)

I'm really just interested to see if there is much interest in my machine, if there is I would certainly be willing to sell it. If you are worried about parting with a large sum of cash over the marketplace, I have an ebay account with 100% feedback and I have also sold a Canon 350D Digital SLR Camera to another well-known MacRumors member who I'm sure would be willing to vouch for me (details on request)

If you're interested, please post or PM me. The going price on ebay seems to be around 700 for a machine without Applecare (unlike mine which is covered by Applecare for another 18 months approx), so if I say 750 as an initial starting figure, but am open to reasonable offers.

http://www.240volts.com/nato_powerbook.jpg

NATO
Jul 26, 2006, 05:59 AM
Provisionally sold

NATO
Jul 31, 2006, 07:37 AM
Successfully sold to machappymeal. I would have no problem recommending him to anyone in MacRumors who is buying or selling here on the Marketplace.

machappymeal
Jul 31, 2006, 08:34 AM
Successfully sold to machappymeal. I would have no problem recommending him to anyone in MacRumors who is buying or selling here on the Marketplace.

One very happy customer here:) . Am typing this on said Powerbook.

NATO kindly met up with me for a cash deal. The Powerbook is in stunning condition, an absolute delight. Nato was very friendly and polite throughout the transaction. He kept me informed all of the way and met me on time:p . It was a real pleasure to deal with him and I can recommend him to anyone on these forums.

Many thanks once again.

killuminati
Jul 31, 2006, 09:25 AM
Do you mind posting how much it was sold for?

Just trying to can an idea for my PBs value...

baby duck monge
Jul 31, 2006, 10:08 AM

UK prices are often exceedingly different from US prices. Just a heads-up.

machappymeal
Jul 31, 2006, 10:28 AM

I'll leave that to Nato as it was his sale. I am very happy with the price I paid:)

killuminati
Jul 31, 2006, 10:58 AM
UK prices are often exceedingly different from US prices. Just a heads-up.

Good to know, thanks.

NATO
Jul 31, 2006, 11:29 AM
I let it go at 600 which was fine for me as we both saved on postage and paypal fees etc, so we both got what we wanted :)

Had it been a traditional sale, I would have had to sell for 650+ to get the same 600 cash as delivery would have been around 20-25 plus Paypal would have taken a sizeable chunk I'm sure :rolleyes:

eidrunner247
Jul 31, 2006, 03:08 PM
I just bought a computer like that too for around the same price, minus Applecare, but plus another gig of RAM for 1125 (602 pounds). i was happy with it, and love the computer, - excellent condition - plus the battery was still at 93% according to coconut battery.