PDA

View Full Version : Feeler/FS: macbook 2 Ghz white OR PB 17" hi-res

QCassidy352
Jul 27, 2006, 09:32 AM
UPDATE:

The powerbook has sold, and the macbook will be staying with me. Many thanks to all who expressed interested! :)

kevin.rivers
Jul 27, 2006, 09:44 AM
I'm not putting asking prices because the whole point of this thread is to see what the market value of each is and sell accordingly.
Pics can follow if you want, but both are in excellent condition.

That is why you call it a Feeler instead of a FS. Or a Feeler/FS

QCassidy352
Jul 27, 2006, 09:49 AM
That is why you call it a Feeler instead of a FS. Or a Feeler/FS

thanks, very helpful. :rolleyes: Seriously, if that's all you have to say, why would you bother posting?

It's not a "feeler" because that implies that I might not sell. But I definitely am selling one or the other. In fact, I'd sell both, given good offers.

However, if the mods agree with you, I have no objection to the title being changed to "feeler/fs." :rolleyes:

Collin973
Jul 27, 2006, 10:12 AM
Well, from what I've seen, 17" PB are pretty hard to sell on here. If you want to sell that and get a good price for it, I'd try selling it on craigslist or ebay. Just the other day, someone sold their 17" PB (with very similar specs) for $1100. I personally think they are worth more than $1100.

So, its up to. When I was selling my PB, i posted it in a bunch of marketplaces and on craigslist and I got a lot of interest.

--Just some thoughts

QCassidy352
Jul 27, 2006, 10:17 AM
haha, yeah, that's this powerbook. I'm the one who bought it for $1100. :) (as I said, I bought it in anticipation of needing a laptop for weeks while my MB issues were being sorted out, but apple took care of me very well. :))

I agree that this is probably the wrong forum to sell a powerbook, and especially a 17". I almost didn't post in the MR marketplace at all, and in truth, I think I'll end up at CL or ebay. But who knows, maybe I'll get a good offer on the macbook or something. If not, I haven't lost anything but the few minutes it took me to create this thread.

Collin973
Jul 27, 2006, 11:34 AM
Very nice! A 17" PB with those specs @ $1100 was a steal! Congrats on that. CL really is an excellent place to sell stuff. I had like 10 offers in a matter of hours for my pb.

lozion
Jul 27, 2006, 12:14 PM
Hi,
a refurb macbook 2ghz goes for 1099$ shipped at apple.com
I'd be willing to give you that for yours and the added ram. :)
Cheers,

Kardashian
Jul 27, 2006, 12:35 PM
Depending on shipping charges to the UK, and that both items are mint - without a single mark - and my iMac sells within the time frame your looking to 'get rid' - I'll give you $900-$1,000 for either.

They have to be mark/blemish/dent/scratch free - I'm very particular, :) LOL.

PM me, as I'm not watching the thread.

QCassidy352
Jul 27, 2006, 01:37 PM
Apparently not spelling out any price guidelines up front was stupid of me.

I realize I probably can't resell the powerbook for more than I paid for it on the same forum. But honestly, I'm not willing to take a loss on it when I didn't even put it to any use. (Again, I thought I'd need a back-up for several weeks while my MB was being sorted out. That's the kind of horror story I've been reading about MB logic board repairs.) Especially not when I think $1100 is a great price for this powerbook (that's why I bought this PB instead of the other countless G4s out there).

I do appreciate all the interest, and hope I've not been rude to anyone, but I've been offered $1100 for each machine more than once. So let's just say that if you're not offering more than that, there are several people ahead of you. :) And unlike some, I've had great success with ebay, so I'm not adverse to that if I can't get more than $1100 for either here. (I sorta figured posting this on MR was a long shot...)

edit: Ok, to clear up some apparent confusion. I'm saying that I've already been offered $1100, not putting that as the sale price on either.

onthat
Jul 27, 2006, 03:34 PM
depending on the condition of the powerbook and if it is in fact the Revision E model, I'd be willing to offer much more than $1100. I'll have all my funds ready by August 2nd, so keep me informed. Thanks!

neut
Jul 27, 2006, 03:54 PM
Trade the 17" for a PowerMac dual 2.5 G5? (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=214204)

peace | neut